Superior Rune of Strength

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Rune of Strength: The 4-piece bonus has had its might duration reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds for both the Major and Superior versions. The 6-piece bonus has had its damage bonus reduced from 7% to 5% while under the effect of might.

Sorry to everyone who owned any of these. It’ll probably go even lower in the coming hours.

edit: typo

Attachments:

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This makes me so happy. I had 2 just sitting around that I bought as a part of a fire/hoelbrak/strength might stacking runeset last year when I was a scrub, and I sold them a few weeks ago to make madz profitz

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s a good change, I just wished it wouldn’t hit the elementalist harder than any other profession using it. I mean, it’s not like we’re not relying on Rune of Battle or something…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

well, it didn’t jive with other rune sets. people knew it was the weird one by offering more than similar other ones. This update just brings it in line with those. Really, this update was just begging to happen. But there are lots of other things also begging to happen that haven’t happened, so it’s hard to predict what will happen :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Thinking a few days ago i was close to spend 90g on those runes, thx god i never bought them

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m glad I sold what I had before this.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m glad that I bought Devona’s armor set for my Warrior before the Wardrobe as my Berserker set and got a full set of Strength runes for free.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

What are players replacing it with? I see that it’s not as strong, thus less desirable, but is the difference enough that players are using something else?

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

Scholar and Pirate/Ogre are the most popular replacements, Hoelbrak too.

Doesn’t matter, the rune is still godlike and I’m keeping it on my ele. The nerf to the 4th bonus was nothing, I can stack so much might anyway. The 6th bonus 2% damage nerf is whatever, brings it in line with Rage runes, so I’m fine with that.

People are panicking because they saw nerf and thought it was useless now. Which is kind of good, because now they’re affordable. In fact, I’m willing to say our good friend John Smith was in charge of balancing these runes, just to bring them down in price without over nerfing them. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Doesn’t matter, the rune is still godlike and I’m keeping it on my ele. The nerf to the 4th bonus was nothing, I can stack so much might anyway. The 6th bonus 2% damage nerf is whatever, brings it in line with Rage runes, so I’m fine with that.

People are panicking because they saw nerf and thought it was useless now. Which is kind of good, because now they’re affordable. In fact, I’m willing to say our good friend John Smith was in charge of balancing these runes, just to bring them down in price without over nerfing them. :P

John is in charge of the economy, not balancing powers of runes. The drop in price is a result of the balance fix.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

John is in charge of the economy, not balancing powers of runes. The drop in price is a result of the balance fix.

You missed the joke…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

You missed the joke…

Nah I got the joke, but realize that there are a lot of people who don’t understand things, so you kinda gotta clarify for their sake. We don’t want the uninformed blaming John for everything… even though they already do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

meanwhile flame legion is still 7% and only costs 6 silver

cough

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

How many did you buy? ^^

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

To be fair, I always thought they were 5% anyway.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

cough

except foes are burning 1/5 as often as you can maintain a single might stack. So str would be more average damage: 7/5 vs. 5/1 = 1.4% vs. 5%

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

cough

except foes are burning 1/5 as often as you can maintain a single might stack. So str would be more average damage: 7/5 vs. 5/1 = 1.4% vs. 5%

1/5th as often? If you have a guardian and an ele in your party, then most mobs should be burning almost all the time.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..