TP bug?

TP bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I was looking at crafting materials on the TP, and someone posted an amount at a noticeably cheaper price. For all of them was a little over 1 gold. So I quickly typed in the amount and hit buy, only to find out someone else beat me to it. Oh well, no biggie.

However, soon after, I realized I was missing money. Before I tried to purchase I had 370 gold plus change. Now I have 369 gold plus change. Did it take my money anyway even though the listed item I tried to buy wasn’t available?

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

TP bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Samuirai.4561

Samuirai.4561

Check your “I’m Buying” listings… When you are buying something you actually just place a buy order for the same price, and the TP realises that there is a sell offer and matches that. If there is no sell offer for that price, you just placed a buy offer, waiting to be fulfilled.

TP bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Makes sense. I don’t normally do much on the TP but sell stuff.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

TP bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Check your “I’m Buying” listings… When you are buying something you actually just place a buy order for the same price, and the TP realises that there is a sell offer and matches that. If there is no sell offer for that price, you just placed a buy offer, waiting to be fulfilled.

Incorrect. When you go to buy stuff off the TP, if it’s bought before you have a chance to update the TP, your money will be taken, the error spat out, and the gold returned to you via gold pickup at the TP npcs. It has never placed a buy order when I’m buying from sell listings.