Suggestion for T3 Armors

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Starwind.1069

Starwind.1069

Make a gem store item that adds the flamekiss effect to all T3 armors for all races. I would wager a lot of dough that this type of item would sell faster then hotcakes(Pancakes ftw). Another idea, what about doing a Icekiss type effect as well. Could also make the flames dye-able so we could change the color of the fire or ice effect to our liking.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

I suggested the same thing, minus the dye change. so I will got ahead and +1 this.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

+1

And maybe not only for t3 but for every armor. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement a flame effect not tied to a specified armor but to a race, it could cause some glitches with few armor sets but in general would be a win win..

Gemstore item, ofc

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I would pay 5000 gems for a Norn t3 medium set that has nice flaming effects & can be dyed properly to vibrant colors.

~~ The idea to have a booster that only works on existing T3 pieces is excellent. ~~

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Starwind.1069

Starwind.1069

Just hope this actually gets looked at as my entire guild would pay out the butt for this type of booster lol. Since my guild almost always pays real cash for gems to show support for such an awesome game they would make atleast $1000 or more on just my little group probably more since i would spend about (if it was say about 20$ for a booster) $200. Now if it was $50 worth of gems for the booster it would cost me about $500 though that would mean i would have to buy them over the course of a few months since i can’t just drop $500 on a game in one month lol, but i assure you i would still pend that much on this type of booster for T3 armor.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sina.9208

Just hope this actually gets looked at as my entire guild would pay out the butt for this type of booster lol. Since my guild almost always pays real cash for gems to show support for such an awesome game they would make atleast $1000 or more on just my little group probably more since i would spend about (if it was say about 20$ for a booster) $200. Now if it was $50 worth of gems for the booster it would cost me about $500 though that would mean i would have to buy them over the course of a few months since i can’t just drop $500 on a game in one month lol, but i assure you i would still pend that much on this type of booster for T3 armor.

This would be extremely profitable for Anet, one set is already made too.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Let’s just move on from the flamekiss debacle and hopefully get some original new sets next time. We’ve got enough flames, we’ve got enough effects.

Perhaps make an effort to blend pieces in with existing sets. A lot of people mix and match, maybe the next heavy chest in the gem store will look good with the Orrian Legguards. Instead of selling whole sets why not make a bunch of pieces and let us put them together?

(edited by Shanks.2907)

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

While I loved the old Flamekissed set, the endgame of Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be horizontal progress, largely through aesthetics. The T3 cultural, at least financially, and for many players, represents the “pinnacle” of that for armour (legendaries for weapons).

Do we really want what would become the “Best in slot” aesthetic in a game focused on aesthetics to be in the gem store? Isn’t that, and I hate using this phrase given how often it is used, kind of the definition of Pay to Win?

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ehhh, no thanks. I like my T3 armor without fancy particle effects.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Yes please…. I have money willing to spend on this for all three of my families accounts.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sina.9208

Do we really want what would become the “Best in slot” aesthetic in a game focused on aesthetics to be in the gem store? Isn’t that, and I hate using this phrase given how often it is used, kind of the definition of Pay to Win?

T3 armor without headpiece (most of us don’t display those) = 100g = 800 gems. If T3 was really at the pinnacle of aesthetics no one would buy those gem store armors. How can a skin be best in slot, or how is this pay to win? Does it matter if you need to give the 100g to the npc or to just simply covert gold to gems?

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

It’d benefit ANet in many ways…

Either it’d decrease the amount of gold in the economy… Or people would buy gems to convert to gold for the T3 armor.

Marvelous idea.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Minos.5168

Just a thought… but maybe make it a Mystic Forge item too?

Require a Gem Store “fire” item (maybe 200 gems), Molten Lodestones, Globs of Dark Matter, and the T3 armor piece of your choosing.

The output could be a “Legendary” quality armor.

Everyone’s always complained how T3 armor was of Rare quality.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sina.9208

Either it’d decrease the amount of gold in the economy… Or people would buy gems to convert to gold for the T3 armor.

Marvelous idea.

This is about getting a flame kissed type of update available to all the existing T3 skins via the gem store .. :-P

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Minos.5168

Marvelous idea.

This is about getting a flame kissed type of update available to all the existing T3 skins via the gem store .. :-P

I understand that…

But I recall that a lot of outrage with Flamekissed was that it made Human’s T3 available to anyone for just 800 gems.

People were complaining that they’d spent 120 gold and it was now much cheaper.

From my perspective, ANet could just as easily add a Mystic Forge item to the Gem Store that you combine with the T3 armor…

That way you pay like 200 gems for a single MF item (or 800 gems for a set of 6)…

Then you buy each piece of T3 armor that you want.

For ANet, this would be pure win.
T3 still costs 120g.
T3 + Flames (or Ice) would then be 120g + 800 gems.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sina.9208

Marvelous idea.

I understand that…

But I recall that a lot of outrage with Flamekissed was that it made Human’s T3 available to anyone for just 800 gems.

People were complaining that they’d spent 120 gold and it was now much cheaper.

From my perspective, ANet could just as easily add a Mystic Forge item to the Gem Store that you combine with the T3 armor…

That way you pay like 200 gems for a single MF item (or 800 gems for a set of 6)…

Then you buy each piece of T3 armor that you want.

For ANet, this would be pure win.
T3 still costs 120g.
T3 + Flames (or Ice) would then be 120g + 800 gems.

Mostly the outrage was about non humans being able to wear their cultural armor I think.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And the price. $10 versus 100+g.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sina.9208

I don’t see how. Gold → Gem conversion makes them pretty much the same.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I don’t see how. Gold -> Gem conversion makes them pretty much the same.

You really haven’t looked have you?

$10 or 800 gems right now will get you about 60 gold. Back when Flamekissed first went on sale, after the spike it was 46+ gold. And if you converting gold to gems? Only 64+ gold was needed then. Both cases well short of the 119 gold for a T3 set.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I think we should keep the topic “Cultural Armors” completely out of the BLTC subforum.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SazRB.2894

SazRB.2894

yes! adding more effects on t3 armor is a good start.

-Jade Quarry-
Swiftflurry – Warrior | Iconiq Jae – Guardian
Shadow Saz – Thief | Do Ré Mí – Mesmer | Starcrusha – Elementalist

Suggestion for T3 Armors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Taking away the original flamekissed armor from people who bought it and giving it to the people that complained about it doesn’t seem like a positive direction.