So 5 dollars for a kitten

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

That is the lion cub reskinned, which in turn is the leopard reskinned and resized.

5 dollars? I mean at least have some decency to make new animations. Just like with the sickle, anet apparently are too lazy to even put any real effort to the items they put in the store for hilariously high prices.

Am I the only one who feels really off with this? I mean at least some unique animations would make it seem like some effort was put in these things.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

If you think it’s too expensive, don’t buy it. Vote with your wallet.

If enough people buy it though, more power to Anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

That’s very cool, thanks for contributing nothing.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

You might not like it , but it’s true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

His point was they were lazy about it just like what they did with the sickle. If they want us to spend $5 at least show a little effort when it comes to animating them.

Yea, using a scythe like a pickaxe, really showing original thought there.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

His point was they were lazy about it just like what they did with the sickle. If they want us to spend $5 at least show a little effort when it comes to animating them.

Yea, using a scythe like a pickaxe, really showing original thought there.

Who’s “us?” It’s understandable that you don’t think a simple re-skinned mini isn’t worth $5. But other people might. And in the end, you vote with your wallet. If enough people do think its worth it, then good for Anet, they managed to make money with a little less time spent on silly cosmetics. If not? Well they obviously learned they have to do a better job to sell their goods.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Yes but there are threads popping up upset about the lack of original animation with the kitten. Plus that it’s freakishly big for a kitten. Not looking for a 4 week old ball of fur kitten but a kitten that implies that when fully grown it’s as big of a medium size dog … ?

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Yes but there are threads popping up upset about the lack of original animation with the kitten. Plus that it’s freakishly big for a kitten. Not looking for a 4 week old ball of fur kitten but a kitten that implies that when fully grown it’s as big of a medium size dog … ?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue.

Of course some people will dislike it. I don’t argue this. It’s perfectly understandable why the size/animations will bother some people, and why they’d post threads about it.

However, it’s foolish to think though that this somehow leads to poor sales. The Molten Pick spawned several threads complaining about how it was soulbound, not accountbound. And yet it was an incredibly popular item.

If Anet manages to earn enough money on this item, good for them. If they don’t, they’ll learn their lesson. I don’t care either way, but I do have a problem with people projecting their own opinions on the playerbase as a whole and implying that just because a certain item did not their personal tastes, that “us” the population as a whole won’t purchase it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I don’t know why you thought I thought it wouldn’t sell well? My $5 comment was more about perception that they phoned it in and eventually poor perception will eventually impact the gem shop whether it’s RNG skins in boxes or knock off pets or gathering animations.

Waiting for the tiger cub and the inevitable white tiger cub.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

I bought my sickle as soon as I saw the patch notes, as I was so impressed with the mining pickaxe. I expected the same standard, and at least the same harvesting animation, not hacking at plants. To see just a rangers heal skill popping out as well was also very sad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

You might not like it , but it’s true.

Yeah and moderators constantly say they want constructive feedback. I am giving them constructive feedback about making the items they offer more of a worthwhile investment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Imagine what’d happen if they put a res-skinned greatsword, or other weapon up for direct sale instead of offering it up only via random chests. I bet the community would be all up in arms over just another “reskinned and resized” item they didn’t have to overcome RNG for!

Oh wait… isn’t that what so many wanted? Or did I just misinterpret stuff like

4 minipets were pure rng.

But you could buy 5 of the others, only getting 3 without buying them, and you could buy all the weapons and town cloths. I never said there was no RNG, but at least we had other things to spend our money on.

Oh and I did the Christmas chests and got the 3 mini pets, then turned them into a Quaggan. So the odds at Christmas were better then now.

Because you got the quaggan makes the chances better? Thats now how it works. I don’t know if you visited the forums at that time but the complaint threads were massive.

Yes, yes, before you all go there, I do get it… those mini-pets were different – unlike weapons that ARE just reskinned/resiszed. The point being they make it RNG people complain. They make them directly available, but not to people’s liking, they complain. So, what is it gonna take to make people happy?

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

If you think it’s too expensive, don’t buy it. Vote with your wallet.

If enough people buy it though, more power to Anet.

True that. Vote with your wallets. Let us not give anet any money.

huh?

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Lots of ppl bought “pet rocks”. I’m sure we have lots of those type ppl in game with us. Unfortunately buying “pet rocks” ensures we get more “pet rocks” and not more decent options.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I made my pet rock

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

Imagine what’d happen if they put a res-skinned greatsword, or other weapon up for direct sale instead of offering it up only via random chests. I bet the community would be all up in arms over just another “reskinned and resized” item they didn’t have to overcome RNG for!

Oh wait… isn’t that what so many wanted? Or did I just misinterpret stuff like

4 minipets were pure rng.

But you could buy 5 of the others, only getting 3 without buying them, and you could buy all the weapons and town cloths. I never said there was no RNG, but at least we had other things to spend our money on.

Oh and I did the Christmas chests and got the 3 mini pets, then turned them into a Quaggan. So the odds at Christmas were better then now.

Because you got the quaggan makes the chances better? Thats now how it works. I don’t know if you visited the forums at that time but the complaint threads were massive.

Yes, yes, before you all go there, I do get it… those mini-pets were different – unlike weapons that ARE just reskinned/resiszed. The point being they make it RNG people complain. They make them directly available, but not to people’s liking, they complain. So, what is it gonna take to make people happy?

You’re really not making any sense.

They make quality items with rng = bad

They make lazy/rushed items with rng = bad

They make lazy/rushed items for set price = bad

They make quality items for set price = good

Really, they didn’t even bother to make a couple new animations for the kitten. It’s all animations from before the game even launched. That’s lazy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

NCsoft/Anet/Whatever greed is getting wild, that’s why you get re-skinned/copy-paste items.

They don’t care about quality anymore (implying they ever care about quality), they know people will buy any fancy/shiny item like hot cakes, regardless of being just a re-skinned item.

Personally, I will gladly buy the 8k gems pack if they fixed all the bugs we have since the beta and another 8k if they make a proper profession balance but for them, selling crap and RNG is way more profitable and since people buy them no matter how cheap/crappy they are, expect more items like the kitten (next time it will be a kitten with stripes and then a kitten with spots and if you are lucky, a kitten with heterochromia).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

You’re really not making any sense.

They make quality items with rng = bad

They make lazy/rushed items with rng = bad

They make lazy/rushed items for set price = bad

They make quality items for set price = good

Really, they didn’t even bother to make a couple new animations for the kitten. It’s all animations from before the game even launched. That’s lazy.

“Quality” is a matter of opinion. Offering a direct sale vs a random chance isn’t.

I see this as a change in policy (although it appears RNG may be making a come back). It’s something. Maybe not to you, but to someone who can now happily buy the mini directly, instead of having to RNG for it, it’s probably a most welcomed change. But that doesn’t matter to you, eh?

Basically, until they offer exactly what you want directly for sale we can expect to keep seeing the same posts, no? That’s fine, keep at it. Keep up the tunnel vision.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gasoline.2570

It’s like your saying either we take rng or we take lazy/rushed items. lol? How about no rng and good items. What’s so hard to understand about that?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I was going to buy the Mini White Kitten until I saw it. Terrible, not even cute. I never purchase cosmetic items from the gem store, and this would have gotten me started if they did it well. Loss for ANet and for me.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mfernandez.4172

mfernandez.4172

I was going to buy the Mini White Kitten until I saw it. Terrible, not even cute.

Try telling that to my friend who bought it.

Made a video on the kitten!

EROTIC DISCO HEAT [SE] [FR]
http://www.youtube.com/user/taeHocsiD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s novelty.

Do you need it? No.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I was going to buy the Mini White Kitten until I saw it. Terrible, not even cute.

Try telling that to my friend who bought it.

Made a video on the kitten!

I lol’d. Mini Tabby Cat is cuter though! Like…for a kitten, this thing’s head is so huge and fat. It’s just the wrong head/body shape.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I was kind of surprised with the way the white kitten turned out. Something about it’s face is off. I love getting the minis, but it could use a little work. Maybe just resizing it a little to look slightly smaller or skinnier.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

It’s like your saying either we take rng or we take lazy/rushed items. lol? How about no rng and good items. What’s so hard to understand about that?

That’s not what I am saying, nor have said.

Obviously you don’t think this item is “good” or of “quality”. Fine, that’s your opinion. I’m sure there are more then a few happy customers who would have differing opinions. And the point being, I’m sure they’re happy the didn’t have to RNG for that satisfaction. Not sure how you’re missing that point.

Since you apparently know what good and items of quality are, perhaps you should let ANet know here :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

He’s right. The only thing we can do is vote with our wallet. Don’t give them money for being lazy and creating crappy products.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the problem is that allot of ppl are simply idiots, buying everything they want without thinking about the consequences.