[Suggestion] Reroll friendly BLTC items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Anvar.5673

Anvar.5673

Hello,

Here is some suggestions to make the game more reroll friendly with the gem store items.

In terms of account bound unlocks, there were a progress in a good way since the launch:
- Account bound unlimited tools instead of soulbound unlimited tools.
- Permanent Finishers
- Account unlock skins with Wardrobe
- Account dyes instead of soulbound dyes.

All of this is very good, but for me one major problem remain: I’m constrained to go to the bank when I want to make use of this convenience or fun items with an other character.
Result: I prefer to play with only one character instead of constantly switching and it is a pity.

Solutions:

- Add a special NPC at the Black Lion Trading Company or in the home instance for reclaim unlimited account bound gem store items (there is no flaw because it’s account bound).

- Create a “Black Lion Trading Company Wardrobe” for Gem Store items with some categories (Miniatures, Toys, Tools, Pass, etc, or simply: Services, Toys, etc).
An example for your sales representatives: empty slots from this wardrobe could be encourage players to buy more unlimited tools to vary.

Also, these solutions allow players to recover some items who were accidentally deleted (like the miniature Rytlock from the Digital Deluxe Upgrade for example).

Thanks for listening.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

“Add a special NPC at the Black Lion Trading Company or in the home instance for reclaim unlimited account bound gem store items (there is no flaw because it’s account bound).”

I assume here you are talking about the harvesting tools. I can see two flaws from ANet’s point of view.

1) If customers can buy one unlimited axe and then go to an NPC and get a copy for each of their chars, then why should they buy a second unlimited axe? (And yes, people do buy multiple unlimited harvesting tools, one for each char in some cases). So, loss of sales for ANet.

2) A second flaw from ANet’s point of view. If someone already has multiple unlimited axes and can now go to an NPC and get free axes, then they are going to demand refunds for all those multiple axes. This means either refunding all that money or have endless complaining on the forum about it.

As to deleted Mini Rytlocks, I’ve seen threads where they contacted support and got another.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Anvar.5673

“Add a special NPC at the Black Lion Trading Company or in the home instance for reclaim unlimited account bound gem store items (there is no flaw because it’s account bound).”

I assume here you are talking about the harvesting tools. I can see two flaws from ANet’s point of view.

1) If customers can buy one unlimited axe and then go to an NPC and get a copy for each of their chars, then why should they buy a second unlimited axe? (And yes, people do buy multiple unlimited harvesting tools, one for each char in some cases). So, loss of sales for ANet.

2) A second flaw from ANet’s point of view. If someone already has multiple unlimited axes and can now go to an NPC and get free axes, then they are going to demand refunds for all those multiple axes. This means either refunding all that money or have endless complaining on the forum about it.

As to deleted Mini Rytlocks, I’ve seen threads where they contacted support and got another.

1) They could buy another’s unlimited tools with another skins for vary, and honestly I don’t think that players buy unlimited tools for all of their characters since they are account bound.

2) There was already a refund here for english peoples and there was no problem as you can see here : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Infinite-Gathering-Tools-Some-Info-for-you
For me and my identical seven unlimited tools, the refund was refused by the french support without valuable reason but it’s another problem…

(edited by Anvar.5673)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Obviously as a buyer. You’ll want to buy once and have it for all characters.

But if you are the sales of Anet, I’m not sure you’ll do that.

I dont’ know the answer to it, obviously making things more useful will boost sells, but making it for all characters means people will be less reluctant to buy more than 1.

you bought 7 identical unlimited tools yourself. if you really meant to tell me you don’t think people’ll buy more than 1 for the convenience, I have nothing more to say.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Anvar.5673

you bought 7 identical unlimited tools yourself. if you really meant to tell me you don’t think people’ll buy more than 1 for the convenience, I have nothing more to say.

Yes, but I’ve done that because these items were soulbound. Never I would have thought that they will pass unlimited tools from soulbound to account bound one day.

Why they have made this items account bound ? I don’t think this is for the business but more for the convenience. They could be leave this items soulbound and the earning were more significant, but they didn’t do that. Why ?

But the real question is : why there isn’t more solidarity between players when a good suggestion is published on forums ? There is nothing negative in what I propose for players. I better understand why the game struggling to advance with the mentality here. No encouragements. Only negative reviews.

You defend your interests or what ? You’ve buy identical items and this suggestion makes you jealous ? Let talk the logic. These suggestions are only positive for our entire characters instead of one of them only.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yes, but I’ve done that because these items were soulbound. Never I would have thought that they will pass unlimited tools from soulbound to account bound one day.

Why they have made this items account bound ? I don’t think this is for the business but more for the convenience. They could be leave this items soulbound and the earning were more significant, but they didn’t do that. Why ?

But the real question is : why there isn’t more solidarity between players when a good suggestion is published on forums ? There is nothing negative in what I propose for players. I better understand why the game struggling to advance with the mentality here. No encouragements. Only negative reviews.

You defend your interests or what ? You’ve buy identical items and this suggestion makes you jealous ? Let talk the logic. These suggestions are only positive for our entire characters instead of one of them only.

Part of what makes a good suggestion is the the likelihood of ANet taking it up and adding it to the game. A suggestion that is wonderful for the players but is only negative for the company has low possibility of it being added.

Why should ANet add a feature that hurts their income? Any good suggestion has to consider this and make sure that it’s no worse than income neutral. Since your suggestion will hurt their income, this means it needs to be changed to account for this before it can be considered a good suggestion.

If you just want us to read and approve your suggestion, well it’s great. No drawbacks for the players.
If you want ANet to read and approve your suggestion, read yes, approve and put in, not likely. Too many economic drawbacks.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

Part of what makes a good suggestion is the the likelihood of ANet taking it up and adding it to the game. A suggestion that is wonderful for the players but is only negative for the company has low possibility of it being added.

Why should ANet add a feature that hurts their income? Any good suggestion has to consider this and make sure that it’s no worse than income neutral. Since your suggestion will hurt their income, this means it needs to be changed to account for this before it can be considered a good suggestion.

If you just want us to read and approve your suggestion, well it’s great. No drawbacks for the players.
If you want ANet to read and approve your suggestion, read yes, approve and put in, not likely. Too many economic drawbacks.

It would not necessarily hurt Anet’s income. Of course, some people who made multiple purchases for the convenience would want a refund… but think about the people like me, and everyone else who have a lot of alts who did not want to buy the unlimited harvesting tools before(because we have no “main”) would probably want to buy one since it unlocks on all our alts.
I wouldn’t know if it would be profitable for Anet, but it would be a huge boost in convenience