So Wintersday speculation?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Looking at Halloween and how we had skins seemingly discontinued and the candy corn changed what do you think we can expect from the Wintersday items? There were many more involved in Wintersday than the Halloween- do you think all of that is going to be revamped like the candy corn or the vendors and skins will stay the same as last year? We had I think 4 minis we could make.. do you think we will get new craft able minis with the same recipe or will it be the same 4? Some of the weapon skins were popular last year and others fell short- will these be discontinued like the Halloween ones? Then we had the ugly sweaters, socks, and hats… are we going to get something new to do with these?

So thoughts- worth investing or too risky with the changes we saw in Halloween?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t care how it happens, but I would love it if we could do away with all but one or two of the Snowflake materials. They’re extremely confusing, and don’t really have that much to craft with them at each level. At the very least, I’d like to see them renamed/reconcepted to make them more distinct from each other.

I liked the system for the skins last year. Winter’s weapons were still locked behind the Black Lion Chest, but that’s harder to be frustrated by when we also got much more accessible/affordable toy weapon skins. I’d like to see more of these, or a similar path taken, with one set for the Black Lion, and one less costly set for everyone else.

I didn’t play much of Winterday 2012, so I can’t comment much on the rest of it. The one thing I really don’t want to see is anything new with Sonder the Seller, the Grinch of All Holidays. He’s just a major buzzkill all around.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Lol I love how you call him a buzzkill :P I bet he has something special for us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

perma hair stylist again pls.

@sonder the seller: wts old socks – 100 000snowflakes each

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Mint leaves.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t care how it happens, but I would love it if we could do away with all but one or two of the Snowflake materials. They’re extremely confusing, and don’t really have that much to craft with them at each level. At the very least, I’d like to see them renamed/reconcepted to make them more distinct from each other.

Nooooo! I like the different tiers of Snowflakes!

But given what happened with Dragon Bash and Halloween, I think it’s safe to say that (barring a complete 180 from ANet after the Halloween backlash) we will need lots of Wintersday items to craft whatever new items are available then. There is also a near 100% chance that Tixx, IF he returns, will not have the same toy minis he was offering last year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I’m guessing you’ll need about half a million of all the wool items and about 100k snowflakes to gather all the materials needed for any new weapons. Skins will be available (with horrible RNG) in BL chests and the ca$h $hop will have a new mini-bundle and possibly town clothes.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I predict more grind, less fun. Unless you ignore the grind (and the carrots requiring it) and just have the fun. I also predict that AreneNet will ruin Wintersday for a lot of entitled players.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

But given what happened with Dragon Bash and Halloween, I think it’s safe to say that (barring a complete 180 from ANet after the Halloween backlash) we will need lots of Wintersday items to craft whatever new items are available then. There is also a near 100% chance that Tixx, IF he returns, will not have the same toy minis he was offering last year.

they specifically said last year that those 5 minis were intended to be obtainable each year

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Wintersday skins won’t skyrocket from being discontinued since there are already way more than enough to satisfy demand for the next five years. People still have stacks of these things lying in their banks. But since halloween skins did so well, I expect speculation will push them higher than market value and they will crash upon release.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

they specifically said last year that those 5 minis were intended to be obtainable each year

That seems odd though. I was able to make 3 of them and 1 tonic. So I am only missing the cogs for 1 frame. Maybe they will have the frames available again for the ugly sweaters so I can make the rest of the tonics and the last 2 minis.. but I am hoping they add something new for us. Maybe it will be the doylak tonic for me if they are all the same lol

I do not remember them saying that last year though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I’m guessing you’ll need about half a million of all the wool items and about 100k snowflakes to gather all the materials needed for any new weapons. Skins will be available (with horrible RNG) in BL chests and the ca$h $hop will have a new mini-bundle and possibly town clothes.

You forgot about the part where you have to mystic forge several RNG black lion chest drops. Can’t have it too easy.

:)

To be fair though, last year, the wintersday skins were available directly from the shop. Too bad they moved away from that practice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Less content, more grind.

It’s been their pattern each time now, I have no doubt it’ll be another ruined event.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Not as good as last years, judging from Halloween…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

That seems odd though. I was able to make 3 of them and 1 tonic. So I am only missing the cogs for 1 frame. Maybe they will have the frames available again for the ugly sweaters so I can make the rest of the tonics and the last 2 minis.. but I am hoping they add something new for us. Maybe it will be the doylak tonic for me if they are all the same lol

I do not remember them saying that last year though.

iirc it was not a red post on these forums, was either streamed or a 3rd party interview or blogged. i remember it being quoted around these forums but dont remember seeing a red post in a thread. …probably blogged.

they intended for you to only be able to make some of them so you would have something to do next year, because it was/is going to be rehashed.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions