Speculation on the future price of Orbs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Words.7538

Words.7538

I’ve been stockpiling everything recently in anticipation of ascended armours later this year, during which time I’ve acquired a large amount of Orbs, the current price of all of them barring ruby is around 2 silver, rubies are 8s.

So i’m just wondering what your thoughts are on where the price will go in future? I heard somewhere that legendary jewelry was on the cards at some point?

Indigo – – o

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

orbs seems to be a fairly safe investment at the moment because you can buy them at essentially merchant price (you might loose 5s-10s per stack selling back to a merch).

im not really sure what they will be used for in the future however

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I am not sure how A-net will make jeweler useful to max 500. Most players should have ascended trinkets. What will we look forward to if you max jeweler? The 500 jeweler craft may shock everyone and be very worthwhile or just be another way to get ascended trinket.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

Like froacus said, they’re a really safe investment with little loss potential and huge profit potential with Legendary trinkets and 500 Jewelcrafting coming out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Seems my secret investment area is now out in the open. So much for buying at rock bottom prices…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I am not sure how A-net will make jeweler useful to max 500. Most players should have ascended trinkets. What will we look forward to if you max jeweler? The 500 jeweler craft may shock everyone and be very worthwhile or just be another way to get ascended trinket.

Infusions.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Words.7538

it wouldn’t even be very expensive to buy a stack of each and just leave ’em in the bank, think I might just do that.

Indigo – – o

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Extremely low risk, high reward

http://i.imgur.com/BA9LKsRh.jpg

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

Credit to vol on this one. I wouldnt have even thought about orbs unless i had read about the risk/reward for em in a post vol made

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

I smile when I see this.

That’s how I used to play GW2. Then I realized I wasn’t playing GW2 at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I smile when I see this.

You mean standing in LA playing dress up and making fat stacks isn’t endgame? Not even being sarcastic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I smile when I see this.

You mean standing in LA playing dress up and making fat stacks isn’t endgame? Not even being sarcastic.

The Trading Post is the most balanced form of pvp right now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I laugh when i see 1000+ buy orders after topics like this. You just increase prices from nothing. Who said they will release legendary trinkets tomorrow? Just be patient and buy small amounts per day.

At this moment all just pay extra money and lose profit just because you want to be faster than that man. Don’t be so greedy and everyone will be happy.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

well, people still falling for old fliping trick though.
stock on at low price => make a topic to boost price double => sell all make profit => repeat or do same with other items.

cough*

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Thx for your thread bro.

Just made a nice X2 selling my orbs.

Could you please make a thread like this every weekend?

Thanks

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This isn’t the first time he’s told people to buy orbs either. It’s just the first time that I’ve seen the prices hiccup at all. It’ll probably go back down in a few days. The supply is still far greater than the demand.

Wouldn’t be a bad time to stock up on silver/gold as well (plat has already gone up from the other ascended crafting stuffs). My guess is that you’ll need 20 silver 10 gold 20 plat 50 mithril for the t7. Silver is stupid cheap and gold isn’t the most common of metals.

It’s best to get in on stuff long before it starts to go up in price… but my main problem is storage space right now. All this cloth is taking up so much space >.<

Play, I would love to know how you made double your money when the price has gone up all of what… 10-20c?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

It’s entirely possible that the few people who are spending the majority of their gaming time trading commodities on the trading post will realize one day that they’ve created their own little hamster wheel.

Although to be honest, I’m not really sure what carrot they’re chasing, if any.

(edited by Calae.1738)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aberrant.6749

It’s entirely possible that the few people who are spending the majority of their gaming time trading commodities on the trading post will realize one day that they’ve created their own little hamster wheel.

Gold->whatever we want.

I’m sure have more gold than they know what to do with though lol

Personally I do it so that things like ascended armor crafting will be paid for by the profits from investing in cloth early.

I’ll want to be able to make carrion stat jewelry, so I invested in orbs/t5 gems earlier as well. Might go for legendary jewelry if the effects are really cool. We’ll see though.

I would prefer to make gold off of the TP rather than farm nodes. But that’s just me. Some people enjoy gathering for what they need… and that’s totally fine too.

Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Calae.1738

Gold.

Gold is a means not an end.

If your argument is that gold can buy you anything in order to avoid you from spending time to “farm or grind” then what you are in fact chasing is not gold. It’s time.

I would definitely agree that most people would rather avoid grinding like a plague. I find that playing a trading post as a viable alternative is much less appealing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aberrant.6749

Gold.

Gold is a means not an end.

If your argument is that gold can buy you anything in order to avoid you from spending time to “farm or grind” then what you are in fact chasing is not gold. It’s time.

I would definitely agree that most people would rather avoid grinding like a plague. I find that playing a trading post as a viable alternative is much less appealing.

Time is money, friend.

Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

this is funny xD

cuz asc accessory craft will use these, but ? guild missions, laurels. Good way to bump up the prices, I hope you sold some.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Words.7538

This subtitle for thia forum should be: Black Lion Trading Company» Where the philosophers come to play.

In response to all the comments about the killing I must’ve made from this post…. don’t be so daft.

Indigo – – o

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

I’m sorry but if you’re going to sell your orb stock after orb prices in general have risen roughly 30c, you’re not making much. Emerald Orbs have risen 30c but if I were to sell them now I would only make about 70-80s per stack, which is horsekitten for a short/long-term investment. Orbs alone don’t trade often to warrant flipping. Maybe if we were talking about T6 mats, but not orbs.

Another very important note on orbs:
Now let’s say that Anet does come out with a recipe for orbs. You may think the market is flooded with supply to keep the prices down, and that’s fine (the majority of the true supply would be held in banks and inventory). It would probably take a week or two to consume through the true supply as people use them for crafting and they are permanently destroyed from the economy.

Now, what if we reach that point where we run out of supply of orbs that you can’t suppress the price by dumping your stock? When we reach that point, I bet the price will skyrocket up pretty fast. It will skyrocket up to AT LEAST 6s.

Why? Because the only reliable way to create supply of orbs is through crystal promotion. You need 5 incandescent + 2 crystals. 5 Dust at current prices is appx 4s. 2 crystals, at vendor price is 2s.

That’s why I’m investing in the risk-free crystals as well. Obtaining orbs is very difficult and time consuming, and I’m taking advantage of the fact that everyone is dumping ‘useless’ orbs even though they are extremely hard to get.

Once people catch on and realize that they are in fact valuable and hard to get, they will go towards more guaranteed (and expensive) ways of getting orbs.

And that will increase dust and crystals up past 6s.

And who knows what price it will really end up to.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

true this 10 chars

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nub.2391

well, thank to Vol topic on opal last time. i was able to unleash it at x2 price. stock at merchant price of around 2s and sold at 4s> ^__^.
so i’ll support u on this….Emerald thing, yep it will raise. buy now …plz

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think crystal is an obvious investment, if you can buy it cheaply. cheaply as in almost at vendor price. Some of the crystal which go up to 2.70 or 2.80 I just give up. The one that stay 2.30 or lower I still buy a few.

Not that it’ll go up, because people like to spread rumor it’ll go up. But if it don’t go up, just vendor them or resell and you won’t loss so much.

Besides if you use buy order and sell it using the normal way, it’ll recover the TP fee.

And you know they will introduce jewelcrafting to 500. And people like to spread rumor and bump the price up. So you can just wait and sell at that time.

The only uncertainty is to sell right away when any kind of market speculation happened or to wait longer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

well, thank to Vol topic on opal last time. i was able to unleash it at x2 price. stock at merchant price of around 2s and sold at 4s> ^__^.

Well to be fair the Opal rise in price wasn’t due to speculation, but due to the mislabeled tooltip

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Well to be fair the Opal rise in price wasn’t due to speculation, but due to the mislabeled tooltip

But you are infact trying to bump up item price by saying things in the forum arn’t you?

Because you only start talking about it after you stock up enough. And I doubt you’ll say anything if you are trying to buy more.

Because I sure wont’ say anything when I try to stock up items before people realize.

And just curious, what kind of gold does a big time trader like you have?

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

But you are infact trying to bump up item price by saying things in the forum arn’t you?

Because you only start talking about it after you stock up enough. And I doubt you’ll say anything if you are trying to buy more.

Because I sure wont’ say anything when I try to stock up items before people realize.

You can keep thinking that I’m trying to pump and dump – I have enough credibility on these forums.

I have 60g + +500g in assets in the bank. All my gold went to all my legendaries ever since the start of the game.

I’m playing less so I’m not farming anymore. All my gold comes from my investments now.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nub.2391

crystal is just an alternative of orb and you should buy and make immedietly.
otherwise, when the price raise hit, dust will go up which make crystal=> higher price also

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

You can keep thinking that I’m trying to pump and dump – I have enough credibility on these forums.

I have 60g + +500g in assets in the bank. All my gold went to all my legendaries ever since the start of the game.

I’m playing less so I’m not farming anymore. All my gold comes from my investments now.

ya I just give up on legendary. Have more money than I need.

I some how get the idea you probalby have like 10k+ gold or something. But I suppose legendary is where your money went.

I actually always thought of spreading rumors to bump up my investment myself. But the little amount of my moral hold me back.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

otherwise, when the price raise hit, dust will go up which make crystal=> higher price also

is it even worth promoting orb? dont’ look like it, unless you mean ruby.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

is it even worth promoting orb? dont’ look like it, unless you mean ruby.

With gems its actually called transmogrify, not promoting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

The increase in people tapping mithril/ori veins when ascended armor comes out is gonna cause a decent increase in the supply of orbs/crystals :\

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aberrant.6749

IMO more will be out hunting the cloth than metals… but there will be some increased supply from the armor smiths. I agree at some point the prices will drop back down before the ascended jewelcrafting comes though. I just put in some low buy orders and I’ll just leave them there. Not like there is any rush.

For those that want to wait longer… once there is an initial uptrend, I would watch the items that contain orbs (some rings, etc.). They’ll probably take a short while to catch up with their buy order prices and you could profit some off of it that way (no risk plus would net you some account MF and metal).

Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Most players should have ascended trinkets.

I doubt that very much. I don’t have all ascended trinkets even on my main despite playing a ton. I got the guild tokens ones, the amulet for the utility infusion, and that’s it. Don’t want to do fractals, and don’t want to blow my laurels. I can’t be alone in this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Just my main has 3 sets of ascended trinkets… I still have like 10 rings that i can pick stats on because they were MF and aren’t bound to anybody.

(edited by Player Character.9467)