The Future of Weapon Claim tickets

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

A quick question, but I hated the Aetherblade skins, and took a gamble by not using my weapon claim tickets when they were 1:1. But given the fact that Anet took the time to introduce a universal “Weapon ticket,” what are the odds that in future events, the weapon skins will start off as 1 ticket instead of 5?

Just to be concise, a month from now, will the newest weapon skins start off as 1 ticket, then go up to 5 again 2 weeks after? I’m just curious if anyone has squeezed the answer out of a dev yet. Most Aetherblade skins weren’t 1 ticket good (In my opinion), and definitely not 5 ticket good. (Opinion) I just wanted to know if I passed up a great business opportunity forever, or will I be able to get them 1:1 in the future.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pmaitre.2980

pmaitre.2980

If I had to guess, I would say they will be one ticket while the skin is “in season” and five when it is not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

Well, you can never guarantee the quantity it would take, but you can be sure to be one step closer to a good looking skin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I would imagine future weapons will all start costing 1 ticket then go to 5 later. Its the best possible situation, it creates a “rush” to get the skin when they’re first released (which could push sales of BLC chests, good for Anet) and provides some degree of exclusivity since the skins become very hard to get after a while, without making them 100% exclusive and letting people work toward them gradually if they want.

That’s all conjecture, though. There’s been no official word from devs on that, far as I’m aware.