TP 200 listing display has me stuck! Pls Fix

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quickbeam.2481

Quickbeam.2481

The new TP will only display 200 items for sale at one time. I have an account I run just the TP on for flipping to keep my buy/sell separate from personal purchases. That account had way more items listed on update day than the current 200 limit. I cancelled some items and relisted and now all I can see is the latest listed items. There is no way for me to even cancel old items without cancelling the newest listed because that is all that is displayed.

With all the welcome updates to the TP this one totally ruined it for me. How do we circumvent this problem? Anet must change this new limitation. I assume with all the people that earn their gold from flipping this has to be causing headaches for many people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Does sorting the list by listing date with oldest at the top help? Or does that only sort the most recent 200 by their listing date and not allow you to view 200 starting from the back end of all your listings?

I was hoping that it might only be loading 200 to be visible, but that perhaps you could reverse the order so you’re looking at the 200 oldest that were previously out of the display range and not the 200 most recent.

Basically, sort most recent to oldest and look at what the last/bottom listing is.
Then sort from oldest to newest and see if that same listing is now at the top or if an older one is.
If that same listing is, then I guess anything beyond the 200 most recent is completely out of view until they fix this.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quickbeam.2481

Unfortunately, a sort only shows those items currently loaded. I know there are people with over 1,000 items listed so even if changing the sort method would also change the refresh no matter what sort method was used more than likely there will always be items that are not shown.

(edited by Quickbeam.2481)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

That is quite unfortunate, and very disappointing in several ways. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quickbeam.2481

Yes, very unfortunate. I can see how setting a limit may speed up TP use. There should be a way, like before, allowing the user to go to the next page until reaching the end of all currently listed items or current listed bids.

Before the update my TP also listed my entire buy/sell history over the last couple of months which was thousands of items. For instance, this was really handy if I had been holding an item for a while and had forgot the original purchase price. I have now lost this ability.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

We’re working on getting those current listings displayed again so you can manage outstanding trades. Sorry for the wait.

Handling extremely long histories without losing performance is on our list for possible future improvements.

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

kittening great news, i can’t wait for the fix

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We’re working on getting those current listings displayed again so you can manage outstanding trades. Sorry for the wait.

Handling extremely long histories without losing performance is on our list for possible future improvements.

Then add a show more button for the X% where 200 isn’t enough. Go from 200 to 500 to 1000 to 5000 to all. History of completed transactions to 30 days if not 90 days should satisfy the vast majority of players stuck at a few days due to how mat buys come in a few at a time so a single buy order of 250 could result in up to 250 entries in the bought list.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quickbeam.2481

Thanks for the update Curtis! I couldn’t imagine that you guys would leave the TP in such a state.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I noticed the massive performance drop when typing I am Evon Gnashblade into the Search field as well, resulting in the minimalists list (which is great, except for terrible performance). I hope whatever performance gains you guys manage to squeeze out of the new system can improve that as well. Also would really like a Sell All and Refresh button on the Sell/Buy window. Note: If anyone wasn’t aware of that function and tries it, only to find they hate the performance and/or the look, type it again to revert to the old style.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nina.4317

I need the fix!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gezza.8634

Gezza.8634

The new TP update literally made me unable to manage any of my buy / sell listings from before the patch as it is longer than 200 listings.

This needs to be addressed asap.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

As a temporary measure until we’ve bumped the number of current transactions loaded from 400 (200 buy, 200 sell) to 2000.

We’re still working on a longer-term fix, as we’re aware that this doesn’t solve the problems for users with a very high number of transactions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quickbeam.2481

From what I’m seeing to view the extra listings enter into the aforementioned alternate ‘I am Evon Gnashblade’ mode.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

From what I’m seeing to view the extra listings enter into the aforementioned alternate ‘I am Evon Gnashblade’ mode.

Seeing all your listings doesn’t require EG mode.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

As a temporary measure until we’ve bumped the number of current transactions loaded from 400 (200 buy, 200 sell) to 2000.

We’re still working on a longer-term fix, as we’re aware that this doesn’t solve the problems for users with a very high number of transactions.

hello Pat
i am a user who has on his second account often 5000-8000 listings (on the old TP) and wanna ask you in this way could you maby make on first side on overview bout the listings? This would be rly rly nice cause looking through 8k listings is annoying like hell^^)

i think on something like this:
First Side:

• 50240 Leather of whatever
  • 20430 Ore of blabla
  • 74302 Ironwood
  • 74640 Tokens
    —— and so on

than a button for “show all” where can scroll through all my listings
and i can click on every item on the First Side and see only my listings from this special item
this would be a very big qol change and i dont think its to hard to make

nice to have on this First Side – Actual price – listed price

thx for your time

edit: just realize the search works on listings too – so nvm – but the overview would be rly nice

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quickbeam.2481

Pat,

I hate to argue with a dev; however, I beg to differ.

When opening TP and doing a search of lets say everything I get a very limited list of items with a message saying I’ve reached my max results. Now, if I enter into EG mode I get a list that I believe it is safe to assume is about 5x as long.

Explain this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

When opening TP and doing a search of lets say everything I get a very limited list of items with a message saying I’ve reached my max results. Now, if I enter into EG mode I get a list that I believe it is safe to assume is about 5x as long.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear but I wasn’t posting about changes to searching/browsing behavior when buying. I was specifically talking about “My Transactions” which now returns up to 1000 current buy listings and 1000 current sell listings without needing to enable EG mode.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nina.4317

Hi,

Nice little fix. but not enough.

Especially for the history, the length limits should be limited by time (eg: 1 monthdata shown) and not by items number.

Can’t wait for the next fix soon.

(edited by Nina.4317)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeardSanity.5623

BeardSanity.5623

The new TP update literally made me unable to manage any of my buy / sell listings from before the patch as it is longer than 200 listings.

This needs to be addressed asap.

Can we get this fix back? Looks like today’s TP release broke this fix.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeardSanity.5623

BeardSanity.5623

While you guys working on a longer-term fix, can we get the 2000 limit back?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

+1 for getting the 2000 limit back. I was wondering what was going on just after the update and it’s very problematic to be stuck with 200 items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Bump – what I initiately considered a bug is apparently a development issue.
Does anyone know what the status on this issue is?
I’d really like to avoid the deletion of 1k+ buy orders just to be able to delete old high value orders.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becky.8396

Becky.8396

Any word on this? It was nice having all my auction listings back for those few days with the temporary fix, but now I am limping along blind again. All my older listings have fallen off into the abyss of the acursed listings limit ‘feature’ of the TP. Without access to a lot of my listed items, my gold well has sadly run dry again.

Also, I am soooo tired of undercutting myself. Please bring back the ‘match lowest listing’ feature too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, it’d be really helpful to be able to see at a glance how much I’m selling something for, when I try to sell that same item again.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

This needs to be resolved/fixed -I am finding stuff sold which I didn’t even know I had listed.

There are buy orders for items in the TP which I would like to cancel but cannot do so.
There were 0 performance issues for the old trading post (for me at least) and no major issues having large amounts of items listed for both buy and sell orders.

It looks like to me this new TP was developed according to the v1 TP business requirements which were flawed (maximum number of items for display – as per original release).
Given the feedback from players after this release I would have expected that the v1.1 (with paging across items) to have been implemented as was determined a requirement by players very early on during the game.

Many websites successfully make calls to a next page list of items without sending all the items client side in one go. There are two calls usually made:
1) total number of items (to get the number of items available – and work out how many pages available)
2) list page N of items (which only retrieves a page worth of items based on a time lookup or other index sort sequence).
This code should be returning data back within a second across the network to the user.
The reason why people saw performance problem so with the old system is the TP sent all the data back in one go for the client end machine to sort the data as it went along.

This stuff is all standard code-optimisation stuff which unfortunately I have had the lovely experience of seeing badly implemented (first hand) or not at all correctly in a number of locations causing performance problems with websites or coded applications and then had to fix the thing.

“Adding access to people with long histories” is on our “possible future improvements” – it should be on the list.
Not it might be a future improvement – can you please clarify this – it should have never been missing !

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This needs to be resolved/fixed -I am finding stuff sold which I didn’t even know I had listed.

There are buy orders for items in the TP which I would like to cancel but cannot do so.
There were 0 performance issues for the old trading post (for me at least) and no major issues having large amounts of items listed for both buy and sell orders.

It looks like to me this new TP was developed according to the v1 TP business requirements which were flawed (maximum number of items for display – as per original release).
Given the feedback from players after this release I would have expected that the v1.1 (with paging across items) to have been implemented as was determined a requirement by players very early on during the game.

Many websites successfully make calls to a next page list of items without sending all the items client side in one go. There are two calls usually made:
1) total number of items (to get the number of items available – and work out how many pages available)
2) list page N of items (which only retrieves a page worth of items based on a time lookup or other index sort sequence).
This code should be returning data back within a second across the network to the user.
The reason why people saw performance problem so with the old system is the TP sent all the data back in one go for the client end machine to sort the data as it went along.

This stuff is all standard code-optimisation stuff which unfortunately I have had the lovely experience of seeing badly implemented (first hand) or not at all correctly in a number of locations causing performance problems with websites or coded applications and then had to fix the thing.

“Adding access to people with long histories” is on our “possible future improvements” – it should be on the list.
Not it might be a future improvement – can you please clarify this – it should have never been missing !

It was actually fixed for about 2 weeks in which you could see up to 1000 of your sell listings but the last patch, which boosted general TP loading times set it back to 200 listings being visible.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I need to see 10000 listings not 1000 or 200.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I need to see 10000 listings not 1000 or 200.

Well then son, you’ve got a condition.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

Yeah, I would also really like to be able to see all my listings (not 1000, all, although 1000 would help a bit). I couldn’t care if that would be on the old or new trade post (I find the downsides of the new TP to massively outweigh the benefits and this is by far the biggest downside).