TP ate my money

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fadeway.3592

Fadeway.3592

EDIT: Can’t use the TP at all. See my new post.

TLDR: A glitch in the trading post ate about 11g across multiple offers canceled within a minute of each other. Since I don’t play much and use most of my gold for gear and character slots, this is between half and a third of my usable wealth. Ouch.

Yesterday evening, about 14 hours ago, I canceled a buy offer for a mystic conduit (a bit more than 10g, no idea about the exact sum), a stack of silk scraps at 9 copper each, and between five and eight stacks of large bones at 16 copper each. I got none of the money back. I asked in guild chat if this had happened to anyone before, and apparently I was the first, despite there being several market flippers among us.

I changed characters and finished up my dailies, hoping it’s just a time issue. After between 30 and 60 minutes, I did a full relog. Still nothing. I went to bed. Just a few minutes ago, I started the game and checked again. Nothing. The only character to have interacted with a black lion agent during that time, and thus able to take the gold, is my trading alt, and there’s 0 copper on him – spent it all on candy corn three days ago. I checked several times, the buy orders have been removed properly from my list of buy orders (only candy corn there now).

I’m posting here because there’s no real ticketing system in place yet, and a bug report is unlikely to get my gold back. Has this happened to anyone else?

(edited by Fadeway.3592)

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

there is a ticketing system and you can use it to report this… or use the game bugs forum. And no, I think this is just you.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fadeway.3592

The ingame bug report system isn’t really ticketing (unless I’m missing a second interface). I feel silly for not posting this in the bug forum, my initial thought was to post it on the TP forum and the better alternative didn’t even cross my mind.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueStoat.9157

some nice mod will come along eventually and move it for you, then it’ll get a red post and everyone will stop in to read it and see if it happens to others as well. so its all win all over the place.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueStoat.9157

oh.. we didn’t get a red post. I guess they finally caught on the that trick to get extra reads.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

You’ll never see that money again, I’ve been missing 3 gold since the beginning of September. No official comment from ArenaNet, they didn’t feel the need to answer my customer support ticket.

Edit: I should add that there was a merged forum at one point for the hundreds of people who lost money on the Trading Post, ArenaNet will make the effort to merge all the posts into a single forum but won’t make the effort to type a few sentences letting people know they care.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fadeway.3592

Sucks if that is so. I know that that’s their policy for stolen accounts, and that’s understandable, if unusual (assuming that there was no truth to those rumors about security vulnerabilities with the gem store, aka assuming that all account hijackings are the players’ fault). But no refunds when the issue is entirely on Anet’s side is disappointing if true.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fadeway.3592

UPDATE: There seems to be an issue with my account’s ability to use the TP.

Today, I left 3 or 5 pieces of ori (I didn’t have money for the listing fee so I decreased the number until it was enough). I relogged and went leveling. A few minutes later I checked – ori gone from my sell orders, no money to take. To test, I sold a piece of silver ore I had on hand to the highest buyer, for 8 copper – and yup, no money.

Additionally, my buy orders haven’t been progressing. I have some candy corn ordered from 6 days ago – while a bunch of corn had arrived before I lost my 11g (most of it is still waiting on the tp cause I can’t store it), there are some orders that have still not been fulfilled. Orders that were placed at the same time as those that were fulfilled three days ago. So either nobody’s been selling corn at all for three days (impossible), or the tp is refusing to interact with my account (well, at least it isn’t closing the offers without giving me the corn, I guess).

So, I’m stuck with a TP that is unusable and eats my coppers if I do try to use it.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Deadly NightShade.3462

Deadly NightShade.3462

Since about last patch, i’m not getting any Gold at all from selling or from canceled buy orders in the trading post ( gold doesn’t appear in the pickup tab ). Also, the items i buy doesn’t appear in the pickup tab either. Since i didn’t realized the bug right away i had lost about 15g this way.
I submited a ticket and they said they can’t help me with that and gave me all sort of not so useful solutions like: “did you try to talk to the TP NPC” or “Do you know the fees asociated” etc…
I also used the ingame bug report about 4 or 5 days ago and nothing.
So, do you guys know what could be happening or how to fix it? i’m unable to use de TP at all because of this and lost quite a lot of gold and it’s very frustrating.
Also, i hope Anet take my problem more seriously, fixing my problem and giving me my gold back

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fadeway.3592

Welcome to the club, I have the same issue (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/TP-ate-my-money/first#post692578), but I haven’t seen other posts about it, so it seems the patch only affected a couple of us.

Question: Are you actually buying items? For me, it seems as if the TP is ignoring my buy orders entirely, and choosing not to fulfill them in favor of people behind me in the queue. We might have a slight disparity in our respective issues there, or one of us might be wrong in the description of his issue.

(edited by Fadeway.3592)

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elwynd.5798

Elwynd.5798

Coming back to the side-point of the ticketing system, there is one. At the top of this page, under ‘Services’, there’s a support icon. That’s the place to raise it (if you haven’t already).

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fadeway.3592

Thanks for the tip, I raised one just a few hours ago. Didn’t know there was an out-of-game option, accidentally discovered it reading the threads here. Hope it gets me a reply

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Deadly NightShade.3462

Question: Are you actually buying items? For me, it seems as if the TP is ignoring my buy orders entirely, and choosing not to fulfill them in favor of people behind me in the queue. We might have a slight disparity in our respective issues there, or one of us might be wrong in the description of his issue.

My orders are fulfilled and take my money away, but the items do not appear in the pickup tab

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Deadly NightShade.3462

Thanks for the tip, I raised one just a few hours ago. Didn’t know there was an out-of-game option, accidentally discovered it reading the threads here. Hope it gets me a reply

Don’t bother, i already did that and here is the answer:

[i]Hi there,

Thanks a lot for clarifying that for us. While the Guild Wars 2 Support Team is unable to provide any gold or items that were not received (we simply do not have the tools to do so), you can do us a favor by submitting the bug report in-game. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team.

To submit a bug report in game, simply bring up your “Game Menu” located in the upper left hand corner, and then choose the lifesaver icon for “Support.” From the “Support” menu, you can either click “Report a Bug” or just go directly the Ladybug Icon in the support menu to enter your submission.

Please know that we are actively deploying fixes with our nightly build updates to address these issues. If the particular issue you’re experiencing has not yet been resolved please keep an eye on the Game Status Updates page (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates).

If you would like to post about your experience on our support forums, you can do so at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum.

Thank you again for taking the time to send this report manually,

Cheers!

Tina
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/[/i]

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Deadly NightShade.3462

Is anybody else besides Fadeway having this trouble? it’s seems odd that this affect so few people

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Halix.4809

Halix.4809

I am 99% sure your problem is the huge stacks of candy corn.

TP retrieval works with a page system similar to your buy and sell orders. Idk the exact number but I’ve experienced this myself and it’s true. So say if a page holds 20 stacks, and you still have 200 stacks of corn in your retrieval, your tp retrieval window consists of 10 pages atm. Your other stuff most likely sold áfter the corn buyorders went through for the first time.

I.e. your money is past page 1 of your TP retrieval, but definitely not gone.

The way you describe your situation makes me almost 100% sure this is not a bug and just a lay-out thingy you weren’t familiar with yet. It’s there to prevent exactly what you describe: using the TP as a unlimited personal bank. It comes with a price: i.e. not receiving moneyz from sales:D

So make those alts, get em bags, clear your bank/gb and get that corn off the TP and see if your money shows up!

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Isn’t all money pooled at the top of the Pickup screen? I’ve never seen a cash payment being provided as its own item.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

+1 Halix

I so wish that Anets producer would prioritize the tradepost and usability issues in particular. Cash is just treated as another item on the stack – if your tradepost queue is full it appears that you are no longer receiving gold from sales, but when you withdraw items from the queue it starts to appear.

90% of the threads on this forum are down to poor usability with the TP interface PLEASE Anet – take your trading post seriously, it shouldn’t be a side project.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Deadly NightShade.3462

I am 99% sure your problem is the huge stacks of candy corn.

TP retrieval works with a page system similar to your buy and sell orders. Idk the exact number but I’ve experienced this myself and it’s true. So say if a page holds 20 stacks, and you still have 200 stacks of corn in your retrieval, your tp retrieval window consists of 10 pages atm. Your other stuff most likely sold áfter the corn buyorders went through for the first time.

The way you describe your situation makes me almost 100% sure this is not a bug and just a lay-out thingy you weren’t familiar with yet. It’s there to prevent exactly what you describe: using the TP as a unlimited personal bank. It comes with a price: i.e. not receiving moneyz from sales:D

So make those alts, get em bags, clear your bank/gb and get that corn off the TP and see if your money shows up!

This guy is right, it fixed my problem.
I had placed large amounts of buy orders so i got a full pick up tab and the gold went to the end of the queue.
I was afraid of clearing the pick up tab ‘cause i wouldn’t get gold for selling those items so i didn’t try it before but it is fixed now. i wonder why Anet didn’t bring this solution after several tickets… but anyways, Thanks Halix.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

So the money earned from TP is delivered in an invisible queue? Wow, that is really good to know.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Fadeway.3592

You guys are awesome. It took a ton of clicking and me monopolizing the guild bank, but it did work. Whoa. Got the gold back.

Thanks!

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amatsu.2306

Amatsu.2306

I bought items from the post just now and it doesn’t show up in my pick up box! Whats going on? Im at the post and it shows up in my transaction but not in pick up box! How do I get this fixed?

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hule Kilgore.9176

Hule Kilgore.9176

Same here – bought items and not receiving them. Bought items it said did not go through and received, AND the kitten thing dbl-charged me on an item.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: snakevenom.9324

snakevenom.9324

I want my money back! ’twas made with my sweat! MOOOOOOOOOONEY

If it moves, KILL IT!

-Living a Charr way of life.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Graendal.5496

Graendal.5496

This guy is right, it fixed my problem.
I had placed large amounts of buy orders so i got a full pick up tab and the gold went to the end of the queue.
I was afraid of clearing the pick up tab ‘cause i wouldn’t get gold for selling those items so i didn’t try it before but it is fixed now. i wonder why Anet didn’t bring this solution after several tickets… but anyways, Thanks Halix.

I have no gold to pick up. No items to pick up. No buy orders. No sell orders. I’m not sure this is the problem. 20g MIA.

Asura Mesmer – Graendal Kamarile
Balthazar’s Army [GWAM]

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I payed about 1.5 gold for items just a moment ago, and they did not arrive in my pick up tab. I’ve already submitted a bug report; however, what can we do about the TP? Should we just avoid using it altogether now?

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

We are aware of the issues with the Gem Store and Trading Post right now. We are working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience.

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10151215829084209

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

Stop posting important game news on external sites AND not posting them on your own site. Make a thread here and sticky it. Link to Facebook if you really want the likes on Facebook, but stop ignoring the people who don’t use social media.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: snakevenom.9324

snakevenom.9324

Stop posting important game news on external sites AND not posting them on your own site. Make a thread here and sticky it. Link to Facebook if you really want the likes on Facebook, but stop ignoring the people who don’t use social media.

This guy says it all… Not everybody uses Facebook… You have a huge forum here, don’t need to use this s**t for posting issues.

If it moves, KILL IT!

-Living a Charr way of life.

TP ate my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

Yep, bought the Makeover Kit and never received it T_T

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness