Stop Kicking Me Out Of Royal Terrace On Login

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saria.1460

Saria.1460

I love the idea of the royal terrace. I love the ease at which I can go from Bank to Trade Post to Mystic Forge and over to my crafting station. I like that it is an opt in system, that it provides nothing more than an improved convenience over Lions Arch which offers the same thing. So it’s actually an unnecessary extravagance in many respects.

Right now I’m flipping a lot of items, so the convenience of doing this in a confined space has halved the time running back and forth from the tp to the bank, or the MF that I spend in Lions Arch, not to mention the loading times.

But why oh why do I keep getting kicked every time I log out? I’m not even allowed to walk back in either. The tyrant of a bouncer/guard outside says no pass, no entry. I have a pass, an unlimited one, yet you won’t let me in. It’s like a bad night out when a bouncer turns you down even though your sober with the proper ID, just because he doesn’t like your shoes or something.

EDIT: I found this mid-typing so apologies for the repost’ish idea but it needs to be included on its own. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Collection-Missing-NPCs-in-the-Royal-Terrace/first#post3456439

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I agree. This is really annoying. I have the pass in my inventory. I obviously am allowed in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I learned to live with it but honestly. Might as well port to the bank in DR and log there. Easier passing it to the alts.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: basepi.9768

basepi.9768

+1. This and a trait reset NPC would make this place perfect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

If they had a inventory detection. Otherwise I think it’s more to prevent teleport/clipping hacks to allow non-buyers to get in without purchasing a pass. When you use the royal terrace pass it gets equipped as a bundle and takes you into the terrace. I think there is a 1 time check each time you are in that area, and if you have th pass at that time and remain in that area it allows you to stay. Each time you are detected it checks again.

[DONE]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aegis Formount.6082

Aegis Formount.6082

have the devs said anything about this? Alot of people have been asking for trait trainers and other things to be added to the terrace but I think of those as more of a bonus if they ever happen. I would really like to be able to remain in the terrace when I log out and put my pass in the bank in case I log in to a different character that I would like to carry the pass on. If I had known I needed a pass for each character I wouldn’t have bought one, the pass however says nothing about any scenario that leads to being kicked out of the terrace. Is there any way to make it check to see if the pass is in your bank? At the very least it seems silly that you get kicked out with the pass in your inventory…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Am I alone, who just feel humiliated by being kicked all the time? This pass is supposed to be elite and cool thing i can brag about. But this kicking makes me feel more like hobo, than elite customer.

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

+1. This and a trait reset NPC would make this place perfect.

Yes, it would make it perfect!

Also agree with OP, it needs to be fixed, I should not have to hold the pass in the hand to enter. Just check inventory. Its basic method.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xenolith.6154

Xenolith.6154

This is starting to get pretty tiresome, can’t we get the courtesy of not being thrown out on our kitten every time for 1000 gems?

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

That’s why I waypoint to the regular DR bank before logging. Actually I then jog over to the TP so when I log in I can pick up any coin/items and then use the Royal Pass.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Reax.1806

Reax.1806

I suport this idea, it’s annoying getting kicked out, +1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

As long as the pass is in your inventory, the RT should not be kicking us out! It should also remember your character placement. For example: If you log out in front of a crafting station, you should still be in front of that crafting station when you log back in!

I like the item a lot Anet (I bought two of them). Make this fix!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xenolith.6154

If they put this out for sale like this it probably means they don’t care too much about following up on it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Simple fix would be to have it in an archive like the Zenith weapon skins are, where you can get a copy for each of your characters. Hell, they could do this with other stuff too, how much would you love it if buying an infinite use tool or the salvage-o-matic meant you now had infinite copies to put on your characters, instead of having to swap them at the bank every time you logged in and out?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xenolith.6154

Or they could just not have us thrown out on our kitten every time we log in to the character in this specific place, but thanks for the derail.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kamui.3150

Sorry, derail wasn’t intended, just offering up alternate solutions. Am I right that it kicks you out even if the pass is in your character’s inventory on login, or is it only for characters that don’t have it directly in inventory?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Xenolith.6154

Why are you posting in this topic if you have no idea what it’s about? This isn’t a chat forum.

Edit: The pass is account bound but it only applies to one character, but if you log on after parking your character there you get booted right out, regardless of inventory.

(edited by Xenolith.6154)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kamui.3150

Primarily because the Royal Pass is an item that interests me, although I didn’t want to get any of the time-limited versions, nor did I want the infinite use one due to the issue stated in this thread, since I have 8 total characters. I like the idea of the Terrace itself, and would like for the Pass to be a viable purchase and easy to use no matter how many or few characters you have on your account.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaze.2084

Kaze.2084

Yea I agree with this, they alrdy fenced the stairs so non-ticket holder cant enter, theres rly no point of alts not being able to park here.

One and only reason an alt cannot park in the terrace is anet wants some people that cannot handle the kick will buy one for each alt to park in it. So much for baiting players with ‘account bound’.

If anet fixes this than ill take it that it was just a coding mistake, if not my former mentioned premises is the only one that stands true. Im glad i bought this through gold/gem exchange at least.

DO NOT BUY TICKET IF YOU PLAN ON PARKING CONVINIENCE IN THE TERRACE.

Edit: I plan reporting in a refund for 1000 gem (because i can find so many other things i can buy with this amount of gems) IF this issue is not fixed since there were no indication anywhere of being kicked after logout.

(edited by Kaze.2084)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Samuirai.4561

Samuirai.4561

I second. It’s super annoying. Devalues the permanent pass a lot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Just wanted to add my support to this thread, I recently bought the pass and was surprised that I couldn’t walk straight in passed the doorman, come on arenanet, this is unfinished work, we should be able to walk in at least.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Yea I agree with this, they alrdy fenced the stairs so non-ticket holder cant enter, theres rly no point of alts not being able to park here.

One and only reason an alt cannot park in the terrace is anet wants some people that cannot handle the kick will buy one for each alt to park in it. So much for baiting players with ‘account bound’.

If anet fixes this than ill take it that it was just a coding mistake, if not my former mentioned premises is the only one that stands true. Im glad i bought this through gold/gem exchange at least.

Edit: I plan reporting in a refund for 1000 gem (because i can find so many other things i can buy with this amount of gems) IF this issue is not fixed since there were no indication anywhere of being kicked after logout.

Aside from this being a necropost (make a new one and REFERENCE this one), there’s nothing wrong with the pass. It’s your own fault, and problem, for expecting to be able to log out inside an instanced area, and log back in the game and stay in it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zeibars.9781

zeibars.9781

+1
I bought a pass for each of my accounts and it really amazed me at how a convenience item inconveniences me so much, it really is ridiculous.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaze.2084

Kaze.2084

Aside from this being a necropost (make a new one and REFERENCE this one), there’s nothing wrong with the pass. It’s your own fault, and problem, for expecting to be able to log out inside an instanced area, and log back in the game and stay in it.

Yes it is my own fault getting suckered out of 1000gems, and anet has no one else to blame for a 1000gem refund but themselves that didnt even involve real money. If nobody expected this specific item to not bring out any dissatisfaction in the purchase then like mentioned before things werent thought through by both side due to misinformed and/or bad coding. Well we will see once any official annoucements are replied here or on the site, but Im just waiting to make a clear choice (keep it for the change or refund)

Also necropost is never my concern, coz if this forum is truly used for feedback by anet then I am only reopening old wounds for them to tend to with previous posts reflecting the problem that is echoed throughout the community. Multiple posts of the same complain is no different as same wound appearing in different places.
But thanks for helping me better clarify myself.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

And every single one of you miss the point I’m making. YOU CANNOT LOG OUT INSIDE OF AN INSTANCED ZONE AND LOG BACK INTO IT. Better? No? Lets give more details then. An instanced zone is a map zone in micro. If you’re the last person in it, or only person, and you log out, the game has zero reason to keep that zone in existence and collapses the zone to reclaim resources. You dont like being booted out when you log out? Deal with it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Except the Terrace isn’t an instanced zone since you can run out of the barrier with no load screen. You are in the Crown Plaza in DR just as if you WP there. It’s just that you need the pass “equipped” for you to pass through the gate, simply having it in your inventory doesn’t count.

As for the complainers, open your inventory and double click on it. Is it that much of a hassle to make a big thing about it? It doesn’t hopelessly break it since it acts as a “free” WP to DR with 98% of the services in one place with both a MF and gate to all cities. And being located in a city you can free WP to your instanced area as well as the few services that aren’t there.

It’s the best 1000 gems I’ve spent in the game, used several times during a play session and allows me faster, cheaper travel than short cutting though PvP to Lion’s Arch in it’s heyday.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

+1 Just make it when you use pass you get 60min buff to stay there so it will be easy for the game to read when you log in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Perhaps the worst aspect is that all your character is offered as a multiple choice answer is “X sorry”. After being literally kicked out of an area he/she/it paid to access by a moronic ironclad bouncer. With that pass in the inventory.

For the eternal alchemy! Can’t we at least tell him we’ll find out where he sleeps? Or perhaps one of those reproduction related colorful metaphors your language is so abundant with? -.-

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.