Selling location of farm areas illegal?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

So I found an area that is great for farming. Now I’m not one who likes to farm and grind a whole lot, so I was thinking of selling the information to a player who wants to know about it. Is this illegal?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Considering people can sell things like unofficial game guides which may include farming information, no, it’s not illegal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

So… which law would you break by selling that information?

Also, if it breaks some specific law, tell me where you live so I know not to move there.

=) Hope I wasn’t too sarcastic.

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I’d like to know what dumbkitten would pay anything for information like that. Takes no time or effort to look up good farming spots online or just ask around.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

believe me, if you have found it, surely someone else has too and already posted ether on wiki or a guide website for free.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Selling information is perfectly legal unless it’s blackmail.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

yeah…. sure you could legally sell it but the thing is it has no value (since it can be found elsewhere for free) and therefore no demand.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Why does this remind me of the people offering to tell players how to get ten free Zaishen Keys, at the cost of two of them? (Some players went as high as five!)

That got SO rampant at one point that I made it a point to holler the “secret” on All chat every time I saw that “offer”.

Anyway. That being said, I agree that if you found a prime spot to farm, you’re probably not the only one, and it’s on guides somewhere.

But akittens core, what you ask is PROBABLY not illegal by the EULA, presuming the transactions are small enough that you don’t trigger any warning flags on whatever they use to monitor excessive gold transactions. Borderline unethical, but not illegal. Probably.

Of course, you won’t be able to stop others from sharing the information further, either for free or for their own profit. Eventually, it WILL become common enough that the information will be worthless. Assuming it’s not already a common farm.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Hi, Im a Nigerian king. If you send me 2000gold i will give you 3 secret gold farming locations that guarantee 600gold per hour.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Why does this remind me of the people offering to tell players how to get ten free Zaishen Keys, at the cost of two of them? (Some players went as high as five!)

That was something different entirely. On one hand you had people gambling keys for rare drops, on the other hand people who needed keys for /zrank. They found each other in this system, and it most certainly worked. At first I thought it was crazy too but there is a good reason for it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Not illegal. It is simply selling knowledge. Just because that knowledge is related to the game doesn’t make it “illegal”.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64