Suggestion: Blade Shards

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I think it would be nice if blade shards would become available to trade on the TP – maybe even after the current LS, just at some point.

I have been seeing a fair few posts from people not interested in making the spinal blades backpieces who are sitting on stacks of blade shards, while several others (like myself) for various reasons really want to make the back pieces but are very limited in terms of hours they can put in (eg work, my game crashes every session I can manage ever since the start of the last patch).

I am not asking for the backpieces to be tradeable (obviously, if they were, I would maybe exclude Ascended tier and only allow up to Exotic), just the shards needed to craft. I don’t think that would do anything but make a few people happy?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i dont like this “limited” Living Story curencys too

they should make a NPC where can change 1:1 living story curencys for others from living storys before

or make 1 universal currency (like living story coin or linvig story token ….) and use it in all this

edit:
and with this they could make a living story npc working like blacklion ticket npc and sell older recipes from past storys more expensive than they was before – so had people a chance to buy older recipes or items when they missed the living story (but have to work more than for it like 5x the price it was at release)

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think it was absolutely core to the design of this new gear that you GET INTO LIONS ARCH AND DO SOME HEROING to get the shiny. The blade backpacks are for heroes, not the shopping network.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrossedHorse.4261

Well, there are people who DO get into Lion’s Arch, but it’s hardly their fault if their server/client keeps crashing. Or they have really limited time to spend gaming, is it?

That’s why I asked about the shards though, not for the back piece itself to go on the TP – I have no issues taking time to construct the back piece or earning all the other parts in time. But the shards are only available during this 2 week update, so it seems fair that those who have nothing to use them for can sell them and make a few silver, and those who can’t can access them.

This isn’t a complaint, just a simple curiosity that would seem appropriate to ask in this case. I love the update.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Well, there are people who DO get into Lion’s Arch, but it’s hardly their fault if their server/client keeps crashing. Or they have really limited time to spend gaming, is it?

Crashing no. Limited time to spend is absolutely there fault though.

It’s time to wash away the mentality of “I want that item and I want it now” and either put the effort in to get it, or miss out.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrossedHorse.4261

It’s time to wash away the mentality of “I want that item and I want it now” and either put the effort in to get it, or miss out.

That would be mostly a fair argument, except it is absolutely not their fault they aren’t someone either unemployed or a student with a lot of time. If they weren’t willing to put the time in, sure, it’s their fault, but it’s not fair to say it’s their fault for having to go to work. Some of us have to put in long hours.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

That would be mostly a fair argument, except it is absolutely not their fault they aren’t someone either unemployed or a student with a lot of time. If they weren’t willing to put the time in, sure, it’s their fault, but it’s not fair to say it’s their fault for having to go to work. Some of us have to put in long hours.

The thing is it’s not really several hours grind. It’s a couple. While I agree things shouldn’t take ridiculous times items shouldn’t be aimed at 2 hour a week players, as they aren’t really the active playerbase are they?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I am not asking for the backpieces to be tradeable (obviously, if they were, I would maybe exclude Ascended tier and only allow up to Exotic), just the shards needed to craft. I don’t think that would do anything but make a few people happy?

If Spinal Blades were tradeable, which ingredient for the backpieces would not be tradeable?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrossedHorse.4261

Well, it would be nice in general for people on both sides of the equation, I would have thought. The people who do have the time can make a few silver by selling their blade shards, and the people who don’t can still buy some and craft a backpiece.

Like I said before, I like this patch, so there’s no complaint. If this never happened, I wouldn’t be QQ’ing about it saying how unfair it is and how everyone should have something for nothing. I just thought this would be a nice way for everyone to be happy.

Wanze, to answer your question, I guess all pieces would be tradeable, except the gift of blades required for making the backpiece Ascended if people wanted to do that. But I’m not sure I see anything much wrong with that. My point was that the finished backpieces themselves and the Ascended versions wouldn’t be tradeable, so people still need to craft the item (if you don’t have massive stores of iron at the moment, which some don’t, it’s still a very expensive piece to craft).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Need to be tradable.. I have Spinegurds for all characters I wanted them on, and still 7 extra stacks are cluttering my bank. I’m sure that there are players who will unintentionally miss the event and i’d be glad to sell mine to them. After all, event is great in itself and the BP is just a little something extra.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

You work for 16 or more hours EVERY SINGLE DAY of the week/fortnight/month/quarter/year? You have not even 1 hour of free time on ANY day?

I didn’t think so. If it was true, you’d change jobs or sue your employer.

I made the exotic backpiece after 2 runs (or was it 3? Let’s assume 3), and I had no idea what I was doing, each run is 45 minutes. Exotic is 425 blade shards total, ascended is an extra 500 shards, so you’re looking at 6 to 9 (9 being most, 6 or 7 being standard) runs to complete the shard requirement.

Assuming 9 runs, that’s 6 hours and 45 minutes of playing. You can’t find 45 minutes on 9 different days to play in a two week period? (or longer on weekends). Let’s say 7 runs, that’s 5 hours and 15 minutes over 2 weeks.

If you somehow can’t find 45 minutes to play on a couple of days… then… sorry, you missed out. But you aren’t missing out on anything necessary.

Everyone has jobs and other commitments, believe it or not.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrossedHorse.4261

You work for 16 or more hours EVERY SINGLE DAY of the week/fortnight/month/quarter/year? You have not even 1 hour of free time on ANY day?

I didn’t think so. If it was true, you’d change jobs or sue your employer.

I made the exotic backpiece after 2 runs (or was it 3? Let’s assume 3), and I had no idea what I was doing, each run is 45 minutes. Exotic is 425 blade shards total, ascended is an extra 500 shards, so you’re looking at 6 to 9 (9 being most, 6 or 7 being standard) runs to complete the shard requirement.

Assuming 9 runs, that’s 6 hours and 45 minutes of playing. You can’t find 45 minutes on 9 different days to play in a two week period? (or longer on weekends). Let’s say 7 runs, that’s 5 hours and 15 minutes over 2 weeks.

If you somehow can’t find 45 minutes to play on a couple of days… then… sorry, you missed out. But you aren’t missing out on anything necessary.

Everyone has jobs and other commitments, believe it or not.

There really is no need to be so aggressive or rude. And that’s great you managed to get to the exotic backpack in two runs – clearly I for some reason do not farm as quickly as you because I certainly did not get that far in two runs.

Like I KEEP saying, I am not making a QQ thread saying “oh I missed out, give me free stuff”. Not at all. If you properly go back and read what I’ve said and the suggestion, it is simply a nice way to give people who have lots of stacks a way to make a few silver, and people who haven’t another way to get to their backpiece.

You’ll also see that my client is crashing a lot as well, so a lot of time is wasted restarting, sending error reports and generally having FPS dropping down to about 5. Maybe that’s my computer (sure it’s not as it was completely fine running this game until the last update then stuff started going wrong), or whatever. Either way, that, restricted hours, other commitments etc, yes, that leads to not very long to play. I in no way suggested that people didn’t have anything else to do with their time. That is completely misreading the posts and also jumping down someone’s throat for no reason.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Stop arguing over stupid trivialities…

The point is, many people like myself now have stacks of these things that are just once again wasting space. Let us trade them or do SOMETHING with them…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I think it was absolutely core to the design of this new gear that you GET INTO LIONS ARCH AND DO SOME HEROING to get the shiny. The blade backpacks are for heroes, not the shopping network.

Meanwhile in Lornar’s…

Attachments:

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Black Lion Trading Co

dietzero.3514

Meanwhile in Lornar’s…

Make sure you heriocally destroy them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrossedHorse.4261

The point is, many people like myself now have stacks of these things that are just once again wasting space. Let us trade them or do SOMETHING with them…

I agree, the thread is a little off topic.

On topic:

There are two groups of people. One group has blade shards but does not want/need them. One group wants/needs blade shards but for whatever reasons does not have them.

Allowing them to be tradeable would fix the issue very nicely for both groups.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Meanwhile in Lornar’s…

Do you like live in LA? I only got 2 shards for the time I was in there.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I agree, the thread is a little off topic.

On topic:

There are two groups of people. One group has blade shards but does not want/need them. One group wants/needs blade shards but for whatever reasons does not have them.

Allowing them to be tradeable would fix the issue very nicely for both groups.

Except if they are a reward for playing the LS content. In which case you don’t play it, you don’t get any and no neat back piece for you.

Edit: One of these days I will remember to always quote when I reply to someone.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Tip for those with issues…guardian + staff + lots of 1 and 3 = at least 100-200 shards a run if you stick with the traders forum events… If you’re struggling to get shards give that a shot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I thought this was pretty funny… “the shopping network”.

I’m also overflowing in these and I’m rather baffled at those who are having trouble. I’ve heard the drop rate from the supply bags has been changed so that might contribute to the problem.

I’m at the point where I’m also destroying them. I’m getting roughly 100 bags per LA run. I use a staff ele so there’s lots of tags. I usually hang out were the Mystic Forge use to be as three events spawn often there. In addition there are some miasma events nearby east, west, north, and south.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Meanwhile in Lornar’s…

Do you like live in LA? I only got 2 shards for the time I was in there.

How many bags you opened? 3? Because I get like 10-15 each 2 bags at the very least. And you know some mobs drop up to 5 bags right?
I don’t live there, I barely spend two hours x day there, just because I want heirlooms. I will never want that rejected abomination on my characters’ back, so I would very prefer you got all of my shards and I got the 2. It was just to show how this system is actually ridiculous. For everyone who , like me, doesn’t want that backpack, these shards have less value than trash items. At least you can sell spikes & co for a few coppers at merch. -.-

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I personally would like it if I could sell the Blade Shards (making just one for my collection, don’t need any more as I’m not that big a fan of the look), so yes, I support the OP’s suggestion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

It’s kind of the same argument about bloodstone dust. Anet wants certain items to be account bound because they want you out there doing the content that they created and not just buying everything off the TP. I am all for the buying and selling of all items, including the shards, but I see it from anet’s perspective and see why they are doing it they way they do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I am pretty sure, if they were tradeable, they would be at 1c right now due to their droprate.

So we are arguing about 2.5s per item slot.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Give us something else to do with the blade shards other than the back please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Maybe they can let us merch them, in that case?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Well said.

I earned the crap out of both of mine, and the third which I will have on Tuesday.

in Black Lion Trading Co

dietzero.3514

Well said.

I earned the crap out of both of mine, and the third which I will have on Tuesday.

Lol…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Don’t you get the most amounts of blades if you play this event purposely wrong? Not sure what’s so heroic about that.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There should be other uses for these things besides the bladed backpieces. Let us use them for obsidian shards and level tomes as well and I’ll be as happy as a clam. I currently have over 15 stacks of them and fear getting rid of them because if I do, I can’t earn them back in the future if I do want the bladed backpiece down the road.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Don’t you get the most amounts of blades if you play this event purposely wrong? Not sure what’s so heroic about that.

I don’t get what you mean by this statement. How do you do the LS wrong?

You don’t want too many people at the miasma events or they scale so poorly they are unwinnable. The only other thing you can do is the defend events which is where most of the bags I get come from. If that is “doing it wrong”, I am not sure what you are suppose to do then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

dietzero.3514

I don’t get what you mean by this statement. How do you do the LS wrong?

You don’t want too many people at the miasma events or they scale so poorly they are unwinnable. The only other thing you can do is the defend events which is where most of the bags I get come from. If that is “doing it wrong”, I am not sure what you are suppose to do then.

Rescuing people is doing it right, and you get far less bags doing that.

Give us something to use all these stupid currencies on…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

Rescuing people I still came out with around 200 on my level 50 war I was leveling in LA. Probably because I cleared the road for them to run. I’ve got enough for the 2 backpacks I want to make now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

If Spinal Blades were tradeable, which ingredient for the backpieces would not be tradeable?

Why not have it all tradeable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Why not have it all tradeable?

Because people wouldnt have to participate in the LS anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489

Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489

OP really has a point. I can honestly say I’ve been farming LA, both doing events and rescuing citizens, and I’m pretty sure I have enough blade shards for 4-5 ascended backpacks, without logging into the client to check. I might create one for each Level 80 char just because they’re some of the cheapest ascended backpieces I’ve found so far.

However, here’s a thought. What if they become a crafting material after the LS? Like clockwork sprockets did. Then we get both a new set of stats for armour, gamers who missed out on this LS will be able to obtain them through TP unless they’re accountbound, and those who actually saved a bunch of blade shards won’t feel it was wasted inventory space. I for one will save a few spare stacks just in case. I don’t know Anet’s plans for them later on, but thought it was worth pointing out it has happened before.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

OP really has a point. I can honestly say I’ve been farming LA, both doing events and rescuing citizens, and I’m pretty sure I have enough blade shards for 4-5 ascended backpacks, without logging into the client to check. I might create one for each Level 80 char just because they’re some of the cheapest ascended backpieces I’ve found so far.

However, here’s a thought. What if they become a crafting material after the LS? Like clockwork sprockets did. Then we get both a new set of stats for armour, gamers who missed out on this LS will be able to obtain them through TP unless they’re accountbound, and those who actually saved a bunch of blade shards won’t feel it was wasted inventory space. I for one will save a few spare stacks just in case. I don’t know Anet’s plans for them later on, but thought it was worth pointing out it has happened before.

Sprockets were never account bound though.
Did you hold on to the leftover fragments from the Marionette event that you couldnt craft into cyphers?

I guess not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489

Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489

Sprockets were never account bound though.
Did you hold on to the leftover fragments from the Marionette event that you couldnt craft into cyphers?

I guess not.

You’re right about the sprockets, they weren’t accountbound. But yea, I still have the fragments from the Marionette event. Don’t know how long until I trash them though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sprockets never “became” crafting materials. They were always crafting materials. The patch that introduced them (Queen’s Jubilee) also introduced sigil and rune recipes that used them as an ingredient. Mind you, they were ALSO used as currency in that same patch, but they were always crafting materials as well.

I don’t think Anet will ever turn an item into a crafting material that isn’t already. They might add more recipes that use them, but I think they’ll always make them a crafting material right from the start if they ever intend for them to be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

The fact that the blueprints themselves are tradable suggests to me that ANet will either allow Blade Shards to become tradable in the future, or they’ll introduce alternate ways of getting the Shards even after the event is over. Don’t take this as gospel, but it just seems to me that considering that the Spinal Blades can take a long time for the casual player to complete (and as a wide-reaching gold and material sink), it would be wise for ANet to encourage newer players to try for them even after the LS is long over.

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrossedHorse.4261

I think we’ll get a node in our home instance like with every other new crafting material/currency LS thing we get. Can’t decide if that’s good or kittentill there will be plenty of people who won’t get the node if it’s a meta achievement for a LS arc or whatever. Frankly, I still think they should be tradeable, but it would be interesting to see what ANet have in store. The fact they aren’t tradeable now implies to me that you’re going to need an awful lot of them to make the ascended back pieces coloured.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MaxPower.3216

MaxPower.3216

I despise the look of the backpiece anyways – so the shards are pretty useless if I can’t sell them. So – I agree with OP – make such things tradeable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You still have 4days to farm LA for the mats even you dont craft it right away!!!

And having awesome skins you dont just buy in TP make it that more special (;