[Suggestion] Lama mini in the gemshop

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think you should put the lama miniature into the gemshop for 400-800 gems like you also did with the lama finisher. I (and probably many other miniature collectors) bought every gem shop miniature, even the cheaply reskinned ones for 5€ each. But with this miniature which is supposed to be exclusive to these pvp events, its no longer possible to have a complete miniature collection. Personally I have no interest taking part in such esport events despite being r80 in pvp without farming hotjoin/skyhammer.
But to give a fair warning: You will loose me as a miniature buyer if I have to take part in these events to keep my collection complete. There is no longer a use to spending a lot of money on buying every single of your overpriced miniatures if its no longer a possible goal for me to have a full collection. I guess this is the same for other collectors.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

IIRC, this wouldn’t the first mini to make a full collection impossible.

Thus, there is no reason to add it to the gem shop.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Mr._Sparkles

A complete collection is realistically only possible for someone who has played since launch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

No

This game needs to reward pvp players more.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A complete collection is realistically only possible for someone who has played since launch.

Mr. Sparkles was available in the Gem Store during the month of December of 2013 for anyone who bought 4000 gems in that month. If they added it once they can easily add it again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestina.2894

Mr. Sparkles was available in the Gem Store during the month of December of 2013 for anyone who bought 4000 gems in that month. If they added it once they can easily add it again.

But until they do, it’s impossible to get it.

So again, the lama does nothing that has not been done already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

OP, I’m in the same boat as you, although Anet doesn’t care about collectors like us.
So I recommend stop buying gems and let them see the consequences of making this decision.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

OP, I’m in the same boat as you, although Anet doesn’t care about collectors like us.
So I recommend stop buying gems and let them see the consequences of making this decision.

That will show them the errors of their ways.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Now they’ll listen! Because 10 people will stop buying gems!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Finally one unique PvP reward, Pver crying out again. Deal with it that you can’t get everything. We PvPers barely have anything that rewards us by playing, so don’t take this away.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZilentNight.5089

Finally one unique PvP reward, Pver crying out again. Deal with it that you can’t get everything. We PvPers barely have anything that rewards us by playing, so don’t take this away.

We Pvpers lol? What exactly makes you a Pvp player?
Never heard of your name in the pvp community.

Also there are way more than 10 collectors for mini, go do the math behind how much revenue has been generated by minis alone. That is quite significant.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Also there are way more than 10 collectors for mini, go do the math behind how much revenue has been generated by minis alone. That is quite significant.

Who cares that you don’t know me. Seeing your signature you spend alot time in PvE, getting legendaries and probably farmed skyhammer for your r80. Oh, wait, you can reach r80 in 2 weeks now.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Somehow I doubt any serious PvP player actually cares about a mini.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZilentNight.5089

Who cares that you don’t know me. Seeing your signature you spend alot time in PvE, getting legendaries and probably farmed skyhammer for your r80. Oh, wait, you can reach r80 in 2 weeks now.

I gained all my rank points by tpvp, but since you know all about skyhammer, Im guessing that is how you supposedly include your self part of the “pvp community”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Somehow I doubt any serious PvP player actually cares about a mini.

I’m not a super serious PvP player but I like to do some matches with guildies, and I do care about collecting the minis… Reason why I’ll try to get the llama on the tournament

cough Foostivoo Anet cough

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

You argued against putting the llama in the gem store by pointing out Mr Sparkles. I then commented he was in the gem store at one time. He may be currently unavailable but that doesn’t mean he always will be unavailable.

Using the logic of how they sold Mr Sparkles, the llama could be sold in the gem store for a month and again periodically.

A better argument against putting it in the gem store is that it’s by achievement and that selling an achievement reward in the gem store is inappropriate.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Celestina.2894

You argued against putting the llama in the gem store by pointing out Mr Sparkles. I then commented he was in the gem store at one time. He may be currently unavailable but that doesn’t mean he always will be unavailable.

Using the logic of how they sold Mr Sparkles, the llama could be sold in the gem store for a month and again periodically.

A better argument against putting it in the gem store is that it’s by achievement and that selling an achievement reward in the gem store is inappropriate.

Actually, my point was that this has been done before, that being we do have minis that make collecting all of them impossible and that the llama is nothing new. I myself couldn’t care less about the llama being in the gem shop or not, I simply pointed out that this isn’t the first mini to make a full collection impossible for most people.

So until Mr Sparkles returns or a sign of him being made available again shows up, a mini collection is impossible for anyone who did not get him through those fairly limited ways.

Also, Mr Sparkles was never actually in the gem shop. Instead he was a bonus for people who had purchased 4000 gems during a time frame or attended those events. He was a promotional item, essentially.

Another example is Foostivoo and the minis required to make him btw, while it is more likely to see another chance to obtain them, they oddly skipped Wintersday 2013 which implies they have or had no intention of bringing them back.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

There are several minis which havent been rereleased and are not tradeable (Christmas 2012 ones for example). That doesnt change the fact that I wont ever buy the gemshop minis again if I am forced to participate in these stupid esport dreams of anet to keep my collection complete. I will just trade my remaining 5k+ gems into gold and forget about the gem store forever, since there is nothing else I want in there anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Weren’t you complaining in the past that miniatures were too cheap and easy to get, OP?

While I don’t think it should be added to the gem store, I DO agree that players who have them should be allowed to sell them if they don’t want it. If I was a top PvP player who hated minis, why not let me sell it to a collector who hates PvP, but desperately wants the mini? He gets the mini, I get gold to buy stuff I want. We’re both happy, and players who feel upset that they no longer have “proof” of exclusivity, you can just point to your name in the winner’s records. Anybody who has the mini but isn’t in the record, obviously didn’t “earn” it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

I will just trade my remaining 5k+ gems into gold and forget about the gem store forever, since there is nothing else I want in there anyway.

I’m pretty sure A.Net already got enough money out of you.

GuildWars 2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

No

This game needs to reward pvp players more.

true
i totally agree

but nto by destroying everything for all miniature collectors

give pvp-players other unique rewards… skins for example

or change the ranks back to old system… that was better

or increase champion titles for 2 more tiers
500 wins and 1000 wins

but why would you want hundreds of other players unhappy just for something like this…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I will just trade my remaining 5k+ gems into gold and forget about the gem store forever, since there is nothing else I want in there anyway.

I’m pretty sure A.Net already got enough money out of you.

Well they could get a lot more out of me if they plan the game last for another few years, but it looks like they want to miss out.
And nice that you copied and faked my signature. You dont even have 20k achievement points, nice try

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I am exclusively a PvP player and I believe we are the least cared for gamemode and that we need exclusive rewards. But not a mini. I will just delete it when I get it, maybe store it but I doubt it. The mini means nothing to me and many others, and it also attracts a lot of non pvp players into the tournament, which will make my time easier…but at the same time doesn’t necessarily help the competition. But then again attracting people to PvP is another story.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I bet most pvpers wont care about the mini. You cannot even take them out during pvp matches (unless recently changed). I for one dont even know one pvp player who collects miniatures, back then (before the 50€ gems deal in dec 2013) I even bought a mr sparkles code from a pvp player because they did not care about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Any news on my suggestion?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I fear that, similar to the dolyak, this too will be made available to everyone. I hope though, and I say this not having this mini, that it will never, ever become available to anyone other than those who prove themselves worthy in a large tournament such as the one where it was given out as a reward.

Skill-based rewards are rare (practically non-existent) and sorely needed. Do not trivialize them by making them available to anyone with deep pockets. Some things you cannot buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZilentNight.5089

-snip- . Some things you cannot buy.

For everything else, there’s Master Card. =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Plus a permanent llama morph tonic, perhaps craftable at a hefty cost?

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I fear that, similar to the dolyak, this too will be made available to everyone. I hope though, and I say this not having this mini, that it will never, ever become available to anyone other than those who prove themselves worthy in a large tournament such as the one where it was given out as a reward.

Skill-based rewards are rare (practically non-existent) and sorely needed. Do not trivialize them by making them available to anyone with deep pockets. Some things you cannot buy.

Taking part in this tournament = skill? Its more about luck if you signed up and face another team who just wants the mini. Maybe winning it is skill, but not getting past the first round which is entirely luck since both good and bad teams are still there in the first round.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

still looking for an offical response

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

still looking for an offical response

Then you will be waiting for a very long time. There is rarely anything official ever coming from a dev onto this board. John Smith is answering broad questions about MMO economics but something like this, which should have been placed in the suggestion thread about what we would like to see in the Gem Shop, rather than it’s own thread.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hopefully they won’t add it to the Gem Store and if they do they should add it the same way as Mr. Sparkles.

The better way would be to add it to a reward track in PvP, which makes it obtainable by everyone, but still requires PvP to get.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Hopefully they won’t add it to the Gem Store and if they do they should add it the same way as Mr. Sparkles.

The better way would be to add it to a reward track in PvP, which makes it obtainable by everyone, but still requires PvP to get.

I would be fine with a pvp reward track, but that would probably be too easy?

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

Depends on how long the track is.

If the track would take twice or trice the amount of the regular tracks I would say it would be rather fair.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Or perhaps it’s a high level track that’s only unlocked after you’ve completed each of the other reward tracks once before?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

The way to acquire a Llama mini was released. I firmly believe that if you wanted one you should have taken the steps necessary to acquire it by set methods. So what if you don’t like to pvp. The way to get one was released. If you chose not to participate in that event then why should you get one? Why couldn’t teams of mini collectors band together to form teams to have a go at it? I also believe that at some point it will be released in the gem store. With everything in life that we want and need we must do what is asked of us to get it. Really indifferent about the whole thing to tell you the truth,, but they provided the way to get one. The rest was up to you.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

The way to acquire a Llama mini was released. I firmly believe that if you wanted one you should have taken the steps necessary to acquire it by set methods. So what if you don’t like to pvp. The way to get one was released. If you chose not to participate in that event then why should you get one? Why couldn’t teams of mini collectors band together to form teams to have a go at it? I also believe that at some point it will be released in the gem store. With everything in life that we want and need we must do what is asked of us to get it. Really indifferent about the whole thing to tell you the truth,, but they provided the way to get one. The rest was up to you.

Sorry I am not interested in taking part in eSports events for games which are far from esports ready
Maybe if they would do biweekly balance patches instead of once every 6 months.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

[/quote]Sorry I am not interested in taking part in eSports events for games which are far from esports ready
Maybe if they would do biweekly balance patches instead of once every 6 months.[/quote]

Which is why you are not getting one.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Sorry I am not interested in taking part in eSports events for games which are far from esports ready
Maybe if they would do biweekly balance patches instead of once every 6 months.

Which is why you are not getting one.

Which is why anet will loose me and possible others as their miniature customers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

lordkrall.7241

Which is why anet will loose me and possible others as their miniature customers.

So why are you still here after the Mr. Sparkles thing?
It took quite a long time after it was released at cons until it was made available (for a limited time no less) with the gem-deal.

Wouldn’t that have made you leave as well? Seeing as it is basically the exact same situation (as far as we know).

And what about the seasonal mini? What if you can’t play at a certain time, or simply started playing after they were gone forever?

This is not the first, nor will it be the last, time they have released limited available minis.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I bought a Mr Sparkles code for 300g back when it was tournament only

I heared the lama miniatures will be directly applied to your account via mail though

Its no problem for me not to miss any time limited miniatures. Got them all so far which costed a lot of $ if you add it up. Around 8000 gems for Wintersday 2012 alone from those RNG boxes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I agree. it should be in gem shop for he collectors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

I hope Anet is listening. I dont care if it costs 4000 gems or something

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

Have you bought the latest minipets in the store?

GuildWars 2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Someone pinged a Llama Mini in chat today, dunno if it’s actually in-game or not but it’s in there somewhere.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Qwerty Azerty.1790

Qwerty Azerty.1790

I don’t feel like buying the gemstore minis anymore if I can’t have the full collection.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I don’t feel like buying the gemstore minis anymore if I can’t have the full collection.

This sounds familiar. Sounds like mini Mr. Sparkles from a year ago.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Its pretty much the same situation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Not quite. The mini Mr Sparkles was only available if you were able to go to certain conventions, most of them in Europe, during a certain time period. The lama mini is obtained by playing in PvP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Not quite. The mini Mr Sparkles was only available if you were able to go to certain conventions, most of them in Europe, during a certain time period. The lama mini is obtained by playing in PvP.

The Mr Sparkles was given out at pvp events, too. I bought mine from a pvp player who won it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

The Mr Sparkles was given out at pvp events, too. I bought mine from a pvp player who won it.

Could it? Wiki makes no mention of earning through PvP.

The miniature can be attained by using a Gem Store code.
A German code card was given to attendees of the Community Meet and Greet party in Cologne at gamescom 2013.
An English code card was given to interview partners, interviewing the ArenaNet developers at gamescom 2013.
Anniversary Bash(1)
Purchasing 4000 gems total December 2013.1

(1)2013: Anniversary Bash
In celebration of the one year anniversary of the Guild Wars 2 launch, ArenaNet organized an event, the Anniversary Bash, during PAX 2013. Fans could attend to celebrate the anniversary with the developers, or to play the Super Adventure Box: Back to School release for the first time. ArenaNet also announced the Tequatl Rising release, showing off the revamped Tequatl the Sunless and the new LFG tool. Later, there was a developer panel and the finals of the Guild Wars 2 Invitational tournament. Players attending the event received a code for Mini Mr. Sparkles, a Guild Wars 2 backpack bag, and bandana."

Back 10 months ago when this happened there a were a number of threads about the mini Mr Sparkles. Such as this one, mr sparkles sold for $700. If you look it over you will see there is nothing about getting it in game by playing PvP. It was only available from game code cards or buying through eBay.

Perhaps you can link your source where it’s available from playing PvP. After all, that player could have gotten it from a code card and then sold it to you, claiming he got it from playing PvP.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)