Taxes the taxes

Taxes the taxes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Since we have been paying taxes since the start of the launch, when can we see this money been put to use. For instance when is the statue going to be rebuild? or the lighthouse? I’m sure TP has accumulated enough taxes to cover these costs. Or is the money going directly into the corporate mofos that run the TP?

Taxes the taxes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

I don’t know very much about the lore of the Black Lion Trading Company, but I don’t think they’re really concerned about rebuilding the Lion Statue or the Lighthouse in Lion’s Arch. They can be just a private company taking all those taxes from the Trading Post to fund a secret government that’s planning to take over Tyria. Hell, they can even be working for Zhaitan, cloning all those Risen Chickens running around in Orr.

Taxes the taxes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Most of the transaction tax for TP goes to paying wages for the people maintaining the TP. I imagine they also maintain the postal system.

Most of the waypoint costs go towards maintaining a functional waypoint grid. These puppies required quite some power and with the current gas prices ….

Whatever’s left over goes to Evan Gnashblade’s wife. She’s got quite the eye for gems.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto