Sigil of Generosity- Price

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

What happened yesterday that it went from 10 gold to 18? can someone please elaborate? did they decrease the drop rate or what? .____. cause I really want tons of them for all of my chars.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

From what I understand they are not dropping this Wintersday.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

MrKahwk.9524

I thought they are. why else dif the stocks (I don’t know the world in English) go up then? xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

Haha I thought that more people were selling them at the high price. I’m not sure though, I’m no expert.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

They are dropping, they’re just very rare.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Black Lion Trading Co

MrKahwk.9524

yea but why did the price get doubled since yesterday?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Probably someone bought out a bunch of them. Maybe relisting them afterwards.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

My guess is that people had stocked them and thought they were dropping this year so they started to sell them anticipating a price drop. I don’t think they are available this year though- could be wrong but only 2 people that I have seen have claimed to get 1 so either they are super rare or those people where mistaken and did not get them this year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

I opened a couple thousand boxes at lunch and never got one. Never got an unbreakable bell either so it could just be my luck.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Usually when only 1 or 2 ppl say something…they are not correct. It would be nice of anet to say something on the matter since it really is a a matter of mechanics vs cosmetics being temporarily available. But…alas chances are we won’t hear two peeps as per usual.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

MrKahwk.9524

I am pretty sure that they drop from Giant gifts. If not, anet would have said something about it.
I don’t really get why the price didn’t stay at 10g since the drop rate was always the same (but maybe even not…) and even if someone had bought a lot of them, if the price had gone up to 18g, the price would have stabilised itself eventually and go back towards 10g. But it has been 1 and a half days and it’s still between 18-20g. I REALLY wobder what happened xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

There’s this guy Dub who bought 10000 or 20000 giant gifts and the sigil was not a drop for him

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1snco0/for_science_20000_giant_wintersday_gifts_opened/

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

The wiki was updated yesterday I believe and it shows that the sigil does not drop in the giant boxes but it drops in the large boxes. So I don’t know how accurate that would be.

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

MrKahwk.9524

Well, he did only get 1 unbreakable choir bell after all. Maybe it was just bad luck that he didn’t get the sigil? I’d really like an answer from a Dev please if it’s possible
Edit: woah the price went down one gold :0 way to go!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It is so weird lol. I bought 1 just in case because I had sold mine last month assuming they would be back. What makes me really believe that they are not available anymore is that the lower sigils have not changed in price either. It is either that or extremely rare. Looking at the mini Ho-ho tron which is also rare you would think there would have been at least as many sigils added to the market as the mini if they are both a really rare drop. I believe there are far more minis that have been found in the past few days then sigils.

Guess we will see in 3 or 4 weeks what the price shows :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

You know, this is the type of thing that would be APPRECIATED in the PATCH NOTES. not soo subtle hint. Its’ really no wonder communication is one of the most talked about short falls.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The wiki was updated yesterday I believe and it shows that the sigil does not drop in the giant boxes but it drops in the large boxes. So I don’t know how accurate that would be.

How do you even get large boxes? Every single box I’ve gotten has been a Giant one. The ones from the JP / Bell Choir, the ones the Dolyaks drop during the events in LA, the ones from the Meta-Achieve reward, they’re all Giant.

Is it level-based?

That would be rather cheap to only include a particular “endgame” item in lower-tier boxes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

You can buy them with glory or the ugly sock/sweater/hat things. Other than that I think it is level based. Could be wrong. It’s happened once before, but only once.

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Maybe there’s DR upon opening boxes? Would explain the drop rates from that reddit link.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

Maybe there’s DR upon opening boxes? Would explain the drop rates from that reddit link.

That would also be utterly ridiculous and a swift kick in the throat to anyone that opened more than 1.

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alex Behemoth.4952

Alex Behemoth.4952

What do you mean by DR???

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Diminishing Returns.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

the wiki data is from last year. It’s not current now – and on reading further, it wasn’t correct in 2012 either;
ie it lists the generosity sigils as a drop from large wintersday gifts, but when you look at the drop rates for 2012, it’s zero
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Large_Wintersday_Gift/drop_rate/2012

I’ve had several large and medium presents drop this year, I think from mid-low level areas. Not enough to base any assumptions on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeru.1832

Zeru.1832

I got one from the Personal Gift Box a few days ago, so I know for a fact they drop this wintersday.

in Black Lion Trading Co

MrKahwk.9524

I got one from the Personal Gift Box a few days ago, so I know for a fact they drop this wintersday.

Congratz and thank you for this information ^^

Btw the sigils are now at 14 gold and I don’t think they will go down a lot any time soon. It’s a decent price and I think I’ll buy at least 5 of them. What about you guys, do you want to wait untill they’re even cheaper or can’t you wait to finally use them on your chars? :]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

If we could get multiple players confirming such, that would be good. Without confirmation I am unwilling to take something as fact.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

And why is minor and superior sigil of generosity at 14g, but major sigil is at 1g?

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

And why is minor and superior sigil of generosity at 14g, but major sigil is at 1g?

Just checked and yeah, you are right. Is the major version bugged or something?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They only drop from personalized wintersday gifts.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

How do you get personalized gifts?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Evilbeavers.3964

Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle