Sick of Take All

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Now that I have started leveling several alts, I am really sick of this TAKE ALL for the trade post. Why can’t you choose what you need to take? Why must you pick up everything even though some of them are for your alts? There are many trade post NPC out of the cities but very few bank NPCs, so it does not work well to just place them into the bank for common access.
Let us pick up what we need please. One of the simplest thing available on all kind of applications and games but GW2.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

ANet sells storage for gems.. ATM you are asking for additional free storage. Even if you do not realize it.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Finess.2176

Finess.2176

No he’s not, he’s asking for the ability to take one item instead of taking all.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

No he’s not, he’s asking for the ability to take one item instead of taking all.

Well it is in a sense free storage if he can leave the things on Market indefinitely and only pick up what he wants when he wants. Now I can also see how allowing the items to be picked up as you like and not all at once can make for exploitative ways to manipulate the market by say buying up all of this type and allowing it to sit for 6 months then flooding market with the items. If this was not in place a person would have to NOT buy anything else from market as they would not be able to get to it. There currently is not limit to the amount of purchased items can sit there and I have not seen a “pick up by this time deadline” imposed like other games do. Blizzard applied 30 day expiration to in game messages with or with out attachments for this very reason. The person you replied to saying declarative “No it’s not, he is asking……” was stating their opinion based on their experience and perception so you can not say that definitively that is not in essence what the OP is requesting.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ghoest.3945

Ghoest.3945

Finess is right.
Grimrah is wrong.

Even if you buy the stuff with 2 different characters you cant pick it up with the 2 separate characters.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rhaynne.9467

Rhaynne.9467

Everything is account based, hit take all, put it in your bank and log in with your alt to pick it up at the bank. Only difference is, your picking it up at your bank, rather than the TP.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

Or just mail the item(s)/money to your alt if you don’t wanna use up bank space..
Much more convenient if your alt isn’t in the vicinity or a bank.

Edit: Oh wait you can’t, my bad! I recall being able to do it at some point..

My quest is to find the dorito.

(edited by CaveSalamander.9150)

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rhaynne.9467

Rhaynne.9467

Don’t think you can mail to yourself

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

You can’t.
That would be a MUCH more readily abusable feature for extra storage than the BLTC.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

I agree. I would love to be able to pick and choose what to take. If there needs to be a timeout or some other such nonsense to avoid abuse then so be it.

Unless I can dynamically borrow from my alts’ bag space and use their slots when I pick up their items, I wouldn’t agree that this is a space issue. I have the space. It’s just on a different character. It’s a “do you really expect me to swap characters and/or find a bank or crafting station because I didn’t pick up items on my alt yet” issue. This feature would improve convenience and provide a more continuous experience while playing the game.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

If you put something up for sale, then cancel it, does it fall into your inventory or the “pickup” area like purchases?

If it ends up in the pickup area, then this is easily exploitable if they let you cherry pick what you pick up.

People could just put all their loot in TP for 1cp, cancel it (and only lose the 1cp) and pick it up whenever they got back to town. It’d become near-unlimited storage for junk loots … though that might reduce the amount of people that still put junk blues/greens on TP for vendor price+1cp.

Edit: Oh, and yes, good points above. People could just buy up whole stocks of things, because they’d not have to worry about inventory space, and then repost it at higher prices (or sit on it, leaving it in the TP interface) until they were guaranteed higher prices. While this is possible now using alts and bags and bank space, that all runs out (and costs gems to increase).

(edited by Dominae.3146)

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: akuzum.5263

akuzum.5263

ANet devs can put a timer for “Take All” limit once you interact with TP guy. Timer can be like 2/3 days. In this period you can take whatever/whenever you want. At the end of the timer, items/money will disappear.
I know it looks like a bit crucial but can prevent abusive uses and can help you to take items on any toon.
Still, if you don’t interact with TP guy, items will stay there forever which means you don’t lose money/item.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ephiny.9831

Ephiny.9831

/signed op – yeh its a nightmare if you’re leveling alts

Valar Morghulis

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Can’t you pick it up on one character and mail it to the other one? or does a character need to be logged on to send mail to it?

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ephiny.9831

Ephiny.9831

you cannot mail between alts

Valar Morghulis

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

I think Anet could implement this feature… and to counter balance it Anet should put a storage fee after 48hrs if you haven’t pick up your stuff then they charge 10 silver daily.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Sick of Take All

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Timer deleted items and time based storage fees are not the solution to the described issue. Both penalize legitimate players at the expense of deterring exploitation of a feature being asked to be added to correct a particular use case. For example players who are in the military would have extended periods of time they can’t play. This isn’t something limited to just military though, most players go days or even a week or longer between play sessions as well. A simple and more elegant solution would be to change the current design to have a TP unique identifier per character instead of per account. In that way the TP works the same as it does now except that each character gets it’s own transaction and pick up lists. Instead of the account based lists.