TP tips and tricks

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vedordra.8310

Vedordra.8310

Interested in making gold but just can’t quite figure out the best ways to do it? Well be sure to check out Twitch.tv/vedordra for all your gold making needs! Live Stream at 5pm eastern!

Going to start doing streems 3+ times a week based around everything gold related for the benefit of the average player. So if you’re interested in increasing the amount of gold in your pocket be sure to check this out!

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Obligatory warning for those that dont realize it: dont buy/sell the items in the livestream, nor edge into the markets shown. 9/10 times threads like these are merely attempts to make a quick gold or hundred off players that dont realize the markets they’re buying into are already tainted.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

By no means am I trying to profit off the Community VIA market manipulation/community manipulation. This is a complimentary service I used to provide for my old Guildies in EG and I’ve just decided to move it up to a larger scale through informational streams about almost everything. Even wrote a guide back in December if anyone is interested in checking it out:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AVHVmGwWHKln24YvUflbVDipmN-SQYaHpOyDFG3mtvA/edit

I don’t participate in “Scumbag Marketing” as some individuals do that have Live Streams, Blog’s, YouTube channels, etc. How I show this in my streams is that I’m transparent about everything from questions asked, my honest opinion on items, what I have on my account (Excluding my total amount of gold) and I also make myself extremely accessible to all viewers of the stream.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

Doesnt matter whether or not you’re doing anything in those markets. Anything you advertise is to be considered, and treated, as if it’s a tainted market. There’s going to be someone attempting to make money off “noobs” no matter how you go about it.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

You’re 100% correct and I do warn all viewers against using the markets I broadcast when showcasing websites.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I actually watched a bit of your lifestream and sampled some of your older videos.
Yesterday, you started by explaining the achievement tab and i stopped watching after 5 minutes because it has nothing to do with the Trading Post or making gold, so i dont really know why you would advertize your livestream here (and in the crafting forum).

However, the Guide you wrote and linked seems to have some decent basic info about the TP in general and might be interesting for new players.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

FYI this is the guy who bought 100 or so Scarlet’ Rifles awhile back and has +400kg last I heard

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

@Wanze.8410:
You are correct, the stream I did yesterday doesn’t have much to do with the trading post. But if you view the “Trading Post Thursday” videos you can see that theirs about 1-2 hours worth of content covered every week VIA Q&A as well as multiple tutorials on how to use different TP related websites.

I do have two series going currently that I’m trying to alternate between. One of which is just a series of informational based streams revolving around different ways to impact your gold income as well as how to impact your account. The second is the “Trading Post Thursday” which is a very laid back, very informative Q&A/discussion about all things TP related.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I saw in some of your vidoes that you use the spreadsheet from the Egg Baron for material promotion.

Why do you use it (and recommend it) in your vidoes, even though it only covers t5-t6 promotion of common mats?

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

The reason I promote the use of Egg Baron is simple. It promotes very easy gold for players that have many skill points and does it in a simplistic manner. It gives you the risk involved as well which is convenient. Also, it doesn’t just have T5-6 and common crafting materials. The Spreadsheet covers all Rare, Fine and Common crafting material upgrades that involve skill points.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

The reason I promote the use of Egg Baron is simple. It promotes very easy gold for players that have many skill points and does it in a simplistic manner. It gives you the risk involved as well which is convenient. Also, it doesn’t just have T5-6 and common crafting materials. The Spreadsheet covers all Rare, Fine and Common crafting material upgrades that involve skill points.

It covers all tiers of promotion for rare and fine mats but for common mats, it only covers t5-t6.

As tier 1 to tier 2 common mat promotion has the biggest profit per skillpoint, i wouldnt suggest to use Egg Barons Spreadsheet as its info is incomplete and hasnt been updated for over a year.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

It covers all tiers of promotion for rare and fine mats but for common mats, it only covers t5-t6.

As tier 1 to tier 2 common mat promotion has the biggest profit per skillpoint, i wouldnt suggest to use Egg Barons Spreadsheet as its info is incomplete and hasnt been updated for over a year.

Even though Egg Baron hasn’t been updated in over a year it is still a pretty reliable spreadsheet to use. I haven’t been able to find many sheets or websites that are up to par with what I’m looking for, so if you have any suggestions share away.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: APW.1569

APW.1569

Even though Egg Baron hasn’t been updated in over a year it is still a pretty reliable spreadsheet to use. I haven’t been able to find many sheets or websites that are up to par with what I’m looking for, so if you have any suggestions share away.

It wasnt a reliable spreadsheet in the first place because it obviously is missing a couple of promotions and some of them are the most profitable.

So my suggestion would be not to promote to use it in your videos.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

It wasnt a reliable spreadsheet in the first place because it obviously is missing a couple of promotions and some of them are the most profitable.

It’s reliable for what it offers because it pulls directly from spidy’s database. Yes, the prices will be slightly out of sync with the actual market prices, but it’s kitten well accurate enough. If you want the information for other promotion levels, do the kitten work yourself, dont ask for it to be handed to you.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: APW.1569

APW.1569

It’s reliable for what it offers because it pulls directly from spidy’s database. Yes, the prices will be slightly out of sync with the actual market prices, but it’s kitten well accurate enough. If you want the information for other promotion levels, do the kitten work yourself, dont ask for it to be handed to you.

It seems you had a bad day, i feel sorry for you.

If you calm down a bit and read my post again, you will realize that I never asked for him to provide a more accurate spreadsheet, i merely suggested not to tell people that whatever Egg Barons Spreadsheet says, gives you the most bang for the buck when promoting crafting materials in the mystic forge. Because for that purpose, its simply unreliable because its incomplete.

Until now, i used up around 1250 Skillpoints to promote t1 common mats (i promoted 5k+ stacks of those), i think i done my homework.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

So passion aggression. Much defender.

On a serious note, T1→T2 is a time sink most people watching that stream don’t want to deal with. T5→T6 (reg/fine/rare) is about as much of a sink as most people can stomach and the return on investment (gold and time) is good enough for most of them.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

On a serious note, T1->T2 is a time sink most people watching that stream don’t want to deal with. T5->T6 (reg/fine/rare) is about as much of a sink as most people can stomach and the return on investment (gold and time) is good enough for most of them.

If you get an average of 5 skillpoints per day, it doesnt take more than 10 minutes per day to buy t1 mats, promote them and sell them.
My average return per skillpoint is more than 3g and i have been doing this on a daily basis since the start of the year. Just like with any other part of playing the game or the TP, the more experience you have, the better you get. My average since Escape from LA is beyond 6g per skillpoint because i know at what day of the week to put in my buy orders and when to sell. The Blade Backpack Iron Frenzy and Bazaar Trader Mat Sinks certainly helped to increase my average in the last 2-3 months.

So if you consider earning 100-200g in 1 hour of weekly gameplay a timesink nobody wants to deal with in a stream that is aimed at people that want to improve their trading profits, go ahead and promote t5 mats.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dave.2536

1 hour of weekly gameplay

because i know at what day of the week to put in my buy orders and when to sell. The Blade Backpack Iron Frenzy and Bazaar Trader Mat Sinks certainly helped to increase my average in the last 2-3 months.

Why are you arguing with me that T5 promotion is inefficient? That’s just preaching to the choir. I think for starters we probably disagree on how many players even know about T5 promotion in the first place.

First you quoted a weekly time sink and then you basically proved whatever you did has a start-up time of research and experience, something many players do not want to bother with. Most people don’t know the best days/times to buy/sell and this information is wisely withheld by the people who do know.

Admittedly I did not watch the stream myself, and I assumed it was for people who wanted to make a bit of extra on the side. If it is for people who already know these “basics” (T5 promotions, etc) then what I said earlier has no relevance here.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

First you quoted a weekly time sink and then you basically proved whatever you did has a start-up time of research and experience, something many players do not want to bother with. Most people don’t know the best days/times to buy/sell and this information is wisely withheld by the people who do know.

Admittedly I did not watch the stream myself, and I assumed it was for people who wanted to make a bit of extra on the side. If it is for people who already know these “basics” (T5 promotions, etc) then what I said earlier has no relevance here.

Whoever is watching the stream intents to make more gold in game, so there is obviously an interested audience. The OP mentioned Egg Barons spreadsheet in his blogpost guide on his website and in several videos. Obviously, it isnt the best way to make gold through promoting crafting mats, so i dont think the OP should promote it as that.

I dont think that your assumption that most of the people (obviously, you are not one of them) that watch the OPs videos cant be bothered to sink in the time to to earn 100g-200g per hour once a week is not true.
The fact that you think its a time sink doesnt justify to give out incomplete (and false information). The choice should stay with the audience, if they are willing to put the time in or not. Thats also something the OP mentioned in his guide, it takes alot of time to make large profits on the tp, so the audience should be aware of it.

I actually admire the OPs goal to teach his wisdom and the effort he puts into it.
I pointed out an error he made so he can make it better. I might have very well been all wrong in the first place and the spreadsheet contained lower tier common mat promotion and i was just too dumb to find it.
I didnt see anyone arguing against t2 promotion of common mats not being included in egg barons spreadsheet or against that being the most profitable promotion per skillpoint, so i think it would be a good idea to mention that in his next live stream and add it to his written guide.

If he cant provide a better spreadsheet atm, at least he should make his followers aware of it.

(edited by Moderator)

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dave.2536

If he’s throwing out the T5 spreadsheet as the best conversion out there obviously he’s doing a disservice.

If he cant provide a better spreadsheet atm, at least he should make his followers aware of it.

We’re picking at semantics now (and I’ve never actually stated my own position on whether or not he should do this). My own position is that he simply shouldn’t pass it (or imply) it as the best conversion tool.

The fact that you think its a time sink

I believe I clarified it to be a (lengthy) time investment that may require some understanding of math and/or economics that not everyone has.

The choice should stay with the audience

This is going into semantics again, but I’m not sure this is the case. There is no way the guy’s stream can be advertised “this is the best way to make money” so there should be an implication that “this is a way to make money”. So long as what he’s offering is superior to what the viewers already know, he does not owe them anything more imo.

I pointed out an error he made so he can make it better.

Most people here would agree (I as well) that that would make it better. Others were objecting that you seemed to think he was obligated to do this.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I pointed out an error he made so he can make it better.

Most people here would agree (I as well) that that would make it better. Others were objecting that you seemed to think he was obligated to do this.

I think you got me mixed up with someone else in this topic.

My first post was general (positive) feedback about his written guide and i asked him why his livestream on sunday was unrelated to the trading and what he advertized in his original post.
After he answered that, i asked him about the Egg Baron Spreadsheet, to find out, why he is using it and disregards t2 promotion even though its the most profitable.
He replied that it does include all tiers and I answered that its not the case. He obviously doublechecked the sheet, realized his oversight and asked for suggestions.

My next post was directed at you and your assumption that its too much of a time sink for most of his followers. If you can quote where other people (except you) objected against my opinion (which i never voiced) that he is ogligated to provide this info to his followers, it would be very helpful.
But i guess we cant expect from someone who chips into a discussion about a video he hasnt seen to read the full thread before pointing out semantics.

You got some Essence.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So its only you that objected…

The OP asked for suggestions that are better than the Status Quo and i gave my opinion about it on how he can provide more accurate information to his followers (by pointing out next live stream or in his guide that it doesnt cover the most profitable promotions) and why he should do that (to give his followers the choice, if they want to “only” earn 33g per hour to potentially earn 100g+ per hour from using up their their weekly earned skillpoints).

If you cant differ between contructive feedback and telling someone that he is completely wrong and a demand to change something, I am sure the OP can.

If you have some constructive, critical or positive feedback to give towards the OP, his guide or his streams, go ahead. I am sure its greatly appreciated.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Dave.2536

So I listened to some of the things in twitch and it turns out most of my assumptions were correct. In addition, it seems like his target audience was not expected to know about T5 conversion. Nor was conversion even a key focus of his stream.

If you cant differ between contructive feedback

I agreed with your ideas up to here.

and a demand to change something

and I decided this seemed a bit demanding.

Going back to conversions in general, average returns aren’t well known even for some T5 mats, much less T1/T2/T3/T4, because it is widely assumed the distribution isn’t linear. The people who do have that data generally keep it to themselves for obvious reasons. Egg Baron’s site includes only T5->T6 because those numbers are far more known and accepted.

I’m sure you or anyone else is free and welcome to offer your own spreadsheets or data about expected returns of lower tier mats so people can make informed decisions, and that it would even be promoted on the stream if you did offer it.

Otherwise, I do agree with Aidan that

If you want the information for other promotion levels, do the kitten work yourself, dont ask for it to be handed to you.

(edited by Dave.2536)

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

If you want the information for other promotion levels, do the kitten work yourself, dont ask for it to be handed to you.

Teach a man to fish and that whole thing and whatnot.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

Thanks everyone for the feedback (positive or negative, it both helps). Like I said previously in regards to the Egg Baron site, if you have any suggestions as far as websites or spreadsheets go I’m more than willing to take a look at the site. Obviously I’m not aware of ALL the sites out there that are similar to EB and am always open to suggestions. I look forward to discussing this more VIA this thread!

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

So I listened to some of the things in twitch and it turns out most of my assumptions were correct. In addition, it seems like his target audience was not expected to know about T5 conversion. Nor was conversion even a key focus of his stream.

If you cant differ between contructive feedback

I agreed with your ideas up to here.

and a demand to change something

and I decided this seemed a bit demanding.

Going back to conversions in general, average returns aren’t well known even for some T5 mats, much less T1/T2/T3/T4, because it is widely assumed the distribution isn’t linear. The people who do have that data generally keep it to themselves for obvious reasons. Egg Baron’s site includes only T5->T6 because those numbers are far more known and accepted.

I’m sure you or anyone else is free and welcome to offer your own spreadsheets or data about expected returns of lower tier mats so people can make informed decisions, and that it would even be promoted on the stream if you did offer it.

I already did share my data of average return for converting t1 of over 5k samples within the last 5 months within this topic.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

On a serious note, T1->T2 is a time sink most people watching that stream don’t want to deal with. T5->T6 (reg/fine/rare) is about as much of a sink as most people can stomach and the return on investment (gold and time) is good enough for most of them.

If you get an average of 5 skillpoints per day, it doesnt take more than 10 minutes per day to buy t1 mats, promote them and sell them.
My average return per skillpoint is more than 3g and i have been doing this on a daily basis since the start of the year. Just like with any other part of playing the game or the TP, the more experience you have, the better you get. My average since Escape from LA is beyond 6g per skillpoint because i know at what day of the week to put in my buy orders and when to sell. The Blade Backpack Iron Frenzy and Bazaar Trader Mat Sinks certainly helped to increase my average in the last 2-3 months.

So if you consider earning 100-200g in 1 hour of weekly gameplay a timesink nobody wants to deal with in a stream that is aimed at people that want to improve their trading profits, go ahead and promote t5 mats.

Are you using a website or just looking at what is in demand and then promoting? It would be nice to turn all my skill points into 12,000g

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I would appreciate a primer on how to incorporate TP API into spreadsheets.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Are you using a website or just looking at what is in demand and then promoting? It would be nice to turn all my skill points into 12,000g

When i started out, all i knew from the wiki was the range of t2 mats you get back per promotion (40-200).

I read somewhere that the average was about 80 per promotion, so i went from there.
With that in mind, its actually quite easy to determine, which promotion is the most profitable per skillpoint atm. All you need to compare, is the price ratio between the t1 and t2 mat. There are some other things to take into account, for example the value of 1 stack of t1 mats. Leather might have the highest difference between t1 and t2 but 1 stack doesnt cost nearly as much as cloth. So when promoting 10g worth of leather, you might get 20g back and when you promote 10g worth of cloth you might only get 13g back but you use far less philo stones to promote the cloth.

Right now, common mats are topsy turvy due to the bazaar trader (and on a downward spiral), so i wouldnt really recommend to start with it atm but rather wait 2 weeks or so.

It also takes some time to get enough t1 mats on buy order to use up 2000 SP and also to sell the t2 mats, so its mostly something that is done on a regular basis every day than mass produced in 1 sitting.

But if someone runs a farm train for 45 min and gets 7.5g for it and 5 skillpoints, it should be entirely possible to spend 15 min more, promote 25 stacks and earn 20-30g per hour.

As i said, its something you should do on a daily basis and continously whenever you have a couple of minutes between whatever you do. Listing 25k Wool once a month isnt a good idea.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zeibars.9781

zeibars.9781

Time to make a spreadsheet… if Wanze likes his market to himself he wont divulge it lest he get competition

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

zeibars.9781

When i started out, all i knew from the wiki was the range of t2 mats you get back per promotion (40-200).

I read somewhere that the average was about 80 per promotion, so i went from there.

Would you say 80/promotion is a good average given your experience?

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Check the API Forum, and have a look at Egg Barons Blog, i think he made a guide on how he made his spreadsheet. In the comments forum about his spreadsheet, someone actually linked a spreadsheet that also covers lower tier common mats.

When i researched drop rates and loot tables from all the loot bags in the game (i passed opening 150k lootbags 2 weeks ago), i just had a friend of mine, who is more computer literate than me, make me a spreadsheet to incorporate the API.

I can easily punch in, which bags i opened and what loot i got to extend my sample size. the spreadsheet takes the current prices of the lootbags and the loot and tells me which lootbag has the biggest profit margin atm.

It became a very powerful tool for me over the last 8 months but i also spend a lot of time creating it.

Lootbags nearly cover all common, fine and rare crafting mats with their loottables, so it also became a great alert system for me, if one material suddenly spikes in price.

At the start of the spring tourney, someone bought out all ascalonian potions and destroyer slivers, which are used to craft them. I wasnt aware of that but when i fired up my spreadsheet, it told me that all the bags that contained destroyer slivers had a potential return of over 2s per bag out of a sudden. So I just checked which mats dropped from all those profitable tiny bags and which one it was that spiked in price.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Time to make a spreadsheet… if Wanze likes his market to himself he wont divulge it lest he get competition

I already used up all my skillpoints (except a reserve of 200, which i keep on hand for mayor market fluctuations. or if i need them for something else), so i only use whatever skillpoints i earn per day. And as i mentioned earlier, i still have some more tricks up my sleeve due to my experience from the last 5 months, so i am not afraid about any competition atm. I already promoted and sold all the mats that i bought prior to the bazaar and i am not buying new mats atm, due to the inflated prices of unrefined mats.
Giving out valuable info like this usually results in alot of people trying it now, so you might have a hard time to sell your stuff in the next couple of days or until the bazaar is over.
Thats why i suggested to start with it in a couple of weeks, when most people reading this moved on to other stuff and forgot about it.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

zeibars.9781

I already used up all my skillpoints (except a reserve of 200, which i keep on hand for mayor market fluctuations. or if i need them for something else), so i only use whatever skillpoints i earn per day. And as i mentioned earlier, i still have some more tricks up my sleeve due to my experience from the last 5 months, so i am not afraid about any competition atm. I already promoted and sold all the mats that i bought prior to the bazaar and i am not buying new mats atm, due to the inflated prices of unrefined mats.
Giving out valuable info like this usually results in alot of people trying it now, so you might have a hard time to sell your stuff in the next couple of days or until the bazaar is over.
Thats why i suggested to start with it in a couple of weeks, when most people reading this moved on to other stuff and forgot about it.

Indeed, well I already have my spreadsheet up, now to wait for it to be profitable… Thing is there is a large amount of unspent skill points out there and the good thing is no one (egg baron or the guy Vol linked) has a website/spreadsheet out with mats/refined mats so no easy pickings for the lazy..

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I would suggest to do your own research as it gives you the most reliable info. I might have a personal interest in you all starting to promote now and give out false info.
The wiki also isnt very reliable sometimes (i found out that many lootbags have incomplete loot tables and even if some mats are listed on a loot table of a bag, the page of the mat itself sometimes doesnt list that bag as a means of acquisition).

If i wanted to, i could add bogus data to the wiki, stating that i made 5000 promotions and the average return was 63, just so people dont consider it profitable.

If you collect your own data, you know its true and it gives you a huge advantage over other players.

A couple of days ago, t1 refined leather was available for 8 copper on the tp, thats 20 silver per stack. 100 stacks cost you 20g and 20 skillpoints to promote. Hardly a huge initial investment for research and it gives you a decent sample size to determine the average return.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

Just as an update for anyone thats interested in the stream, just finished the base of the “panels” for my stream if anyone is interested in checking it out. Also updated the stream times. A big thanks again for everyone whos decided to follow the stream on twitch and even come out and participate, every person does make a difference and I see this thread is up to 1k views almost which is amazing.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

zeibars.9781

I would suggest to do your own research as it gives you the most reliable info. I might have a personal interest in you all starting to promote now and give out false info.
The wiki also isnt very reliable sometimes (i found out that many lootbags have incomplete loot tables and even if some mats are listed on a loot table of a bag, the page of the mat itself sometimes doesnt list that bag as a means of acquisition).

If i wanted to, i could add bogus data to the wiki, stating that i made 5000 promotions and the average return was 63, just so people dont consider it profitable.

If you collect your own data, you know its true and it gives you a huge advantage over other players.

A couple of days ago, t1 refined leather was available for 8 copper on the tp, thats 20 silver per stack. 100 stacks cost you 20g and 20 skillpoints to promote. Hardly a huge initial investment for research and it gives you a decent sample size to determine the average return.

Well said. Actually if 80/promotion is the actual average no one will be promoting anything soon which suits me quite well Great tip on getting one’s own data, Had forgotten the distribution is probably the same so would need to do the data collection only once.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

Eggbaron’s sheet, and most likely every other sheet like it, doesnt actually use the TP’s own API. They use the custom API built by the owner/maintainer of gw2spidy for such purposes. That API pulls info from spidy’s database, which is outdated by as little as 1 hour due to the limits to how often spidy pulls from the TP API.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Eggbaron’s sheet, and most likely every other sheet like it, doesnt actually use the TP’s own API. They use the custom API built by the owner/maintainer of gw2spidy for such purposes. That API pulls info from spidy’s database, which is outdated by as little as 1 hour due to the limits to how often spidy pulls from the TP API.

I am no expert, but it seems that the API that GW2TP uses, updates every time, you load an item file, so i would would use GW2TP instead of spidy to get the API.

And as i said, once you got a bit routine in promoting stuff and know the average return you get the general idea of a profitable ratio between prices. I dont need a spreadsheet to tell me, which t1 mat to promote. The key is to know the markets of those mats, so you know at what day t1 is cheapest and at what day t2 is most expensive, thats basically the difference between a 2g and 5g return per skillpoint.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Aidan Savage.2078

GW2TP’s graphs only show increments as small as :15, so their updates are at best every 15 minutes. Unless, of course, you got suckered into paying for “premium.”

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’ve been working on a website that does a lot of gold-making calculations for you. I’ve been on the fence about making this public for a while. Until now, I’ve just told people who contact me directly. But I think at this point I would get more enjoyment from people appreciate something I made than making more gold. Also, you have to figure that maybe only 500 unique people will even see this thread, and only 20% of those will read this post, and 80% of those won’t care enough to even click the link, meaning that only 20 or so people would actually get there, much less do anything with it. It just seems a shame that we all do the same work independently. So here goes:

http://legendsrpg.com/gw2.php?forge=yes (direct link for material promotion in the MF)

I’m told it’s not the easiest to understand what’s going on :P. I tend to try and fit as much info into as small a space as possible, so it makes sense to me, but confusing to someone not familiar with it. There’s help info on the bottom of each page. I recommend browsing it carefully and starting small.
It gets prices from gw2tp.com as they seem to be updated more frequently than spidy. also, the file that’s downloaded is much smaller and quicker to go through as it only has the item id and prices. The prices do need to be fetched manually – there’s a link for that. I could make that automatic, but it’s currently not used nearly enough to merit up-to-date data 24/7.

I still update it to clarify, adjust, add, etc. If you find errors or have a suggestion, let me know. Also, if you want to help: drop rate research with huge sample sizes is greatly appreciated (most needed would be bags, material promotion, and precursor forging).

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

That’s one hell of a spreadsheet Mystic. Thanks for sharing.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

well ty I do know my php

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

Very awesome Spreadsheet Mystic, definitely one of the more advanced spreadsheets I’ve seen :p

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ve been working on a website that does a lot of gold-making calculations for you. I’ve been on the fence about making this public for a while. Until now, I’ve just told people who contact me directly. But I think at this point I would get more enjoyment from people appreciate something I made than making more gold. Also, you have to figure that maybe only 500 unique people will even see this thread, and only 20% of those will read this post, and 80% of those won’t care enough to even click the link, meaning that only 20 or so people would actually get there, much less do anything with it. It just seems a shame that we all do the same work independently. So here goes:

http://legendsrpg.com/gw2.php?forge=yes (direct link for material promotion in the MF)

I’m told it’s not the easiest to understand what’s going on :P. I tend to try and fit as much info into as small a space as possible, so it makes sense to me, but confusing to someone not familiar with it. There’s help info on the bottom of each page. I recommend browsing it carefully and starting small.
It gets prices from gw2tp.com as they seem to be updated more frequently than spidy. also, the file that’s downloaded is much smaller and quicker to go through as it only has the item id and prices. The prices do need to be fetched manually – there’s a link for that. I could make that automatic, but it’s currently not used nearly enough to merit up-to-date data 24/7.

I still update it to clarify, adjust, add, etc. If you find errors or have a suggestion, let me know. Also, if you want to help: drop rate research with huge sample sizes is greatly appreciated (most needed would be bags, material promotion, and precursor forging).

Very nice and thank you! Mind if I share it with others?

Serenity now~Insanity later

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

Go ahead I think it’s fine if people know about it, but it loses profit margins if everyone knows about it. So just don’t announce it in map chat wherever you go

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

Would feature it on the stream but thats probably just as bad as map chat xD

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

zeibars.9781

Please don’t!!!

Watched 2 of your tp twitch videos, great stuff, thank you!

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

zeibars.9781

well ty I do know my php

you rule sir.

TP tips and tricks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vedordra.8310

Please don’t!!!

Watched 2 of your tp twitch videos, great stuff, thank you!

Thank you don’t forget to share it with your friends/guildies ;p