Stone to Unbind Soulbound Items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

There are a at least a few expensive items that are soulbound on equip—one example, being the Infinite Gathering Tools. I can see the reason behind not making these items account-bound, but I think there should be a way to switch these items to new characters.

Introducing an “Unbind” Stone would solve this dilemma. The stone would revert all items to their previous unbound state, plus add a default “accountbound” property to prevent selling of used items.

It’s my guess that new themes of the infinite gathering tools will be released at some point in the future, so all the more reason people should be able to unbind the tools.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

+1 hell yes
great suggestion (that’s probably where this thread belongs)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

+1
for the accountbound part

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Well, as long as it satisfies two conditions:

1. Is “Account Bound” with “Soulbound on Use”
  2. Is decently expensive

Because it would be pretty kittened if you could buy an unbinding agent at a price significantly cheaper than buying another copy. Of course, that presents some issues with balancing the pricing, but I would think that the price should be based on the sales data, which is something the playerbase has no access to.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I got a soulbinded precursor that I’d like to sell though, remove the Account Bound part

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

+1 hell yes
great suggestion (that’s probably where this thread belongs)

I also made a thread in the Suggestion area, but it moves way too fast. I would be surprised if anyone had time to see it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

+1

15chars….