T6 mats skyrocketing

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

So today I spent around 2 hours farming to make some good so I can start buying my t6 mats to start working on my legendary. Imagine my surprise when I went to buy powerful blood with the good that I made, and discovered that Powerful blood is now up to 30!! (thirty) silver a pop?? That’s more expensive than some lodestones or cores!! After 2 hours of farming I was only able to buy around 5 blood while still being able to bank some cash. Oh yeah and after 2 hours of farming in magic find gear, I collected *3*of my own………………………

How the hell is the average player supposed to afford to get 250 of these mats when they are so high? Why are they skyrocketing so much? 2 hours of farming to be able to only buy single digits of a t6 mat (not even a lodestone)!?

Powerful blood has doubled in price in the last few days.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Why don’t you take a look over at Powerful Venom Sacs and let me know if you’re still complaining.

The short version of the story as to why T6 mats are increasing in price:

January update added more lodestones to the economy, driving down their price. This drop caused legendary seekers to have more money available for other legendary requirements, such as T6 mats, driving their price up.

January update improved Orr, and added ability for other T6 mats to drop, causing more people to have more of the basics for legendary, causing them to pursue that, which increased demand. That drove prices up.

January update added footfalls and “polish” to a number of legendaries, causing players who use those weapons to desire them. Prices were driven up by the increased demand for legendaries.

Now, blood seems to be the hardest T6 to farm. But it actually now takes substantially less time to farm the T6 mats for yourself than it did two and a half weeks ago due to the Orr changes.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

GW is about dedication, not ease of access. Shiny items are meant to be shiny since they aren’t easily gained. If you try farming for gold instead of items, you can possibly get more Powerful Bloods.

I’ve turned to Power Trading to get what I want/need, however I have nothing that I want at this point in time, so I’m just Power Trading for the sake of Power Trading.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

There’s multiple reasons for the price increase.
1. Bots have been banned
- Bots were bringing a large supply of mats to the trading post, so the price for these items were lower than they should have been.

2. More players are hitting 80
- Since more people are hitting the level cap, they’re moving on to crafting their exotic weapons and pursuing legendary weapons.
Berserker Gear is very popular and used in many recipes, not to mention that due to cof becoming increasingly popular for a means on income for players, they are going the route of crafting this gear to speed up their clear times for the dungeon.

3.Syeria covers my other point. The droprate is much more varied now due to the changes in orr.
For example, before the orr patch, powerful venom sacs were 18-21s. After the patch the price stabilized around 9-11s.
The reason being the item was harder to acquire due to the nerf to grubs a few months back, and players weren’t farming hyleks and spiders in orr.

There are many more reasons, but I think you get the general idea. Powerful Blood is a popular item, and since there is a small amount of supply relative to demand, the price goes up.

(edited by Celestea.4105)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

I forgot about the bot bans; those were back on January 16th it looks like. Prices for all the T6 mats approximately doubled.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

I should probably add as just a small advisory note, it looks like material promotion for blood is currently profitable (on average) for those looking to use the items for themselves rather than trying to sell them. If my sheet is right, it looks like it currently takes 6.6 to break even (as compared to a sale of collected mats) and I believe that averages an output of 7.5. That’s a savings of about 3.5s per blood on average.

/note, I didn’t set this sheet up, just had it shared by a friend so I can’t 100% vouch for the accuracy of those figures

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

I can’t find a source but they only intended about 5% of players to ever get a legendary, its not supposed to be easy, it’s supposed to be a massive achievement (of course they screwed that when they made them sellable)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothial.7859

Lothial.7859

I don’t know if this will help you any but you can trade in 1 laurel for a bag with random t6 mats at the vendor now.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

of course they screwed that when they made them sellable

Getting the ~2000 gold is still a major achievement, in one way or another.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Which is no where remotely close to gaining everything via play. It’s completely out of kilter.

Serenity now~Insanity later

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Which is no where remotely close to gaining everything via play. It’s completely out of kilter.

In the past month, I’ve looted 820g from the TP with constant sales of 2 items (no flipping, simply a twist on core conversion).

2000 gold is not a likely amount that you’re going to see at once, but you’ll get there.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

In the past month, I’ve looted 820g from the TP with constant sales of 2 items (no flipping, simply a twist on core conversion).

2000 gold is not a likely amount that you’re going to see at once, but you’ll get there.

Precisely my point…gaining gold via the tp vs gaining gold/items via gameplay

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

I don’t know. I know a few people who have made several hundred gold without “playing the TP.” If you toss in an extremely lucky Dusk drop or two, you’re up to 2k pretty quick. I know I’ve made around 50g in about the past 2 weeks not counting any flipping or investing, and that’s without doing more than 1-2 fractals and maybe 5 or so dungeons. If I were playing more aggressively in an attempt to get money, I’d probably have made 150g-200g in the past 2 weeks. That’s pace for 5-7 months to make 2000g.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

If T6 materials are now easier to get, thanks to the Orr changes, that should mean there is more of a supply which should mean a drop in price. Right?

Not everyone farming Orr is going for a legendary, so a lot of those T6 materials should be making it to the market.

I really don’t believe, even with the recent changes, that there is a huge increase in demand for legendaries all of a sudden and thus creating a huge increase in demand for T6 suppies.

I haven’t checked the prices of T6 materials on the TP lately, but if they are increasing in price it makes me wonder why.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

OP obviously hasn’t been looking at the t6 prices since the patch. The price of bloods has not doubled in the past few days. It’s been hovering from 25-30s.

The only T6 I can remember having a huge increase lately is armored scales.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

I don’t know. I know a few people who have made several hundred gold without “playing the TP.” If you toss in an extremely lucky Dusk drop or two, you’re up to 2k pretty quick. I know I’ve made around 50g in about the past 2 weeks not counting any flipping or investing, and that’s without doing more than 1-2 fractals and maybe 5 or so dungeons. If I were playing more aggressively in an attempt to get money, I’d probably have made 150g-200g in the past 2 weeks. That’s pace for 5-7 months to make 2000g.

It’s a common excuse from casual players that you can only make money from the TP. You can make 4g/h doing shelt/pen runs. While investing in the TP accounted for some of the progress for my legendaries, it’s probably no more than 20% of the total funds.

[Permabanned on Forums]

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

after 2 hours of farming in magic find gear, I collected *3*of my own………………………

How the hell is the average player supposed to afford to get 250 of these mats when they are so high? Why are they skyrocketing so much? 2 hours of farming to be able to only buy single digits of a t6 mat (not even a lodestone)!?

Isaiah Cartwright

You’ll travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

after 2 hours of farming in magic find gear, I collected *3*of my own………………………

Isaiah Cartwright

You’ll travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/my-legend-grows-forging-your-first-legendary-weapon/

Sure, like doing dungeon runs, doing WvW across all the maps, getting map completion, grinding specific mobs for lodestones/t6 or buying them yourself

[Permabanned on Forums]

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

It’s a common excuse from casual players that you can only make money from the TP. You can make 4g/h doing shelt/pen runs. While investing in the TP accounted for some of the progress for my legendaries, it’s probably no more than 20% of the total funds.

Vol, do you mind sharing your trick for making 4g/h doing shelt/pen runs? If that was possible, I would be doing 400 gold every month. I can’t even fill in my inventory in 1 hour of shelt/pen…

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Vol, do you mind sharing your trick for making 4g/h doing shelt/pen runs? If that was possible, I would be doing 400 gold every month. I can’t even fill in my inventory in 1 hour of shelt/pen…

Sure,

Please note that the 4g/h includes all vendored items and all sold items, like t6, t5 and globs from rares.

-Run a tele guardian with staff/gs (guardian is best class for melee/range tagging and mobility)
-find a server which has players who do not camp the risen or spider sides, but prefers to go back and forth
-don’t stick around to kill a mob. Just do enough damage to get credit and move to the other wave/side
-run with a competent party who doesn’t beat on one veteran for one minute while completely ignoring the dozen mobs just around the corner

[Permabanned on Forums]

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So today I spent around 2 hours farming to make some good so I can start buying my t6 mats to start working on my legendary. Imagine my surprise when I went to buy powerful blood with the good that I made, and discovered that Powerful blood is now up to 30!! (thirty) silver a pop?? That’s more expensive than some lodestones or cores!! After 2 hours of farming I was only able to buy around 5 blood while still being able to bank some cash. Oh yeah and after 2 hours of farming in magic find gear, I collected *3*of my own………………………

Powerful blood has doubled in price in the last few days.

Do your clovers first if you can. You’ll get a bunch of T6 mats from that. Then you’ll know how many T6 mats you really need.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Sure,

Please note that the 4g/h includes all vendored items and all sold items, like t6, t5 and globs from rares.

-Run a tele guardian with staff/gs (guardian is best class for melee/range tagging and mobility)
-find a server which has players who do not camp the risen or spider sides, but prefers to go back and forth
-don’t stick around to kill a mob. Just do enough damage to get credit and move to the other wave/side
-run with a competent party who doesn’t beat on one veteran for one minute while completely ignoring the dozen mobs just around the corner

I do it with my glass cannon staff ele. Auto-attack does enough damage to tag 5 mobs, 2 and 3 skills are nearly permanently up, and other such build considerations focused on tagging the most mobs possible. I haven’t really tracked the income. It’s two (possibly up to 4 if you add in the Jofast events) 6 minute events on a 10-15 minute timer (not sure the exact timing). Even without magic find gear I average probably about 20s in coin/garbage drops, 8 Heavy Moldy Bags, 0.5 rares, 5 T5 dust, 5 T5 mats, 1 T6 mat per event. At up to 8 events per hour (you know, maybe it’s 20 minutes, so this might only be 6), that’s 1.6g in coin/garbage and 1.1g in moldy bags alone.

DR setting in is the real killer though, so you need to make sure you’re doing enough outside the area frequently enough to reset that.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

the average player isn’t….legendaries are meant to be “rare” (they just aren’t since they are on every other toon you come across in game)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueprintLFE.2358

OP obviously hasn’t been looking at the t6 prices since the patch. The price of bloods has not doubled in the past few days. It’s been hovering from 25-30s.

Actually mate I was watching the blood prices, as I figured these are going to be the most expensive of the t6 mats I have been watching them closely. They were 16 silver a few days ago, trust me I was all over watching th price. It has doubled. The price of blood is ridiculously high, this is not a good barrier for new players trying to craft their first exotics.

Not everyone wants to sit there and play a market simulator or power trade all day, and because of the DR system this is causing a huge imbalance and a huge gap upon earning money by playing the market sim, and for those who are trying to put their work in in farming. There is no DR on the Trading post.

Whose to say you putting in your power trading work is worth more than us trying to work equally as hard farming? How is your time worth more than ours? ANET has clearly shown their side that they value traders more than others as the DR speaks for itself. Which is frustrating to all of those players that don’t want to power trade.

This is a problem. Anyways just my observations, I have been playing this game since release and have been watching this problem grow.

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Actually mate I was watching the blood prices, as I figured these are going to be the most expensive of the t6 mats I have been watching them closely. They were 16 silver a few days ago, trust me I was all over watching th price. It has doubled. The price of blood is ridiculously high, this is not a good barrier for new players trying to craft their first exotics.

If by “a few days ago” you mean “4 weeks ago” then yes, you are correct.

We’re not going to “trust you” on this because we can all look at the history and see the price hasn’t dipped below 25s in the past week.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

We’re not going to “trust you” on this because we can all look at the history and see the price hasn’t dipped below 25s in the past week.

Maybe he was talking about Truffles instead?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

No one is using laurels fort 6 mats? Are they nuts? The prices should have plummeted to nothing by now.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

No one is using laurels fort 6 mats? Are they nuts? The prices should have plummeted to nothing by now.

You’re using Laurels for T6 mats?

That’s a bit… wasteful.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Not me… (not until I get my ascended at least) but if anything that will lower the prices is that.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

That’s a bit… wasteful.

Glancing through what you can buy with laurels, if you don’t need the ascended items and aren’t trying for the minis or tonic, are those really that bad of an option?

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I can’t find a source but they only intended about 5% of players to ever get a legendary, its not supposed to be easy, it’s supposed to be a massive achievement (of course they screwed that when they made them sellable)

Well, going to finish my second this month and the third in 3 months. I work, have RL and play 3 hours a day, mostly WvW. First Twilight, second Bolt. So not the cheap ones.
If they wanted only 5% of players to achieve them, something went terribly wrong.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

because of the DR system this is causing a huge imbalance and a huge gap upon earning money by playing the market sim, and for those who are trying to put their work in in farming. There is no DR on the Trading post.

Whose to say you putting in your power trading work is worth more than us trying to work equally as hard farming? How is your time worth more than ours? ANET has clearly shown their side that they value traders more than others as the DR speaks for itself. Which is frustrating to all of those players that don’t want to power trade.

I agree with this. People who want to work hard and “travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon” as sanctioned by Isaiah Cartwright, are being forced to NOT travel all over and instead being encouraged, because of Diminishing Returns on drops, to attempt to manipulate the trading post.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

because of the DR system this is causing a huge imbalance and a huge gap upon earning money by playing the market sim, and for those who are trying to put their work in in farming. There is no DR on the Trading post.

I agree with this. People who want to work hard and “travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon” as sanctioned by Isaiah Cartwright, are being forced to NOT travel all over and instead being encouraged, because of Diminishing Returns on drops, to attempt to manipulate the trading post.

That’s. . .entirely backwards. Traveling around killing different things will actually stave off DR entirely. Not sure what makes you think otherwise. . .

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mad Rasputin.7809

It is supposed to stave off DR.. in game experiences say otherwise.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

TY, saved me on all the work :P

I think he just wants to exaggerate to paint us speculators/flippers as destroying the economy

[Permabanned on Forums]

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jiro.6589

Jiro.6589

prices are going to where they should be thanks to the absence of bots.

If you want powerful bloods you go to the southsun cove island and kill karka’s, you should get 5-15 per hour.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

If you want powerful bloods you go to the southsun cove island and kill karka’s, you should get 5-15 per hour.

Idk how much validity there is in it, but rumor mill has it that was nerfed via the 2/13 server maintenance patch.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Idk how much validity there is in it, but rumor mill has it that was nerfed via the 2/13 server maintenance patch.

I personally haven’t spent any time in Southsun since they took away the rich ori node, but every single maintenance patch is claimed to have nerf some drop rate or another. None of the claims are ever true.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mad Rasputin.7809

Could always be an inadvertent nerf. I mean, I heard the last update was just a maintenance update for the launcher. Boinked everyone’s achievements. How the heck could that happen if it was just the launcher?

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

Could always be an inadvertent nerf. I mean, I heard the last update was just a maintenance update for the launcher. Boinked everyone’s achievements. How the heck could that happen if it was just the launcher?

It was more than just a launcher maintenance patch as there were changes to other game files as well. For a pure maintenance patch you only need to download the launcher update. For this patch there was also a small download through the updater.

I’m fairly certain that drop rates are fully handled on the server side, and therefore should not be affected by an update like that. That’s not to say that they couldn’t be, just that it’s unreasonable to assume such a thing without a lot of evidence.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Anet does do stealth buffs/nerfs. Quite frankly, they’re really annoying and unprofessional (IMO).

But on the flipside, players complaining about low drop rate after a day of farming is really not a good indicator of ANYTHING.

I lean towards believing that Anet hasn’t changed anything. However, they do have a proven history of changing things without informing the player base, so I can never be sure.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Omer.5096

Omer.5096

That’s a bit… wasteful.

Glancing through what you can buy with laurels, if you don’t need the ascended items and aren’t trying for the minis or tonic, are those really that bad of an option?

yes, that’s an awful way to spend laurels. IMO, the best would be utility ascended amulet + gold infusion + laurel coin booster + gem coin booster (if stacks) + omnombar and farm P1 CoF for nearly double the gold returns and use that gold to buy T6 mats. Unless the price skyrockets to 50s or something insane like that, farming gold to buy T6 mats will be better than seeking out T6 mats.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Omer.5096

Omer.5096

I personally haven’t spent any time in Southsun since they took away the rich ori node, but every single maintenance patch is claimed to have nerf some drop rate or another. None of the claims are ever true.

Not so sure about that. The Nov 15 update, for sure, reduced drop rates across the board. For the first 3 months, I unlocked ~100 dyes on my character. After that? Maybe 20. It’s gotten to the point where I’d rather just sell the unid dye and then buy the ones I want.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Not everyone wants to sit there and play a market simulator or power trade all day, and because of the DR system this is causing a huge imbalance and a huge gap upon earning money by playing the market sim, and for those who are trying to put their work in in farming. There is no DR on the Trading post.

This is a problem. Anyways just my observations, I have been playing this game since release and have been watching this problem grow.

People who invest smartly and have a job of course will earn more money.. It’s like asking for a salary raise because another guy with the same job made some smart investments and has more capital…. Lol all the socialism going on here.

ALSO, just to add, don’t make it sound like playing TP is an instant win, if it was, why isn’t everyone doing. Everyday there are people losing hundreds of gold making the wrong investment choices and people who are making money on making smart ones. It is all calculated risk. I think it’s time for people to stop being jealous of other people and play at their own pace.
These situations are just like real life. Either not make investments and hold on to a healthy income or man up and make some calculated risk which could potentially double your income.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

People who invest smartly and have a job of course will earn more money.. It’s like asking for a salary raise because another guy with the same job made some smart investments and has more capital…. Lol all the socialism going on here.

Should make the Moletariat guild in GW2. Requirement is everything you loot, be it items, and gold, must be presented to the Great Leader so he can redistribute it to everyone else. Of course, if you happen to find a rare weapon, it is necessary that the Great Leader keep it in order to combat the Capitalistic Pigs and keep the Proletariat safe. Any dissenters will be sent to Reeducation Camps (Orr) so they can repent with hard labor (Mining ori?)

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

If this were primarily a market oriented game with game play being a secondary feature I would agree absolutely. As it is though the market is a secondary aspect of the game which dominates the primary. Thus we have the issue.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueprintLFE.2358

I farm Southsun daily with a buddy, if anything I get 3 powerful bloods max in an hour (almost full Mf) and you hit DR 40 mins in. Now Potent bloods yes, maybe 10-17 an hour but definitely not 5-15 powerful bloods per hour. Really 15 powerful bloods per hour?? The price would be waaay less.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Syeria.4812

I farm Southsun daily with a buddy, if anything I get 3 powerful bloods max in an hour (almost full Mf) and you hit DR 40 mins in. Now Potent bloods yes, maybe 10-17 an hour but definitely not 5-15 powerful bloods per hour. Really 15 powerful bloods per hour?? The price would be waaay less.

I’d just like to point out that for enemies like karka, it’s not always safe to assume magic find gear will improve your overall drop rate. Having two people for the farm certainly offsets a bit of the issue, but you’re still dealing with relatively slower kill rates. But I don’t farm karkas anymore, and don’t know nearly enough about your build, equipment, skill, farming location, or even the path you take between enemies to state whether it provides a benefit in your case or not. Just want to make sure people realize that MF gear needs to meet a minimum threshold in a situation to actually make you better off. Basically that threshold is:

M1 * D1 <= M2 * D2

Where M is mobs killed per set time period and D is the percent chance for the sought after item to drop. MF gear increases D but decreases M because lowered stats means it takes longer to kill enemies, so you will have fewer potential loot events per fixed time period. MF becomes most effective when the area being farmed is spawning new enemies at the same rate they are being killed because at that point, killing faster will no longer provide additional loot opportunities as the player needs to wait for respawns. Southsun tends to be unpopulated with plentiful karkas which take longer to kill than normal mobs. That means the zone is one of the places where non-MF build have the best chance to outperform MF builds for farming.

Edit: Forum or browser won’t accept my less than or equal to charmap so you get to deal with my ugly notation.

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shados.1306

Shados.1306

The prices are skyrocketing, but farming them (on average) is way easier. You get tons of bags that drop them like candies, and all kinds too instead of just ancient bones all the time.

The only real issue the game has is that everyone needs ALL of the materials because of the gift of fortune.

It wouldn’t be nearly as bad if we only needed some of them (let say, 3 stacks of 2 different kinds instead of 1 stack of each kind).

Then it wouldn’t matter: you’d be selling some and buying some, instead of just sitting on EVERYTHING. Can’t make money if you can’t sell anything because you need every…single…thing.

Its like ectos. They would be an amazing way of making money (like in GW1), if not EVERYONE needed stacks after stacks after stacks of ectos since so many darn recipes need them and all legendaries need roughly 2 stacks…

T6 mats skyrocketing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ursan.7846

Its like ectos. They would be an amazing way of making money (like in GW1), if not EVERYONE needed stacks after stacks after stacks of ectos since so many darn recipes need them and all legendaries need roughly 2 stacks…

Just like to point out that because EVERYONE needs them, it makes ectos very lucrative to obtain.