T5 and T6 mats crashing?

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solidbeatz.8571

Solidbeatz.8571

I noticed their prices are crashing overnight.

Do you guys think they will recover, because i already paid alot for the tp listing fee since 48 hours ago.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

The Pavilion is opening back up, and last year it gave a huge amount of materials (6 and 5)

It will probably take a while to recover if the Pavilion is the exact same thing with same drop rate.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solidbeatz.8571

Oh man, so i just lost a kitten load of gold because anet decided to recycle a massive farm event. Great, just great.

Thanks for the answer though.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Oh man, so i just lost a kitten load of gold because anet decided to recycle a massive farm event. Great, just great.

You didn’t lose any gold. Just wait until the event is gone. Also, everyone was panick selling their t6 mats, price won’t go too much down.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You didn’t lose any gold. Just wait until the event is gone. Also, everyone was panick selling their t6 mats, price won’t go too much down.

Why wouldnt the price go further down, once the event starts and new supply comes in?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Speculators…

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Pure speculation based on what people read here. Lots of people who weren’t there last year and didn’t bother to research properly believing misinformation on the trading post forum. At least, that’s the only explanation I can come up with.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Pure speculation based on what people read here. Lots of people who weren’t there last year and didn’t bother to research properly believing misinformation on the trading post forum. At least, that’s the only explanation I can come up with.

Which misinformation?

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Yeah, what misinformation? Skimming through the BLTC front page forum, this is the only thread containing a topic about t5-6 prices and the Pavilion.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I saw posts in the popcorn thread about it. T5 and t6 CLAWS drop in the Pavilion, nothing else, at least as far as I recall. Yet totems crashed yesterday, and claws barely moved.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

And last Halloween event the Grinning Shield dropped all over the place. The price of that thing just fell through the floor, through the basement, and landed somewhere below the septic tank.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

You are quite possibly in the same position as the people who sold unidentified dyes at 35s, only to see them rise to 80s. A month later they don’t feel so bad about things. Speculations of this sort are wrong as often as not.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Even if it WERE all t5/6 mats; the event is temporary.Panic selling at its finest.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I hardly call a 10% drop in T6 prices as “crashing”. But supply is going up and I think that’s because T6 is now clearly the best conversion of Laurels to Gold since they raised the price of UniDye by 10×.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solidbeatz.8571

I hardly call a 10% drop in T6 prices as “crashing”. But supply is going up and I think that’s because T6 is now clearly the best conversion of Laurels to Gold since they raised the price of UniDye by 10×.

It is when you got a very large batch of items on the tp, just to find out prices have dropped more then 1 silver per item.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I saw posts in the popcorn thread about it. T5 and t6 CLAWS drop in the Pavilion, nothing else, at least as far as I recall. Yet totems crashed yesterday, and claws barely moved.

Thanks for this bit of misinformation. This is a good example to do your research properly, if you want to be successful on the tp.

Totems drop from the Embroidered Sattlebag from the Centaur Section, the Guilded Strongbox from the Destroyer Section, the Embroidered Coin Purse form the Bandit and Pirate Section. They might also drop from the Elaborate Ritualist Bag from the Flame Legion Section and the Oversize Rucksack from the Ogre Section.

Not enough potential drops for you?

What about the Heavy bags of Supplies for the regular Centaur Mobs and Heavy Ritual Bags from the Flame Legion?
And thats only 2 Heavy Bags i know out of the top of my head that drop t6 totems.

Granted, no one knows how the Pavilion will look like this time around but concluding from last years events, i dont see a reason, why Totems wont crash as well.
If I hadnt sold all my t6 fine mats and Lodestones right after the feature patch for 40-50s, i definately would have done it right now. I will just buy them back in 2 weeks time.

The only thing that might delay t5 mats crashing is the fact that precursors are still expensive. Its still hard to say, if the general demand spike for precursors is over or not. If precursors prices dont go down, demand for t5 mats might still be higher than supply, but i doubt it.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

The crash in t6 didnt happen yet ( i agree, 10% drop isnt a crash). But the general loss of value for t6 since the announcement is a good indicator of people dropping their stocks or at least pulling buy orders.

Personally i doubt that t6 Aquisition with Laurels has a big impact on overall supply.
How much does it give you, 3 per day if you convert your daily Laurel plus an extra 30 for your monthly? I get more every day from regular drops and lootbags per day.

I think a very little percentage of the player base actually uses its Laurels to turn into gold. I might be a bit biased here because, as you know, i am not exactly struggling to get new gold but i have far better uses for Laurels.
For me Laurels are the real time gate for acquiring Ascended gear, be it for the recipes for the armor or infusions.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

It is when you got a very large batch of items on the tp, just to find out prices have dropped more then 1 silver per item.

Someday I will get into the habit of reading the OP and not just the title.

So 24 hour dip?

Using GW2Spidy’s 24hr moving average. Last day.

Ancient Bone: 35.61s to 35.19s
Vicious Claw: 36.92s – 37.10s
Crystalline Dust: 17.75s – 17.87s
Vicious Fang: 34.85s – 34.76s
Armored Scale: 38.54s – 40.40s
Elaborate Totem: 26.04s – 27.97s
Powerful Venom Sac: 31.36s – 32.37s
Powerful Blood: 45.17s – 45.79s

Yeah, that’s a huge dropoff there, NOT. You do realize the price fluctuates quite a bit daily right?

It’s likely you looked after someone sold to highest bidder more mats than the bidder was looking to buy which drops the low sale price to the previous high bid for the remainder.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solidbeatz.8571

So 24 hour dip?

Yeah, that’s a huge dropoff there, NOT. You do realize the price fluctuates quite a bit daily right?

It’s likely you looked after someone sold to highest bidder more mats than the bidder was looking to buy which drops the low sale price to the previous high bid for the remainder.

I am aiming for t5, and the prices dropped quite alot for the item i got on the TP because of this.

Maybe it’s not crashing in the normal terms, but that sudden drop was still happening.
Right now it seems like it stopped and it rised a little bit. If it didnt, i would lose 100s of gold for even putting stuff on the TP, so a 10% difference is ALOT.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Another reason why Totems lost more value than Claws is because its supply is just way higher than Claws. If you check spidy, you will realize that the highest supply of t6 totems was 140k (huge supply spike between Dec and Jan, not sure why, might have been bots) while claws never went over 30k.

How does this affect prices?
Well, t6 mats are in general a popular item to trade in and everybody has some in the collectors tab. And on average, everybody has more t6 totems than claws, which makes that market way more volatile, so price changes appear faster.

Why are there more totems than claws?
Because demand is higher. Assassins gear (claws) is much more popular than Clerics (Totems) and the same goes for infusions, precise infusions are way more popular than healing infusions (most people opt for either vit or Toughness for defensive infusions).

The next big sink for t6 fine mats (apart from crafting legendaries, where demand is the same for claws and totems) are forged ascended backpieces and exotic weapons.
Forged backpieces are still the cheapest in terms of gold (apart from the fractal backpiece, which requires alot of account bound mats instead) compared to Shadow of Grenth/Light of Dwayna or the Spinal Blade Backpiece.

And guess what? There are no weapons or backpieces from the forge that require 250 totems. However, you need 250 claws to forge the Stygian Blade and Quiver of a thousand Arrows/Yakkingtons Tale, which are the most popular backpieces becasue they allow you to choose your stats when binding them. ( the only other t6 fine mat that isnt required in forging asc backpieces are venom sacs, which explains why its the 2nd cheapest t6 mat, disregarding dust, which is mostly influenced by the price of ectos).

TLDR: T6 Totems are way more volatile because their supply is higher and their demand lower, compared to other mats. Its prices are way more influenced by speculation than other t6 mats.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So 24 hour dip?

I am aiming for t5, and the prices dropped quite alot for the item i got on the TP because of this.

Maybe it’s not crashing in the normal terms, but that sudden drop was still happening.
Right now it seems like it stopped and it rised a little bit. If it didnt, i would lose 100s of gold for even putting stuff on the TP, so a 10% difference is ALOT.

To lose 100s of gold by a 10% drop on t5 mats means you are listing 1000s of gold worth of t5 mats. Flipping t5 mats was never profitable so you were speculating with these mats, i guess. Anticipating price shifts is a big part of speculating, so this time, you just lost out.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solidbeatz.8571

So 24 hour dip?

To lose 100s of gold by a 10% drop on t5 mats means you are listing 1000s of gold worth of t5 mats. Flipping t5 mats was never profitable so you were speculating with these mats, i guess. Anticipating price shifts is a big part of speculating, so this time, you just lost out.

Again, i never said i am flipping mats. Dont assume something. Asking will get you further, like i did with this topic.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So 24 hour dip?

Again, i never said i am flipping mats. Dont assume something. Asking will get you further, like i did with this topic.

Well, how did you manage to acquire at least 1000g worth of t5 mats without buying them on the tp?
And as you havent replied to me directly in this topic yet, i wonder what your “Again” is based on.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Well, how did you manage to acquire at least 1000g worth of t5 mats without buying them on the tp?

While it’s not 1000g, I sold ~200g of T5 immediately after announcement which I earned from no more than 3 months of dungeons for me (and I haven’t been opening champ bags, I’ve saved them). It’s very real he has 1000g if he has been collecting for months on end, but in essence that practically is speculation.

The only thing that might delay t5 mats crashing is the fact that precursors are still expensive. Its still hard to say, if the general demand spike for precursors is over or not. If precursors prices dont go down, demand for t5 mats might still be higher than supply, but i doubt it.

Which do you think is more likely – If T5 does go down, precursors will too as rares will be cheaper to craft so players get more “attempts” in the forge for the same cost. Or will T5 not budge, because more players will want precursors due to a crash in T6 materials, thus a cheaper Gift of Fortune?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

While it’s not 1000g, I sold ~200g of T5 immediately after announcement which I earned from no more than 3 months of dungeons for me (and I haven’t been opening champ bags, I’ve saved them). It’s very real he has 1000g if he has been collecting for months on end, but in essence that practically is speculation.

Which do you think is more likely – If T5 does go down, precursors will too as rares will be cheaper to craft so players get more “attempts” in the forge for the same cost. Or will T5 not budge, because more players will want precursors due to a crash in T6 materials, thus a cheaper Gift of Fortune?

If I should hazard a guess, I would say both will go down at different pace because they are so much connected to each other. However, t5 mats will be a direct drop (from mobs or though champ bags/heavy bags), so their price will fall faster due to the fact that forging a precursor usually takes some time. A professional forger will buy t5 mats at a certain price until he gets a precursor and sell it (to the highest bid). This usually takes a day or at least 12 hours, usually involving putting in buy orders for t5 mats overnight, collecting the next morning, then forging and selling the precursor to get new funds to buy more t5 mats for the next precursor. By that time, prices for t5 mats and precursors will have fallen considerably.

But due to the delay between buying t5 mats and cashing in on the precursor, t5 prices will fall faster.

Edit: Just to make clear, even though I am an avid TP Player, i usually dont trade in t5/6 fine mats or precursors because i think their prices are way too stable (except t6 totems, which are the only ones i bought for speculation profits) to make a decent profit over time. As i mentioned, i sold my t6 mats after the feature patch but those were mats that i obtained through loot drops and i only sold them because i abandoned my pursuit of Bolt because its price spiked too much for my opinion.
I always inteded to buy those t6 mats back, once the initial surge for precursors and legendaries after the feature patch would vanish. If I would buy them back now, i would have made 20% profit, so thats fair enough for me for a month. However, the announcement of the pavilion coming back made me wait another 2 weeks before buying them back again, as i am sure, they will drop another 25-30%.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Pav drops alot of molten lodestones :p

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Pav drops alot of molten lodestones :p

Again, this is a very basic observation. Molten (and Onyx, iirc) Lodestones might have been the most obvious Lodestone Drops from last years pavilion but that is just because they drop directly from endgame flame legion and Centaurs, which are races that were included as mobs in one of the pavilion sections. However, Charged Lodestones for example, dropped quite heavily indirectly through resplendid watchwork boxes and various heavy lootbags that dropped from mobs inside the pavilion.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Are we even sure they are the same mobs from last year?

Anyway, I remember that blood actually went UP in price. Claws tanked though, because everyone destroyer farmed.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Are we even sure they are the same mobs from last year?

Anyway, I remember that blood actually went UP in price. Claws tanked though, because everyone destroyer farmed.

OF course we cant be sure that it will be the same mobs as last year but is it likely?
I, for once, think its rather likely that we will get the same mobs.

Blood also took an initial dip but not as hard as other t6 fine and rare mats. Blood definately dropped from the pavillion via heavy and champ loot bags but not as excessive as other mats. Its also the most in demand t6 mat, due to zerker stats and it being an ingredient in 2 legendary gifts and plenty of exsclusive exotic skin weapons and backpacks. So its demand was right up there with supply.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I think price will crash pretty hard if it’s the same event as last year.

The destroyer farm wasn’t THAT prevalent towards the end simply because only a few servers had the population to support it (eg. SoS had no one in the crown pav near the end of the event) but with the Megaservers there will be a farm train there 24/7.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

The destroyer farm wasn’t THAT prevalent towards the end simply because only a few servers had the population to support it (eg. SoS had no one in the crown pav near the end of the event) but with the Megaservers there will be a farm train there 24/7.

That. With emphasis on the note IF it is the same event it was last year, especially loot-wise (remember the candy corn…).

I’m happy about any change, as the TP seems a bit stale recently.
But maybe that is just the products I’m in the market for.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solidbeatz.8571

So 24 hour dip?

And as you havent replied to me directly in this topic yet, i wonder what your “Again” is based on.

I won’t tell what i flip, but remember that putting stuff on the TP taks 15% of the price, and prices of mats don’t affect mats only, but alot of items. So that’s why i made this topic, to ask if they would recover, and what was causing the sudden drop. So 15% x2 (if i had to relist) plus the loss of 10% is alot.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

I won’t tell what i flip, but remember that putting stuff on the TP taks 15% of the price, and prices of mats don’t affect mats only, but alot of items. So that’s why i made this topic, to ask if they would recover, and what was causing the sudden drop. So 15% x2 (if i had to relist) plus the loss of 10% is alot.

The listing fee is 5% of the price, not 15%. There is an additional 10% fee when the item sells, for a total of 15%. But if you cancel an unsold listing there is no 10% fee because, well, the item didn’t sell.

If you list an item and it sells, you end up paying 15% in fees. If you list an item, cancel it, relist it at a slightly lower price and it sells, you pay approximately 20% in fees. Every unsold listing that you cancel costs 5% of the amount you listed at.

Unless you drop the price by a huge amount (like accidentally listing something at 1500g, cancelling it and relisting at 150g) the final percentage of the sale price you pay should be pretty close to (number of listings) x 5 + 10.

If you list at something close to the market price of an item, you shouldn’t need to constantly cancel and relist, that’s just impatience and it’s your own fault that you’re wasting your money doing it. Activity of players and demand for most items shifts throughout the day, and throughout the week, if you don’t get too greedy or get into it at the wrong end of a spike in demand due to hype, items should sell fairly quickly if you just list them and leave them alone.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Asking didnt bring me any further now, did it? tolunart already pointed out your math flaws and if dont even know the difference between a listing fee and sales tax, then come moaning on the forums about huge losses that you make, i think you deserve them.

Good luck forging precursors or whatever you are doing.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solidbeatz.8571

The listing fee is 5% of the price, not 15%. There is an additional 10% fee when the item sells, for a total of 15%. But if you cancel an unsold listing there is no 10% fee because, well, the item didn’t sell.

If you list an item and it sells, you end up paying 15% in fees. If you list an item, cancel it, relist it at a slightly lower price and it sells, you pay approximately 20% in fees. Every unsold listing that you cancel costs 5% of the amount you listed at.

Unless you drop the price by a huge amount (like accidentally listing something at 1500g, cancelling it and relisting at 150g) the final percentage of the sale price you pay should be pretty close to (number of listings) x 5 + 10.

If you list at something close to the market price of an item, you shouldn’t need to constantly cancel and relist, that’s just impatience and it’s your own fault that you’re wasting your money doing it. Activity of players and demand for most items shifts throughout the day, and throughout the week, if you don’t get too greedy or get into it at the wrong end of a spike in demand due to hype, items should sell fairly quickly if you just list them and leave them alone.

Thanks for pointing that out. It’s not impatience, it’s because of a sudden drop in price, why i came to the forum and asked what was going on, and if it would recover.
Right now, it’s still more then two silver below the listed price of 48 hours ago.
Anyway, i see that the drop stopped and started rising a bit since i made this topic.

Asking didnt bring me any further now, did it? tolunart already pointed out your math flaws and if dont even know the difference between a listing fee and sales tax, then come moaning on the forums about huge losses that you make, i think you deserve them.

Good luck forging precursors or whatever you are doing.

I already gave you answer, i do not flip mats.
I never had to relist items with this much gold involved, thats why i thought it all gets eaten by TP if you list it.
Anyway, i was pointing out that with a high volume of items, a 10% or more in a few days, is alot.
Why would you even respond in this topic if you think i deserve it, instead of posting with an additude.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Get back to EB.

Everyone was farming Scarlet invasions and not the destroyers at the end.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I already gave you answer, i do not flip mats.
I never had to relist items with this much gold involved, thats why i thought it all gets eaten by TP if you list it.
Anyway, i was pointing out that with a high volume of items, a 10% or more in a few days, is alot.
Why would you even respond in this topic if you think i deserve it, instead of posting with an additude.

You said you were aiming for t5 mats in a prior post and I also mentioned that flipping t5 mats cant be what youre doing due to the miniscule spread.

You made this topic and asked about whats going on with t5 and t6 mats and i gave you me detailed opinion about. In the end, you say, its about something completely different that needs t5 mats and that you are listing on the tp at an expensive price and relist now.

Then you tell me i shouldnt assume things and rather ask and when i did that, you didnt tell me. So who has the attitude here?

Whatever you are doing with t5 mats, be it precursor forging, trading in rare inscriptions or promoting them to t6, there are always more market forces involved than just the t5 prices. And as long as you dont want to tell us, what this is really about, you will only get opinions based on assumptions.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I invested a ton of gold (nearly 400) in powerful venom sacs. It was the first market that gave me a good amount of gold per flip (5G per stack – 20G a day), so I … well … I spent nearly half my gold on it, just to see prices crashing from 42 silver to around 34-35 silver atm.
With my other gold invested in some blc weapons, other T6 mats and some other things I won’t mention – I’m really really out of gold atm and I definitely won’t repeat that mistake.

Well – only question for you more experienced traders – is it just because of the upcoming event (even though I don’t think that anything there will drop T6 venom sacs) or will the price stay there for some months?

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I invested a ton of gold (nearly 400) in powerful venom sacs. It was the first market that gave me a good amount of gold per flip (5G per stack – 20G a day), so I … well … I spent nearly half my gold on it, just to see prices crashing from 42 silver to around 34-35 silver atm.
With my other gold invested in some blc weapons, other T6 mats and some other things I won’t mention – I’m really really out of gold atm and I definitely won’t repeat that mistake.

Well – only question for you more experienced traders – is it just because of the upcoming event (even though I don’t think that anything there will drop T6 venom sacs) or will the price stay there for some months?

Powerful Venom Sacs also arent used in forging ascended backpacks, no other legendarys gift than the gift of magic, rampager stats and malign infusions also arent very popular and there is only one exotic focus that requires venom sacs.
The last spike we had on venom sacs, was when the wardrobe came out so its safe to say that the demand came from the gift of magic. Everybody started buying precursors and forging legendaries.

That demand seems to be over and next week comes a big influx of new supplies.

Powerful Venom Sacs dropped from several heavy and champ bags last year.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thanathos.2063

x_x

Would you suggest waiting until the event is over, or selling now before the price drops even more?

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

x_x

Would you suggest waiting until the event is over, or selling now before the price drops even more?

i sold all mine now and will buy them back, once they go down in price.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Thanathos.2063

Alright… the same goes for ancient bones? They dropped even more from ~45 to ~35 silver recently…

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Alright… the same goes for ancient bones? They dropped even more from ~45 to ~35 silver recently…

All t5/6 fine and rare mats, so also cores and lodestones.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Took advantage of the price drop to buy up a small amount of T6 mats for my 400+ crafting.

Also, isn’t it Destroyer Lodestones that drop from the Pavilion, not Molten? If so, we can expect a possible price drop for Destroyer/Primodus weapons too.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

You would thing that mat prices dropping would be a good thing? I looked at the fine (Bone, Scale, Claw, etc) T5 and T6 today on GW2Spidy and two things stick out.

First, most prices are bouncing back and second, at the lowest in the dip, prices were about the same as a month ago. That means prices inflated for most of the month and the dip coincided with a spike in supply, which makes sense.

Why the price uptick? Don’t know. Maybe players thinking China would be getting on our TP stocked up and once it became clear that wasn’t the case dumped their hoard?

I enjoy watching these market moves. Watching speculation balloons pop. So how’s that cornering of the dye market working out for some?

RIP City of Heroes

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

You would thing that mat prices dropping would be a good thing? I looked at the fine (Bone, Scale, Claw, etc) T5 and T6 today on GW2Spidy and two things stick out.

First, most prices are bouncing back and second, at the lowest in the dip, prices were about the same as a month ago. That means prices inflated for most of the month and the dip coincided with a spike in supply, which makes sense.

Why the price uptick? Don’t know. Maybe players thinking China would be getting on our TP stocked up and once it became clear that wasn’t the case dumped their hoard?

I enjoy watching these market moves. Watching speculation balloons pop. So how’s that cornering of the dye market working out for some?

Well, the price uptick in t5 mats came from rising precursor prices after the wardrobe went live. The small dip last week came because people dumped their supplies in anticipation of new supply influx with the pavilion. The t6 demand (and uptick) also resulted from more precursors being bought and crafted into leggies.

However, i did some more research on that matter because especially t5 will be interesting to watch. Its closely related to precursor prices because forging them is the prime sink for t5 mats, while t6 have more uses than just crafting legendaries.

Last year when the pavilion came around, most t5 mats took a 50% dip in value because the influx of new supply was so high and we expect the same this year.

But what we didnt take into account yet is that last years jubilee was the patch that introduced champ bags (which is a big supply faucet of t5/6 mats).

Coming into this years pavilion we already have champ bags, so the supply shock might not be as high as generally anticipated.

So last year everybody went from 0 to X champ bags per day, while this year everybody will go from Y to X champ bags per day because right now we already produce champ bags on a daily basis. So the question is, if the pavilion will create so much more bags that it will affect the supply considrably or not.

T5 and T6 mats crashing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m thinking the “Rebuild Lions Arch” portion of this festival event(s) is going to be used to “correct” some of the material oversupply in the market. Unsure exactly how it will work and what effect (if any) it will have on the materials market.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances