Stop putting skins in black lion chest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Seriously. STOP IT.
We paid your game. We want those skins, but we don’t want them to be a CRAPPY RNG BASED KITTEN!
SERIOUSLY. I would’ve bought at least 3-4 fused weapons skins, instead they put them into those stupid black lion chests with a ridiculously low chance of dropping (i opened +/- 15 of those from dropped keys and bough ones and got not even one), it sucks and nobody frigging like it.
We want stuff to be fair kitten it, personally, it’s the last time i buy anything on the gem store untill they start making stuff fair and whatnot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Using the fused weapons as an example. we will say roughly 3g per key… and we can give it a rough (and fairly high % if you ask me) of a 2% drop rate from the chest… Now I’m all for allowing the merchant to sell them straight for gold because then it also is acting as a gold sink… but if that merchant is selling for less than 150g each (3g x 50 attempts average to get your ticket) then I’m not a fan. The game needs gold sinks like this.. just let merchants sell the new skins for a couple hundred gold (because this is essentially what people are investing to acquire them) and completely remove the gold from the economy, and you can keep them in the RNG chest of doom there also so that people that want to play the lottery and pump more money into anets pockets can do that as well.

…just don’t make them cheap… the last thing this game needs is more cheap skins.

EDIT: also the above figures are just rough estimates using easily manipulated numbers to display my point that people are going to have to pay out their kitten to get something straight from a merchant that was previously RNG, though I do support that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Seriously. STOP IT.
We paid your game. We want those skins, but we don’t want them to be a CRAPPY RNG BASED KITTEN!
SERIOUSLY. I would’ve bought at least 3-4 fused weapons skins, instead they put them into those stupid black lion chests with a ridiculously low chance of dropping (i opened +/- 15 of those from dropped keys and bough ones and got not even one), it sucks and nobody frigging like it.
We want stuff to be fair kitten it, personally, it’s the last time i buy anything on the gem store untill they start making stuff fair and whatnot.

The fact that they keep bringing these RNG chests out just shows it’s working. People are addicted to chance. And that’s fair.

Also, just because you paid for your box doesn’t mean you are entitled for all new content changes in the game. Just be happy that Arenanet has the courtesy to give you a lot of the new content for free..

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Seriously. STOP IT.

Lol.

I thought the quota for BLTC/RNG rants for this week was already met.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)

Lol.

Does that tell us anything? One can only hope that there is need for fresh blood to continue the chest frenzy. If such fresh blood lacks perhaps the scale will tip towards not favouring RNG-chests.

Not holding my breath though

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

(…)

Lol.

Does that tell us anything? One can only hope that there is need for fresh blood to continue the chest frenzy. If such fresh blood lacks perhaps the scale will tip towards not favouring RNG-chests.

It tells me some people have horrible, or at least delusional, expectation management skills combined with a distinct ability to project blame for regretable (to them) decision making from themselves unto others.

No worries though, I doubt there is any shortage of these kind of people.

Definitely don’t hold your breath

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

(…)

Lol.

It tells us that there are people out there with unreasonable expectations and entitlement that they deserve everything to their benefit only, without consideration that NCSoft is a publicly traded company whose sole mandate is to satisfy investors.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Skins the BLT are okay as long as they can still be sold/purchased on the trading post.

i.e. Halloween skins. Not Fused skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlasiuS.8961

BlasiuS.8961

Seriously. STOP IT.

haha, the reason you want that skin so bad is because it’s highly prized.

Now, consider this question very carefully: Do you know why it’s highly prized?

Then, realize the answer: It’s only so highly prized because of how rare it is. People love having rare/sought after stuff.

If fused skins were cheap and easy to get, it wouldn’t be nearly as sought after, and there wouldn’t be nearly as many people shelling out $100-150 just for a ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Seriously. STOP IT.

haha, the reason you want that skin so bad is because it’s highly prized.

Now, consider this question very carefully: Do you know why it’s highly prized?

Then, realize the answer: It’s only so highly prized because of how rare it is. People love having rare/sought after stuff.

If fused skins were cheap and easy to get, it wouldn’t be nearly as sought after, and there wouldn’t be nearly as many people shelling out $100-150 just for a ticket.

I use this same argument for legendaries/precursors but there are people out there who proclaim that they like the skins cause they look nice, not cause they’re rare.

I’m sure they’ll feel the same once they see everyone and their mother carry a legendary.

I mean, there’s a reason why not many seasoned warriors/guardians carry around a Jotun Greatsword. Sure, it has a great ‘Ascalonian ghost’ effect that is better than all exotic greatswords out there but…the fact that you resort to a cheap skin that can be bought with 600 karma makes me think of you as cheap ;\

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

(…)

Lol.

It tells us that there are people out there with unreasonable expectations and entitlement that they deserve everything to their benefit only, without consideration that NCSoft is a publicly traded company whose sole mandate is to satisfy investors.

O’rly cuz you don’t think people would still buy stuff if they put it on the black lion trading right? As i said, i know more than one dude that would actually pay for AT LEAST 4-5 skins each time they put new ones, instead they don0’t even bother buying keys, and for a good reason.

Cuz it’s a stupid system, and who wastes 100$ on keys is mental, since they don’t realize they’re basically “GO ON WE LIKE THIS SYSTEM!”
:\

Jeez i don’t get you people, seems like you just like to hurt yourselves sometimes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Eh, I don’t mind the RNG on chest skins. It keeps them from being super common, so only the people who REALLY want them go for them. I guarantee that every weapon set that is released won’t be to your taste. The new eyeball weapons I think are great aside from ruining them with eyeballs and a Soul Edge theme. Not something I’d spend money on. I also really like that its now a token to get the skin you want vs random skin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

Eh, I don’t mind the RNG on chest skins. It keeps them from being super common, so only the people who REALLY want them go for them. I guarantee that every weapon set that is released won’t be to your taste. The new eyeball weapons I think are great aside from ruining them with eyeballs and a Soul Edge theme. Not something I’d spend money on. I also really like that its now a token to get the skin you want vs random skin.

You like to get scammed i guess then. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

Care to elaborate on how exactly it’s a “scam”?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

It’s no more a scam than a raffle or lottery.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Henge.3907

So you post a thread and then attack people for posting their opinions that don’t agree with yours?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Henge.3907

The problem with them selling nice looking skins in the trading post for a flat fee is EVERYONE will buy them if they look flashy enough, and I don’t want some common weapon that everyone else is using. Think about how many people use great swords for example. If they released the Greatsaw sword skin or the Fused sword skin as a straight purchase, 80% of the population would be running around with it and effectively killing its value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

So you post a thread and then attack people for posting their opinions that don’t agree with yours?

Not really. I mean, i really don’t care if their opinion is different. Everybody can think what they want after all no?

@Dude above: Really? That’s why you’re ok with that? To have flashy stuff that nobody else can get? So if like a skin you like would be used by a decent number of persons, you would like that skin less?

That’s the point, even another poster mistook my post for like desperate need of having those skins to be unique and prized. No. I don’t give a kitty about being unique or prized. I just like them. I would’ve honestly paid for those skins, who gives a french toast about others guys having it. It’s like…you guys seriously play to have just unque stuff over others? That reminds me the thread in crafting, a dude just got his legendary and wanted drops to be lower so others couldn’t have it… like if those skins aqtually make you more “prestigious” or “unique”: the only thing it shows it’s that you’ve been lucky enough to win their stupid lottery with skins, nothing more nothing less. :\

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Whether you like it or not, one of the cultural hallmarks of MMOs is that relative uniqueness is vastly more important to players, in general, than actual visual appeal. One’s personal status (they kittened out my original e-term) is measured based on rarity and value far more than how flashy something looks. MMO makers are, however, smart enough to meld the two more often than not to maximize their revenue.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Henge.3907

True story, I would like the skin less if everyone had it. I think they should increase the chance on their drop rates a bit, but it’s difficult to make your character stand out with the limited armor and weapon selections that are in the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I guess you have no idea how to set reasonable expectations then.

If you buy a wad of keys/chests expecting ANYTHING beyond some boosts, a few tonics, and maybe some guild rep discoveries and loose pocket change from coin bags you are doing it WRONG. All the super shiny, super RARE table entries are exactly that: rare.

Disappointment is the distance between poor expectations and reality. Reality ain’t gonna change for you, so set your sights accordingly.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

True story, I would like the skin less if everyone had it. I think they should increase the chance on their drop rates a bit, but it’s difficult to make your character stand out with the limited armor and weapon selections that are in the game.

News flash, you ain’t standing out any more with a fused weapon or a legendary. If i see you with a fused, i just say “lucky”, if i see you with a legendary i just say “goodforhimidon’tcare”
And it’s not true that it’s difficult to make your character stand out, if you need to have a legendary/fused to make your character stand out you aren’t just using the tools you’re given properly. There are some very cool armor and color combination, you can look totally kitten without having to win a lottery at their stupid chest game.

(edited by Air.3154)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

Whether you like it or not, one of the cultural hallmarks of MMOs is that relative uniqueness is vastly more important to players, in general, than actual visual appeal. One’s personal status (they kittened out my original e-term) is measured based on rarity and value far more than how flashy something looks. MMO makers are, however, smart enough to meld the two more often than not to maximize their revenue.

You see, what you say it’s partially true and whatnot. It’s just its a bit of a stab in the back buying their game and then having to be forced to spend a kitten lot of money to get ONE skin in the chest. While some other dude got one on their first try and prolly didn’t even want it. I’m ok with stuff being rare. Just make it so you have to work your kitten for it, not like fused and halloween skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

How is forcing you to do anything though?!

You yourself are forcing you and that really has nothing to do with the game or it’s mechanics.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

You yourself are forcing you and that really has nothing to do with the game or it’s mechanics.

If you want the skin you have to waste alot of money. That’s not fair, it’s not interesting and doesn’t make the skin any better aside that for some delusional guys out there.
Better rephrased like that?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Henge.3907

It took me 17 chests to get a fused ticket the first day of them coming out. I thought “oh sweet! I got one for only buying 15 keys!” Later I checked for forum and saw that people were having some pretty bad luck with them. The Halloween skins are an exception to the fused weapons because they are tradeable which I liked more because hey, if you’ve got crap luck you can hit the TP and buy one. I’m still undecided on which method I like better. The guarantee that you’ll get the skin you want if you get the ticket, or the ability to buy them after getting garbage. The truth of the whole thing though is to tempt people to spend money on them. A lot of people don’t and they convert their gold into gems, and if everyone did that, our game wouldn’t exist for much longer. If there’s a good skin that comes out that’s not trade able, I’m willing to spend a max of $50 to test my luck. If I don’t get what I want I move on. The weapon completes the theme for my thief, its not the sole reason I stand out. He’s wearing mixed armors between asuran t3 and inquest dyed abyss and gold with red straps. I’m working on the incinerator for him and the destroyer dagger is a bit lack luster. Then the fused were released and I decided that will be my other weapon. No one forced me to buy it but me. Arena Net needs money to survive and when their mediocre town clothes don’t pay the bills, gambling will for now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

If you want the skin you have to waste alot of money. That’s not fair, it’s not interesting and doesn’t make the skin any better aside that for some delusional guys out there.
Better rephrased like that?

But that’s not true.

You don’t HAVE to do anything. You do it because you want it. And how you go about it is up to you as well.
And yes some people are lucky and don’t need to spend a penny and others give up after trying and so on.
But like everyone, you can’t always get what you want.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Henge.3907

A Net should do a test though and put some weapon skins that look decent on the TP and see if they make more or less money than the chests. -edit- just realized that’s what they just did with Braham and Rox skins. We’ll have to see the results in the next big living story arc. If I were one of the people who wants to see skins for a flat fee, I would buy the Braham and Rox weapons, and a lot of them.

(edited by Henge.3907)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m likely going to pick up the Braham Shield for a character with a matching theme, but I couldn’t find a good use for the other three. They’re neat, just not for me.

The pricing on them seemed fine.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

. Arena Net needs money to survive and when their mediocre town clothes don’t pay the bills, gambling will for now.

In they actually did decent content and started placing good stuff on the black lion (e.g. a real lots and selection of weapons and armor for a limited time at 600 gem each for weapons and 800 per armor set), they wouldn’t need to fall as down as to rely on gambling.

But that’s it, i said what i had to, this system sucks balls, not gonna waste another € on this game till they start doing good stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

@Air: The thing is here it’s not about what only YOU value or feel makes one prestigious. It’s about what they value, and if they believe that having a skin that is unique while others aren’t able to easily obtain that skin then that is their view, it doesn’t have to be shared by you, nor do they have to share your view that it makes things less prestigious… because by definition prestige is “reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes.” favorable attributes include luck and if that’s what you consider people that have these things than they are actually inherently prestigious. And if someone needs something like that to toot their own horn to the public (and from personal experience from well over a decade of MMO gaming the greater majority of people do) then the designers are going to cater to those people because they represent the majority.

Also, considering my faux average for a ticket drop I will call 2% (which i consider pretty kitten high) it would take for 50 keys to pay 4,500 gems. If you’d rather them have you pay 4,500 gems per collectible weapon skin they release for blc to keep it at the same rarity value, and I’m sure they would do that as well (thats another ~55 dollars in their pocket each time garunteed), but then there would just be more kittening… either way, they’re gonna get their money and the majority of people are just gonna keep smiling and giving it to em.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

Point proven, people are stupid. GG, done with black lion for the time being.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

News flash, you ain’t standing out any more with a fused weapon or a legendary. If i see you with a fused, i just say “lucky”, if i see you with a legendary i just say “goodforhimidon’tcare”
And it’s not true that it’s difficult to make your character stand out, if you need to have a legendary/fused to make your character stand out you aren’t just using the tools you’re given properly. There are some very cool armor and color combination, you can look totally kitten without having to win a lottery at their stupid chest game.

Here’s the thing, though—you actually see characters with fused and legendary weapons. When I pass the bulk of people in LA, nothing about their weaponry catches my eye unless it’s a unique skin that actually stands out. There’s still a lot of room they can work with for armor, but for weaponry there’s very little they can do. How often do you walk by and go, “Oh, hey, that guy’s using a darksteel skin. Wonder if he crafted it or bought it”? I’m guessing you don’t, because there’s nothing visually drawing about the majority of the weapon skins in game. So, the mere fact that the visually unique weapons serve to draw your eyes, even if it’s just to curse the good fortune of the wielder, means that they’re serving their purpose; and that purpose gets diluted if everyone has one. . .

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

Uh no, i see them maybe for half a second, then they’re just again a simple no-one to me.
being unique in a game works for delusional people that actually thinks that those skin makes them stand out just cuz they’re either something incredibly kittenedly long to farm or require a bit of luck in the scam-like game of black lion chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucav.9547

Lucav.9547

I liked the look of some of the fused weapons and tried to get one, 50 keys later I am utterly disgusted with this system. I have supported this game monetarily through the gem store and have agreed with almost all of the decisions made, but these rng boxes are bullcrap and is something I expect of the garbage that is swtor, not from gw2 and arenanet. Let us buy these skins directly, or make them available on the ah like the Halloween skins, systems like this leave a bad impression on the players that have supported you thus far. In short, do not misunderstand my purchase of keys as support for this system because it has very likely soured me on purchasing anything from you ever again. Do not underestimate the power of consumer goodwill.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I agree. I purchased a lot of stuff, and would buy more if it was actually available. Things in the BLC do not count as available to me. I won’t buy RNG items. Sadly, there are people that do like to gamble and throw out a ton of money for useless crap with hopes for something big. As long as these guys bring in money through their gambling addicting, that long the RNGs will stay.
I am already happy for the guaranteed rewards in this games through the tokens. Could you imagine running an hourlong dungeon and only one person would be able to loot with a tiny chance on something good? That would be nasty =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

I honestly don’t think you guys have a problem with RNG.

If it had a 50% chance of dropping, I highly doubt any of these complaints threads would pop up. And yet that is RNG. Would you still have a problem with that? 99% chance of dropping? (Still RNG)

If it was guaranteed, but cost 5000 Gems, would you be perfectly fine with that?

I think most of you guys have a problem with its low availability. Anet decided to make these items “hard” to get. Basically, these complaints distill into “I want this thing easier,” instead of “I hate RNG.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

I honestly don’t think you guys have a problem with RNG.

If it had a 50% chance of dropping, I highly doubt any of these complaints threads would pop up. And yet that is RNG. Would you still have a problem with that? 99% chance of dropping? (Still RNG)

If it was guaranteed, but cost 5000 Gems, would you be perfectly fine with that?

I think most of you guys have a problem with its low availability. Anet decided to make these items “hard” to get. Basically, these complaints distill into “I want this thing easier,” instead of “I hate RNG.”

I want things easier my amazing, round bubbly rear. We proposed stuff in this thread (or in other countless threads) about having to work our butts for it, but you guys seems to not understand it: RNG sucks in general, let people work for stuff.
If you don’t understand it, cya.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Uh no, i see them maybe for half a second, then they’re just again a simple no-one to me.
being unique in a game works for delusional people that actually thinks that those skin makes them stand out just cuz they’re either something incredibly kittenedly long to farm or require a bit of luck in the scam-like game of black lion chests.

But again, do you see the people running around with blue weaponry for even half a second?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

I want things easier my amazing, round bubbly rear. We proposed stuff in this thread (or in other countless threads) about having to work our butts for it, but you guys seems to not understand it: RNG sucks in general, let people work for stuff. 

Lol. Ya. Brilliant. Just take a look at the glut of threads about precursor prices, lodestone drop rates, or T6 mats just for starters (don’t even get me started on dungeon difficulty). If what you say were the case, people being willing to “work their butts for it”, then they wouldn’t exist. But nope, just a bunch similar rants and whines to increase drop rates, or such.

Much respect to those silent players who play the game, and through time and effort eek out the rewards they deserve. Grats to those who knowingly take a chance on rng and beat the odds.

As for the trolls, who rant and rage and want the game changed according to their inadequacies due to their own ignorance, lack of understanding, sense of entitlement, and selfishness well, they’re good for a laugh.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

Lol. Ya. Brilliant. Just take a look at the glut of threads about precursor prices, lodestone drop rates, or T6 mats just for starters (don’t even get me started on dungeon difficulty). If what you say were the case, people being willing to “work their butts for it”, then they wouldn’t exist. But nope, just a bunch similar rants and whines to increase drop rates, or such.

Much respect to those silent players who play the game, and through time and effort eek out the rewards they deserve. Grats to those who knowingly take a chance on rng and beat the odds.

As for the trolls, who rant and rage and want the game changed according to their inadequacies due to their own ignorance, lack of understanding, sense of entitlement, and selfishness well, they’re good for a laugh.

Making people work to get something in a SAB fashion. Do you want me to be even MORE clear?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

Making people work to get something in a SAB fashion. Do you want me to be even MORE clear?

Actually, yes. Why don’t you provide us all with a little more clarity on just why ANet should abandon one of their more essential revenue generating mechanism?

They are already diluting their revenue (w/o seeing their financials) by allowing players the option of exchanging gold for gems. And given the appreciation in that exchange rate, a lot of players are making use of it.

Given the choice between ANet generating the revenue they need versus meeting the demands of a bunch of selfish, entitled and short-sighted people, who will most likely never be satisfied, it’s a no brainer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

There we go with entitlement, please go back again to play my little pony or smthing else.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

There we go with entitlement, please go back again to play my little pony or smthing else.

That’s how you provide clarity?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

No matter what i say, there’s always gonna be you fanboys whining about others and entitlement, and there’s gonna me rational guys that see their current anet politcs as bad. You heard other guys in the threads around, 270 chest per ONE ticket? come the kitten on. SO yeah that’s how i provide clarity. I already said what’s the solution would be: SAB like weapon, a wider much bigger selection of stuff on black lion chest, drop the stupid rng.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

No matter what i say, there’s always gonna be you fanboys whining about others and entitlement, and there’s gonna me rational guys that see their current anet politcs as bad. You heard other guys in the threads around, 270 chest per ONE ticket? come the kitten on. SO yeah that’s how i provide clarity. I already said what’s the solution would be: SAB like weapon, a wider much bigger selection of stuff on black lion chest, drop the stupid rng.

Ok. Rational isn’t exactly how I’d describe your posts -

So, following your suggestion, they should increase the selection of stuff on black lion chest. Fine. And how, then should it be determined exactly how the three reward items are returned from this larger pool?

So, in the same sentance, you say drop RNG, but increase the stuff a chest can drop (excecpt weapons skins which you singled out) without even hinting at how the outcome should be determined.

Offer up a well thought up solution rather then just spewing half-baked ideas and ranting, and readers can have something viable to consider.

And further, for what it’s worth, you still haven’t provided a reason why ANet should abandon this revenue source aside from “RNG is kitten”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Again, from everything you’ve said, you don’t seem have a problem with RNG, you have a problem with its level of difficulty obtaining it.

You haven’t answered my question from my previous post. Would you be still unhappy at RNG if BLT chests had a 99% chance to drop what you want?

And would you be happy with “working our butts off” if Anet gave you a ticket in exchange for turning in 300 BL keys?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mourningcry.9428

You heard other guys in the threads around, 270 chest per ONE ticket?

Maybe they should have stopped at 269 attempts, perhaps then they wouldn’t have been so upset? But then again, if they didn’t try just one more time they never would have gotten a ticket…

I don’t know whether to cheer for them, or cry for them.

But I do know that RNG is exactly that, random, which is why some lucky dudes got tickets on a minimal number of tries. I’ve never stated that RNG is favorable to the consumer. However, I will acknowledge, and defend, it as an inherently viable mechanic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Air.3154

Again, from everything you’ve said, you don’t seem have a problem with RNG, you have a problem with its level of difficulty obtaining it.

You haven’t answered my question from my previous post. Would you be still unhappy at RNG if BLT chests had a 99% chance to drop what you want?

And would you be happy with “working our butts off” if Anet gave you a ticket in exchange for turning in 300 BL keys?

99% chance? what’s the point then, make me buy it right away no?
1% as it is now? it’s just ridiculous.
Make it i dunno 33% or so :B

@Dudeaboveme: Fine, defend it and have fun doing so.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I like guaranteed returns. You work for it / pay for it then you get what you paid/worked for. RNG makes me feel cheated because in most cases you will get nothing/crap for it. In this game in particular, there have been made GREAT steps towards the right direction. You run a dungeon, you get tokens. After so and so many runs you are guaranteed the dungeon item you want. Same with FotM tokens and WvW. SAB went a middle way. They had the classical rare drops. But additionally you could just buy it with earned currency. That was perfect! F&F had a lot of specific drops that were hard to obtain, but at least tradable. Additionally we got guaranteed gauntlets if the content was completed.
The BLCs as of now are useless. They contain 99% crap I do not want. The boosts I rather buy directly to get the right ones. I can do that, so that’s perfectly fine. The Molten Weapons however… they are not low availability, they are UNavailable. No way to reliably get them. The tickets are untradable which was a very very bad decision. People who don’t like the styles get the weapons and can’t sell them, people who want them have no way of attaining them. Sounds like fun. The mining pick was obviously a huge selling success. Because you could actually buy it! I pay, I get what I paid for. It’s a good concept. There are people that have no fun in gambling, so at least make the gambling stuff tradable. The dyes are their own can of worms. Not going to adress this. At least I can buy the ones I want from the TP. Meh…