Sold my first legendary

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It was a bit bittersweet. Anyone else sell a legendary and have mixed feelings about it? Something you would do as steady income if you have the skill points/karma? I doubt I would do it again but that amount of gold is so tempting!

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Out of curiosity, now that you have that much money, what are you using it for?

I have one legendary, Twilight, and crafting it was the biggest effort I’ve ever made in any video game. So no, selling it was not an option for me.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

It was a bit bittersweet. Anyone else sell a legendary and have mixed feelings about it? Something you would do as steady income if you have the skill points/karma? I doubt I would do it again but that amount of gold is so tempting!

I regret selling a bolt only because the price point went up a few hundred g the following week.

On the + side I made 3 more legendaries with that so I guess it all worked out.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Out of curiosity, now that you have that much money, what are you using it for?

I have one legendary, Twilight, and crafting it was the biggest effort I’ve ever made in any video game. So no, selling it was not an option for me.

I don’t know honestly I guess wait for new legendaries and see if I like one of them and will have some gold to get started on it. I still don’t have 2 crafting professions to 500 so I could work on that. I just want to make sure I don’t waste it so I am left with nothing to show for all that work!

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

I regret selling a bolt only because the price point went up a few hundred g the following week.

On the + side I made 3 more legendaries with that so I guess it all worked out.

Wow 3 legendaries out of 1 sell. I think that was a great trade lol!

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It makes me sad that legendary weapons can even be sold. I am ok with pre-cursors (although I wish we had more ways of getting them) but something feels wrong about selling a legendary. Doesn’t feel legendary at all.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

It makes me sad that legendary weapons can even be sold. I am ok with pre-cursors (although I wish we had more ways of getting them) but something feels wrong about selling a legendary. Doesn’t feel legendary at all.

I can see that side of things but I once knew a person that could not jump in video games it set off epilepsy. Now think if there are people like that playing this game, they will never be able to get vistas to get the gift of exploration. I think it gives people that may have a problem completing certain areas of the game needed for a legendary a chance to have a legendary as well.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

A fair point Jazz, sadly that isn’t the reason arena net has allowed them to be bought and sold.

On the other hand if you are unable to complete a certain part of the game that is required for the legendary then you don’t really deserve it. That sounds really harsh I know. :/

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keelan.7498

Keelan.7498

I think players should be allowed to buy legendaries if they really want to, considering the amount of gold that they cost is hard enough to get as it is.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

As I said in another thread, sold Frostfang for 2,200g (1870g after fees) just yesterday.

I was initially (and still am, somewhat) against legendaries being sellable on the TP but I am glad that I was able to sell Frostfang. I had a change of heart essentially. I wanted another legendary + my ranger needed an ascended axe so I put two and two together – but the skin doesn’t suit my ranger at all and after all that’s pretty much the main point of legendaries. So I sold it, and now I have enough $$$ to make any legendary I want (well, besides Eternity) instead.

I’ll probably think it through a bit better this time

ps. Oh the things I’d do if I could unsoulbind items. I have two legendaries that now get very little use, and a volcanus or two I’d love to replace with Sunrise/Twilight. Man, I wish I could sell my soulbound legendaries!

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

As I said in another thread, sold Frostfang for 2,200g (1870g after fees) just yesterday.

I was initially (and still am, somewhat) against legendaries being sellable on the TP but I am glad that I was able to sell Frostfang. I had a change of heart essentially. I wanted another legendary + my ranger needed an ascended axe so I put two and two together – but the skin doesn’t suit my ranger at all and after all that’s pretty much the main point of legendaries. So I sold it, and now I have enough $$$ to make any legendary I want (well, besides Eternity) instead.

ps. Oh the things I’d do if I could unsoulbind items. I have two legendaries that now get very little use, and a volcanus or two I’d love to replace with Sunrise/Twilight. Man, I wish I could sell my soulbound legendaries!

Mine was also a change of heart. I started making it for my character and decided against it.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If you could unbind legendaries they would drop in price by 30% or more because there are enough people like you. I am glad you cannot make items tradeable again.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

I’ve been saying this since the game came out, I agree completely. I think its very foolish that ascended weapons are account bound instead of their legendary counterparts.

Blows me away.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

Congratulations man. You are on your first steps to becoming a rich man. Now that you have the gold from your sold legendary, you can invest in other items and have ALOT more gold to spend than the average player. I sold Twilight ~ 4 months ago ( for about 1600g). Now I’m sitting at 3000g and have pretty much everything you could buy with gold. Make smart investments. Win the game.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I sold my first two. I kept my third legendary.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I sold my Kudzu for 2121g 21s 21c a few weeks back, and I used the proceeds to buy materials for Sunrise (which I crafted, not bought on the TP).

Why? Because I was going to use Kudzu and Dreamer on my Ranger, but when I realized that Kudzu’s arrows are close enough to the stock items to not matter, I bought an exotic longbow and was done with it. The longbow does so much more damage than the Dreamer that the extra bonus of using Kudzu is irrelevant.

Now, I have Twilight and Sunrise on my Guardian, and there is no sweet way that I will put them together as Eternity unless I am inclined to sell the result.

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I sold two Sunrises for 2500g each over the past month.

I have some 3.1 mil karma still which I plan on using when the new set of legendaries come out. Don’t like the current ones very much.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

most of you are either far more lucky than I, far better at time management, or far better at playing the TP game. lol

Sold my first legendary

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

A while ago I made kudzu for my ranger, but after making it I decided I wanted the coin more. ended up making ~800g profit.
Then I started collecting for another legendary to sell, planning to use the first one’s proceeds to make the second easier. But by the time I had all the non-buyable parts, I was wealthy enough that selling it wouldn’t of made a huge change, so I decided to use Sunrise instead. I’m glad I did that. In my opinion, the best part was how I made it: I borrowed my friend’s conduit and forged sunrise in the middle of a fight with scarlet (with the big zerg at the end of an invasion when those were popular).