Storm(meteorlogicus precursor)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

So as of yesterday storm, the precursor to meteorlogicus, has risen over 150 gold from 170 instant buy and 140g offers to 324g instant buy and offers as high as 262 gold. Do you think this price influx is due to the same people that inflated dawn/dusk/the legend or purely due to speculation from the screenshots that the legendary is possibly getting a rework? I am curious as to what people think will happen because the dawn/dusk/legend have all devalued since yet storm is still on the rise. Any input is helpful.

Attachments:

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’d go with evidence of FX re-work in the screenshot.

Oddly, I had a Storm drop (my first precursor drop) during an invasion in Sparkfly Den day before yesterday.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

it is likely getting reworked, just check those screen shots. By the Way, the minstrel the ugliest and poorest designed legendary it is a major candidate to be reworked too, i regret now not to buying some when they were at 40g

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Checking the trading history it looks as if either 20 were sold in the early hours last night or were pulled in hopes the value will shoot up.

http://www.guildwarstrade.com/item/29176-storm

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’ve been watching Storm for +6 months now, stocking up on as many as 4 Storms in anticipation that a graphical rework was due.

It took awhile, but the investment has finally paid off. I made between 150-200g per Storm and I would made more if I bought them out when they were under 100g.

I’m fairly confident that the new price is largely from speculators. The steady rise from 100g to around 150/170g was due to inflation as well as the 2nd-half preview by Colin awhile back.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Vol, do you think the precursor prices, for Storm, and other precursors will fall eventually?

As a player that hasn’t played from launch I feel very behind everyone else in terms of acquiring legendaries and whatnot, which is only a problem if I make it my problem.

I have 150 gold to my name, and no idea how to make it count.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Sadly I sold both my storms I was holding onto for just this occasion a week before this update since prices rose from deadeye inflation. Story of my life.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Vol, do you think the precursor prices, for Storm, and other precursors will fall eventually?

You kinda have to assume ALL of the precursor prices are going to plummet.

First, once there is a means to consistently craft them – no matter how onerous – those players who HATE the TP and fiscal PvP are out of the buyer pool, forever. Its not a rational calculation of which method takes more effort, its the sheer glee of saying “screw you, flippers!”

Then you have to consider that when they release a second wave of legendaries, many people will prefer the new shiny over the old dusty, and there’s another chunk of demand gone. It almost doesn’t matter if the new weapon is better or not (and odds are it will be for many, many weapon types).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

As a player that hasn’t played from launch I feel very behind everyone else in terms of acquiring legendaries and whatnot, which is only a problem if I make it my problem.

I have 150 gold to my name, and no idea how to make it count.

Yes, the old set of precursors will fall eventually. It’s contingent upon
a.) new legendaries
b.) precursor crafting
c.) scavenger hunt

New legendaries will more than likely push out the demand for old precursors. Precursor crafting and scavenger hunt both provide alternatives to buying/gambling for a precursor. However, I strongly believe Anet will not make these alternatives easy – they will be challenging enough that the average player would still consider the TP or forge as a viable route. Precursor prices will drop, but I don’t think they’ll crash hard.

We don’t know what will happen on Tuesday. We don’t know if precursor crafting will come out, or if new legendaries will be coming out. Luckily I will be in-game on patch day to be able to quickly react to any material news.

If precursor crafting and new legendaries come out on Tuesday, I will pretty much sell to the buy order ASAP

If not, I will hold on to Storm for a day to get the market acclimated to the redesigned Meteorologicus.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Thanks for answering my questions. I’m confident that they will drop so I won’t be as distraught. Now I’m more concerned that T6 mats and lodestones will become cheaper. I just hope that ascended armor wont be timed to disrupt the economy like the ascended weapon announcement kind of did.

Hmm, and the be perfectly honest, for many legendaries, including meteorlogicus with its new effects, I doubt that Anet can actually make more beautiful/cool/interesting new legendaries. For focus, rifle, and sword though, I think the new legendaries will be more interesting or sought after.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..