Sold items remain on screen

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

So now after you have sold an item it doesn’t vanish, you need to click the x to close it or try to sell a nonexistent item for the system to tell you it’s not there.

Brilliant work devs, you have just doubled the work needed to sell items!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

As I mentioned elsewhere to someone else…

Clicking ‘OK’ in the success window will cause the item information pop-up to remain on-screen. This is intended behavior and exactly the same functionality as it had been prior to today’s update.

To exit that item pop-up after completing a sale and move on to another item, you must click the ‘Close’ button to return to your items to sell listings (as it had been prior to today’s update). Alternatively, you can click the [X] in the top right corner or anywhere outside of the pop-up to dismiss it and return to your item listings (just as before today’s update).

Hitting ‘OK’ has been behaving this way since the initial TP 2.0 update, it is not new.

However, what is new is that you are no longer forced to close the item information pop-up after completing a sale if you happen to have no more of that item left to sell.

Previously:
Sell some of an item – have the ‘OK and the ’Close’ buttons available

• Could choose to remain working in the pop-up by hitting ‘OK’
  • Could choose to close the pop-up by hitting ‘Close’

Sell all of an item – only have the ‘Close’ option.

• Unfortunate if you wanted to continue working in that pop-up window for some reason as you were forced to have to close it.

With today’s update:
Sell some of an item – have the ‘OK and the ’Close’ buttons available

• Can choose to remain working in the pop-up by hitting ‘OK’
  • Can choose to close the pop-up by hitting ‘Close’

Sell all of an item – have the ‘OK and the ’Close’ buttons available

• Can choose to remain working in the pop-up by hitting ‘OK’
  • Can choose to close the pop-up by hitting ‘Close’

I can appreciate this minor QoL change to no longer be forced to exit the item information pop-up just because I sold all of that item instead of only some.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Why on earth would you want to stay in the sell window when you already sold all of those items that you had? The way it is now is completely non-intuitive, no one is going to naturally click a button that says close when what they want to do is sell.

It also seems to have gone back to not automatically selecting the entire stack. How often does someone click on a stack of things to sell with the intention of only selling one of them? A lot less often than selling the whole stack, which should be the default instead of just one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Why on earth would you want to stay in the sell window when you already sold all of those items that you had? The way it is now is completely non-intuitive, no one is going to naturally click a button that says close when what they want to do is sell.

It’s a way they use to slow you down so you don’t sell too many things and hit their stop-selling-so-much-stuff message. Because messages that tell you you can’t do something are annoying. But having to close a window when you’re done with it is common, if not outdated and unnecessary. You may ask why they would need a message to tell you to stop selling so much. That’s a different problem that I, personally, feel has no good answer.

How often does someone click on a stack of things to sell with the intention of only selling one of them?

I would estimate I do that about 1 in 10,000 sales. The only scenario that comes to mind is: I have too much Dark Matter, I craft 10 ascended zojja inscriptions, I list 2 of them, wait for those to sell, list 2 more, etc. I don’t do that so much anymore. I didn’t get a chance to test this yet, but if it really is like that, I would assume it’s a bug that should be reported.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I actually like it this way, whenever I’m trying something new in the TP I record all the prices/actual profit by hand. If I forget to write something down, I usually remember the split second after I hit sell. This way I don’t have to go search for my buy/sell log to find the exact price of what I sold/listed the item for.

That said… I’m not fond of it the rest of the time when I’m just trying to clear my inventory of runes/sigils that I picked up while salvaging.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

I am so annoyed by this change…

Since recently I did a lot of farming in the Silverwastes, I always have load of blue and green equips that I would instant sell them on TP. Before I was able to quickly sell all of them, but now each time after I sold one, I have to click the god kitten cancel button again and again, it’s becoming super frustrating

I can understand the window staying if I STILL have more of the same item to sell, or I was actually BUYING that item. But I’m just done selling the item and I have no more, what reason is there for the window to still be up?