Stop putting skins in black lion chest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

I like it as is i cant seem to find any of them thing but hey just the luck of the draw.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Seriously. STOP IT.
We paid your game. We want those skins, but we don’t want them to be a CRAPPY RNG BASED KITTEN!
SERIOUSLY. I would’ve bought at least 3-4 fused weapons skins, instead they put them into those stupid black lion chests with a ridiculously low chance of dropping (i opened +/- 15 of those from dropped keys and bough ones and got not even one), it sucks and nobody frigging like it.
We want stuff to be fair kitten it, personally, it’s the last time i buy anything on the gem store untill they start making stuff fair and whatnot.

haha, the reason you want that skin so bad is because it’s highly prized.

Now, consider this question very carefully: Do you know why it’s highly prized?

Then, realize the answer: It’s only so highly prized because of how rare it is. People love having rare/sought after stuff.

If fused skins were cheap and easy to get, it wouldn’t be nearly as sought after, and there wouldn’t be nearly as many people shelling out $100-150 just for a ticket.

No, its high in demand because its such an awesome looking skin. A lot of people would love to have it and pay for the skin, but the BLC random system prevents most from even attempting to get it. It is an unnecessary barrier and hurdle to get something they should be selling straight out to people. The black lash is justified. This is a shady business practice and people are calling out on it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I don’t mind if they make these as long as each time they make a new set of in-game skins to get. I’m sick of all the rewards being OUT-OF-GAME.

Goals should be added to the GAME.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I don’t mind if they make these as long as each time they make a new set of in-game skins to get. I’m sick of all the rewards being OUT-OF-GAME.

Goals should be added to the GAME.

Kind of like Fused weapons → SAB?

or Halloween skins → Southsun skins?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Seriously. STOP IT.

Don’t worry, they put them into all new chests that you can buy at the TP. But they still can drop during this event, just not in the numbers you want or need.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ocgreg.3910

ocgreg.3910

Seriously. STOP IT.
We paid your game. We want those skins, but we don’t want them to be a CRAPPY RNG BASED KITTEN!
SERIOUSLY. I would’ve bought at least 3-4 fused weapons skins, instead they put them into those stupid black lion chests with a ridiculously low chance of dropping (i opened +/- 15 of those from dropped keys and bough ones and got not even one), it sucks and nobody frigging like it.
We want stuff to be fair kitten it, personally, it’s the last time i buy anything on the gem store untill they start making stuff fair and whatnot.

haha, the reason you want that skin so bad is because it’s highly prized.

Now, consider this question very carefully: Do you know why it’s highly prized?

Then, realize the answer: It’s only so highly prized because of how rare it is. People love having rare/sought after stuff.

If fused skins were cheap and easy to get, it wouldn’t be nearly as sought after, and there wouldn’t be nearly as many people shelling out $100-150 just for a ticket.

No, its high in demand because its such an awesome looking skin. A lot of people would love to have it and pay for the skin, but the BLC random system prevents most from even attempting to get it. It is an unnecessary barrier and hurdle to get something they should be selling straight out to people. The black lash is justified. This is a shady business practice and people are calling out on it.

Lol the back lash is understandable but really not justified. shady business, blah blah. Every game with an item mall type system operate on an RNG based gamble system for special items. THAT is why they are in high demand and because they look awesome. Its called having business sense. They know that people will want them otherwise they wouldnt have made it. And they know that they can make more money by selling 5 boxes than 2. As long as players feel the cost vs the risk is worth it (which people obviously do since they are buying them) then they are doing it right. If you have a problem with it then please go picket vegas because its the same thing.

The people crying about are probably the ones who cant afford the disposable income they are spending on a game and are justifying by complaining that the company is doing shady business. If you cant afford to gamble then dont gamble. It is not the house’s fault you lost, its your fault for playing.

I love the taste of interweb tears.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Those people who spend all the money on those boxes and keep spending all the money on the boxes even when they get nothing? Those guys pay for the game so I don’t have to :P

Just try not to let those “rare” items get to you. I just ignore them. If it gets to be where all the new stuff comes from those boxes I’ll just find something else to play. Until then I’ll play off the rich kids.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Just try not to let those “rare” items get to you. I just ignore them.

How does one ignore the chest burster warhorn?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

When I set my mind on getting a fused GS, I said I’d keep buying keys until I get a ticket. I got it after spending NZD$75 on keys.

Now I understand that RNG isn’t ‘fair’ in that someone who spends USD$1 on one key could get the same ticket that I paid NZD$75 for, and of course who would have wanted to be the guy who got the ticket for one dollar? The same complaint about RNG can apply to people who get precursors after using the mystic toilet once vs. the people who have thrown in 1000+ rares and got nothing.

But I don’t regret getting the fused GS. It does look nice, which is one thing, and I don’t see as many of them as I do Twilights and Sunrises and Eternities, which I’m sure is another factor people consider when they gamble. The truth of the matter is people won’t flock to buy it if everyone can easily obtain one; its perceived rarity contributes to its value. I wouldn’t have paid one dollar for it if everyone can get one for one dollar. And if they ever release a full set of weapon skins on the gem store for a fixed price, you’ll see that contrary to what you believe, after a few hundred people shell out 600 gems for a greatsword skin, no one else will when you see everyone running around with one.

The way I see it is, I’ve spent over a hundred dollars in gems and that’s sponsored the bug fixes, the world and profession polishings, the new content, the new quests and so on. I enjoy FotM and dungeons and I’d gladly spend even more on gems if there’s going to be more of them. As @Panda Shepard said, I’ve sponsored all the non-gem/gold-to-gem buyers so that ArenaNet doesn’t have to charge everyone a monthly subscription fee for their game. And I have a cool weapon and other cool skins I really really like to show for it.

To put it in perspective I spent a few hours vegetating in the office to pay for a weapon skin. People say hundreds of dollars in gems like it’s a big deal, but when you consider that you earn close to a hundred dollars in one workday, it’s honestly a small price to pay for something you’ll use for months down the line.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Meh again with this rarity/uniqueness stuff.

e-pen seems to be SO MUCH important these days instead of actually just caring about how kitten your character looks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quorum Of Four.6837

Quorum Of Four.6837

I too would have bought the weapon skins 3-4 had they not been RNG. In fact I bought the mace, shield, and quiver. I would of also bought a fused armor set.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I would have bought (more) gems to acquire two or three of the new skins; what I will not do is spend RL money on an in-game lottery.

So from this customer, ANet has lost £10-15 on this one promotion alone … let alone all the other events that have featured RNG chests.

My bank manager thanks you.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

To put it in perspective I spent a few hours vegetating in the office to pay for a weapon skin. People say hundreds of dollars in gems like it’s a big deal, but when you consider that you earn close to a hundred dollars in one workday, it’s honestly a small price to pay for something you’ll use for months down the line.

Sorry, but this is hilarious to me. I wouldn’t go into work for an extra day this week if my boss offered me a fused weapon ticket. You’d really feel well paid on your way home after that?

Bottom line is if they were sold straight up for gems, but at a price that conformed to their drop rate from the chests, it’d be right up there in black and white how much they’re gouging you for a bunch of pixels. Which is exactly why they don’t publish those drop rates, a bit of quick math would put any sensible person off them instantly.
Just let those who like to gamble pay for the game and work with what’s available.

Also I’m not entirely convinced by the “the rarity is why people want it” argument, but there’s an interesting comparison case now with the Southsun eye weapons. Similar method of acquisition though these crates will probably be dropping more than keys with so many people in Southsun, they also can’t be traded. Key difference is most of the eye weapons are pretty dumb looking, whereas the fused weapons definitely look cool to a lot of people. Personally I doubt will anyone will bother blowing hundreds of dollars to get a sword that blinks.

MAG

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

The SSCs are just not worth it. BLCs are end up being close to worth it becuase you get close to your money back in random consumables. However, SSCs are full of GARBAGE.

If the consolation prizes suck, I’m not gambling on these chests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I’ve never complained about a restaurant and went back. If you’ve bought keys, to open boxes you’re part of the problem. While I agree that skins shouldn’t be decided by pure luck, a lot about GW2 is about luck. If it works, keep doing it, that is what they’re doing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ephedrine.4521

Ephedrine.4521

I would’ve bought some of the fused skins for gems. Never going to buy a single key or crate though. Don’t feel like paying for crafting boosters and mats thanks.

I’ts not going to change, so long as some moron out there will buy 100 keys/crates to get a skin it’ll more than offset the lost business from people like me.

This moron learned a lesson i’ll never buy crate keys again lol ha sigh……..

The Ephed’s of [TanK]
-FSP-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Sorry, but this is hilarious to me. I wouldn’t go into work for an extra day this week if my boss offered me a fused weapon ticket. You’d really feel well paid on your way home after that?

Bottom line is if they were sold straight up for gems, but at a price that conformed to their drop rate from the chests, it’d be right up there in black and white how much they’re gouging you for a bunch of pixels. Which is exactly why they don’t publish those drop rates, a bit of quick math would put any sensible person off them instantly.
Just let those who like to gamble pay for the game and work with what’s available.

Also I’m not entirely convinced by the “the rarity is why people want it” argument, but there’s an interesting comparison case now with the Southsun eye weapons. Similar method of acquisition though these crates will probably be dropping more than keys with so many people in Southsun, they also can’t be traded. Key difference is most of the eye weapons are pretty dumb looking, whereas the fused weapons definitely look cool to a lot of people. Personally I doubt will anyone will bother blowing hundreds of dollars to get a sword that blinks.

To each their own. I have nothing else to spend the money on anyway. If I were skipping out on mortgage payments to buy keys then that’s clearly a problem, but my income is expendable and I’d probably pay the same amount of money for a pair of jeans I’d wear once or twice and never again. At least this weapon skin gets much more use.

If they were sold ‘straight up for gems’, less people would buy them. How many people do you see now running around with that Braham and Rox stuff? The fact that anyone can buy them for 600 gems will deter those who are of the OMG I’M A SPESHUL SNOWFLAEK mindset, and those are the people who are willing to spend all the gems to cover the handful of people who are like lolboycott. I’m sure most people would have bought maybe 5 keys, either with gems or gold, and decided that it was a stupid idea after not getting the ticket. You won’t get that kind of small transactions if you just sold the skins straight up.

The bottom line is that RNG earns ANet a lot more money than selling the skins on the gem store. RNG is why people will keep running content like Fractals, so that they can get the skins they want. RNG is why people will buy into the goldsink and pour thousands of rares and exotics down the Mystic Toilet. They’re not going to change RNG just because a handful of gamers find it ‘disgusting’ or ‘offensive’ or ‘exploitative’.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

you can blame the people that love to gamble for this. They are the ones spending all the cash to gamble, they are the reason these RNG boxes exist and are dominating in every cash shop in existence.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Seriously. STOP IT.

If people stop buying chests and buy straight stuff instead

They will simply put every single thing in chests: boosts, make up kits, etc etc etc

At which point, people will be forced to buy it anyway, and the top brass will be happy

If you think players make the MMO, you’re wrong, the money did.

in Black Lion Trading Co

binidj.5734

If people stop buying chests and buy straight stuff instead

They will simply put every single thing in chests: boosts, make up kits, etc etc etc

At which point, people will be forced to buy it anyway, and the top brass will be happy

If you think players make the MMO, you’re wrong, the money did.

You are mistaken. If people stop buying chests and stick with it then it won’t matter what they try to do, their profits from RNG will crash. We are not forced to buy anything, we choose to. How we choose to spend our money collectively can influence the game rather more than an individual member of the company.

The RNG crates are blatantly a money-making strategy, this strategy will only succeed if people fall for it. If it stops making money, they will stop doing it.

Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lianesse Modief.2683

Lianesse Modief.2683

I agree, stop. I bought a LOT of keys, because I really wanted 3 fused weapons in particular. I did not get a single claim ticket. So I am done. I am not gonna buy another thing from the gem shop. If you just had to put the claim ticket in the black lion chest the least you could have done was make the drop rate not so dam low.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I am against RNG account bound items, but I would have preferred they be made available via BLCs than the Consortium crates, or whatever they are. At least I have chests and keys. I spent 4+ hours in Southsun today and did not get a single crate drop. I’m definitely not buying them for gems.

I also haven’t seen a single player with the new weapon skins either. I never did understand the point of creating something that maybe 1% of your user base will ever end up getting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EvegodenRaven.5107

EvegodenRaven.5107

Here’s what I want to say about the Black Lion Chest….. I really do not like the chances of the chest having the skins at this low of a rate… here’s why I’m a little upset…
2 friends, 1 has about 11 keys already and buys 5 using the gold to gem system and gets a total of 16 keys. within those 16 keys he got 3 of the tickets for the molten weapons. another friend bought 5 keys in hopes of getting a perm item but ends up getting 1 ticket.

here’s my problem, I spent 50 bucks for keys and I make the difference to getting 5 keys pre 5 bucks. so 50 keys for the molten weapons. I open them all, I get nothing. all I get is a couple different name chances, hair changes, instant repairs ,etc…. when the karka event comes and I really want the single hand sword… I dropped 20 bucks I did not want to put down and put the difference in gold to get a solid 20 keys. and I still get nothing…..

how does that make sense that I spent over 50 bucks for these tickets and get nothing when 2 friends only spend like less then 6 bucks worth of gold and get more then 1 ticket? I would have gladly just spent the money to buy a skin instead of these stupid keys… I just feel a little cheated…

(edited by EvegodenRaven.5107)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

(…)

Lol.

I thought the quota for BLTC/RNG rants for this week was already met.

Does that tell us anything? One can only hope that there is need for fresh blood to continue the chest frenzy. If such fresh blood lacks perhaps the scale will tip towards not favouring RNG-chests.

Not holding my breath though

It tells me some people have horrible, or at least delusional, expectation management skills combined with a distinct ability to project blame for regretable (to them) decision making from themselves unto others.

No worries though, I doubt there is any shortage of these kind of people.

Definitely don’t hold your breath

Lol at the anet fanboi goon squad

There are so many problems with this game and it seems like most of time and energy is into putting terrible skins in gem store, then further anally plundering fanbase by making random chests thanks to you-know-who Cox

in Black Lion Trading Co

binidj.5734

I agree, stop. I bought a LOT of keys, because I really wanted 3 fused weapons in particular. I did not get a single claim ticket. So I am done. I am not gonna buy another thing from the gem shop. If you just had to put the claim ticket in the black lion chest the least you could have done was make the drop rate not so dam low.

That’s not what I’m saying at all.

Buy stuff from the Gem Store, just don’t buy anything that is RNG-based; so no crates/keys, etc. It is only if the non-RNG things (like Rox’s Quiver or the Quaggan Backpack) sell better than the RNG items that NCSoft/Nexon will stop pushing them so hard.

I want to support this game, and I do … but I don’t want to support a mechanism that makes me enjoy the game less.

Of course the sad truth is that there are still goons out there with more money than sense who will blow £100 on Southsun Chests and then complain that they didn’t get a weapon skin.

Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

where is the prestige in having a “rare” skin when the only way to obtain it is gamble?

a crate costs 150 gem, whats wrong with selling a scelerite token for 600 gems? that way you have a choice, you can “gamble” (which seems to be poison of choice) or go with the “safe bet” and pay more. would of been happy to buy fused tokens with gems (with real money) if i was given that choice. instead i am given shirts, and more shirts… and reused skins from november.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

where is the prestige in having a “rare” skin when the only way to obtain it is gamble?

a crate costs 150 gem, whats wrong with selling a scelerite token for 600 gems? that way you have a choice, you can “gamble” (which seems to be poison of choice) or go with the “safe bet” and pay more. would of been happy to buy fused tokens with gems (with real money) if i was given that choice. instead i am given shirts, and more shirts… and reused skins from november.

Except if the chance right now is only 5% then 3000 gems would be the “right” price and few would pay $37.50 for a game skin. It’ll be monocle-gate. If it’s “rare” then it needs to be rare, not something only players with lots of disposable income could simply buy, cause that’ll be unfair to the ramen noodle/Kraft Mac & Cheese crowd. It goes back to that rare foil card or limited edition palette swapped figure in a blind-box. It’s suppose to be a joyous surprise. If you could simply afford buying a case of cards or a crate of blind-boxes to shuck through to get that “rare” then it loses it’s specialness.

The devs not surprisingly mean that rare is actually rare, as in few, as in not everyone will come close to getting one. It’s a non-tradable, limited edition thing whose actual number available is dictated by probability, binomial theory and number of chests dropped or purchased during the event. It’s the only thing to keep “rare” rare.

Otherwise it’s merely a souvenir, “I participated in X and all I got was this lousy skin”.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes