The potions for Town Clothes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Ok it seems I have entire sets now or something? No. No. No. No. Just No.

Why do I have to use a transmute for my quaggan hat? I had it on already.

Im going to hold on to these for a while in the desperate hope this is just a stopgap but will request a refund.

Unless im mistaking something I cant even dye them?!?!?!?!!?

Lol the outrage in black citadel as people figure out what has happened to their town clothes.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

There is no reason why those cant be outfits not stupid tonics that i will delete soon anyway

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

If you really don’t want the tonic, check the trading post prices before deleting them.

Quaggan hat, if you have the skin item you should not need a transmute for it . You will see 0 cost for the first apply to a helm. then it will function as a head item for the armor slot with all the same equip and unequip rules as helms.

Quaggan hat should absolutely still be dyable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Curtis, players are reacting before actually taking the time to figure out the way new things work.

DonQuack, take your character that has the quaggan hat to the TP in DR or Rata Sum (or any major city) and speak to the black lion armourer. They will exchange with you the quaggan hat you have, for a quaggan hat skin which is free. This skin then permanently unlocks the quaggan hat skin in the warddrobe AND works as a free skin-over for any head armour piece you have. So you can now wear the quaggan hat in combat.

As far as I am aware, the clothes that have been turned into tonics were unable to be turned into skins to go over armour due to character/profession mesh issues (this is deep core stuff, and cannot be hot-fixed). So that’s just how it is. You can either sell the tonics or ask for a refund via creating a support ticket, I believe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

As far as I am aware, the clothes that have been turned into tonics were unable to be turned into skins to go over armour due to character/profession mesh issues (this is deep core stuff, and cannot be hot-fixed). So that’s just how it is. You can either sell the tonics or ask for a refund via creating a support ticket, I believe.

I’m really surprised (and disappointed) that the default town clothes are a tonic. I’d have far fewer clipping issues with those than practically any armor set or outfit. (Mad King’s outfit looks kinda ridiculous if your character’s combat stance requires him to turn his head sideways, as my male human ele does; the pumpkin rotates right into the shoulder spikes.)

I get that there are problems for a lot of the individual town clothes pieces, but I’m really baffled that the default clothes are a tonic.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I don’t have the knowledge to know in depth about why or how these things wouldn’t work. I definitely understand your feelings and where you’re coming from. Would be nice if anet found time to properly explain it to all of us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

If I am not satisfied with the mandatory town clothes changes, am I eligible for a gem refund (re-credit for something else) of items that turned into tonics?

I been looking up and down the forums because a friend said something about Anet saying so. At the moment I have not located said statement.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Just click support. Look Up at the top of your GW 2 forum screen. See Support? Click it!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: WereScrib.7154

WereScrib.7154

If you really don’t want the tonic, check the trading post prices before deleting them.

Quaggan hat, if you have the skin item you should not need a transmute for it . You will see 0 cost for the first apply to a helm. then it will function as a head item for the armor slot with all the same equip and unequip rules as helms.

Quaggan hat should absolutely still be dyable.

I honestly wonder how awful you all feel about this. You couldn’t have possibly thought people were going to be happy about this. I mean, you ~destroyed~ the RP server community the moment you destroyed the only thing ever given to support them?

Do we get anything in return? I doubt it. No, people have complained about the simplest of things forever with no sign of a fix. (How about the chat window limitations/post limits?)

I understand we’re not the majority. But it feels awful, truly awful that we aren’t even being considered. I really hope Guild Wars 2 remains strong, I have friends and former colleagues who work with you all at Anet. I really do wish the best for you all!

I just don’t understand this. It just feel entirely like a punch to some of your most loyal fans.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Cheap as hell. The town clothes are 12c.
Hoodie is 7g now. Was like 40g of Gems?
GG. Admit it, you guys FAILED this. Redo or face the rage of players through topics and support tickets.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Curtis, players are reacting before actually taking the time to figure out the way new things work.

DonQuack, take your character that has the quaggan hat to the TP in DR or Rata Sum (or any major city) and speak to the black lion armourer. They will exchange with you the quaggan hat you have, for a quaggan hat skin which is free. This skin then permanently unlocks the quaggan hat skin in the warddrobe AND works as a free skin-over for any head armour piece you have. So you can now wear the quaggan hat in combat.

No you do not understand.

My headgear is fine as it is. I paid 5g + to wear it and show it off. I now have to BUY another piece of armour and ANNNND make sure to have the space for it AANNNNDD use a transmute charge just to wear it.

Before this I had the hat for X levels. I could take it off and send it to any of my chars EZPZ for FREE. No more work than
1. Go to bank
2. Put hat in bank
3.f12 change char
4 select other char
5. Pick up from bank
6. be BALLIN

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CJH.2879

CJH.2879

I had a set of town clothes which I used to wear over xmas, the tomb raider looking shorts, a specific top I purchased & of course the normal town clothes boots…. now they’ve all been divided into 3 seperate tonics!

I can no longer mix and match them because anet has forced us to click on 1 tonic (with a pre-determined fully clothed outfit depending on which tonic it is) and thats it! I want my mix & match outfit back! Why are we being forced to use tonics when before this latest patch I could wear what I wanted & mix & match how I wanted it while in town!!!?

I purchased these town clothing items so I could mix them specifically & now I can’t! =(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nicoper.3215

nicoper.3215

Just curios, why did I get 3 standard town clothes potions? Is it meant to be like this or was it a bug? Or are they for different armor types? They were in the same inventory slot

This signature is awesome!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Redenaz.8631

Since I’m posting, I might as well reiterate that the default town clothes should be made into either armor pieces or (preferably) an outfit. It’s bad enough not being able to mix and match pieces anymore, but not being able to dye them because they’re tonics (with a temporary duration for Grenth knows what reason,) is extremely frustrating.

Just curios, why did I get 3 standard town clothes potions? Is it meant to be like this or was it a bug? Or are they for different armor types? They were in the same inventory slot

You receive one potion for each piece of the set: One for the shoes, one for the pants, and one for the shirt. That way, if you deleted, say, the shirt and shoes, as long as you still have one piece of the outfit, you get the tonic. You can hang onto the extra tonics and pass them to another character, if you deleted that character’s town clothes, but otherwise they’re just extra and can be deleted.

Outfits are multiplied the same way: I received four sets of Mad King’s Outfits because I had the hat, coat, gloves, and boots. I only needed to use one of the Outfit item to unlock it for the wardrobe panel (which is accessible to all my characters,) so I can delete the rest if I like.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

Since I’m posting, I might as well reiterate that the default town clothes should be made into either armor pieces or (preferably) an outfit. It’s bad enough not being able to mix and match pieces anymore, but not being able to dye them because they’re tonics (with a temporary duration for Grenth knows what reason,) is extremely frustrating.

Can all the tonics be converted to outfits? They seem to work the same way now in that they are one set that overrides your armor. Is there a technical limitation why they have to be tonics?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t know why you can’t use townsclothes tonics in combat. You still have your weapon skills, why not the utility skills? And why the super short timer? Why not an hour? The watchwork knight tonic can be used in combat. (It still has that dumb, pointless 5 minute use and 30 minute cooldown though >.>).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

Since I’m posting, I might as well reiterate that the default town clothes should be made into either armor pieces or (preferably) an outfit.

I’m really confused by this too. Why weren’t town clothes just converted into an outfit item? I know we might have had to compromise and not be able to mix-and-match the special clothing like the Cherry Blossom Shirt and Riding Pants, but it seems like the basic town clothes everyone starts with could have been an outfit. I don’t see any technical difference between them and things like the chef outfit or the pirate captain outfit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Redenaz.8631

I really don’t have an explanation as to why all the town clothes tonics aren’t just outfits, given that the single pieces (Cherry Blossom Shirt, Riding Pants, etc.) generate the rest of the pieces to match. Outfits override armor, so it’s not like clipping or weight-mixing is an issue, and as long as outfits are a thing, period, there’s no consistent reason why, say, a Guardian can wear a Chef outfit in combat but not Riding Clothes.

I’m not sure if I’m more annoyed or confused by clothing tonics, but it’s definitely some of both. So long as we can’t mix-and-match clothing pieces anymore, I just don’t see what use clothing tonics serve that the Outfit system doesn’t do much better.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Right so: I went to trade in my town clothes (by the way, it’s pointless to not trade them in since you can’t even see them to verify what you have. The Town Clothes toggle magically disappeared from the key bindings.) and What I got in exchange was kind of… bad.

Glasses converted into a dyeable head gear skin? Yes that’s nice! But… Endless Khaki Clothing Tonic? And also Endless Ornate Clothing Tonic? They both give you a look of default browns paired with tops or bottoms that don’t really match. (who wears a long shirt with shorts on? Honestly! Well maybe some do but it’s all or nothing for me) I was hoping that maybe those would be converted to armor or an outfit—at least the riding pants I bought.

I honestly don’t know what ArenaNet was struggling with internally since they have already skinned every playable race in Tyria with the town clothes. The only possibility I can assume is that town clothes look pretty shoddy as armor OR they are adding another race (no clue about something like that nor do I hope for it) so they just gave up on town clothes entirely and made potions that just… aren’t useful. To me at least. I mean they are potion outfits based on nothing. Like am I a pilot? Am I a beach comber? Do I just really like the color brown?

I’m not super angry since I understand change has to happen, but I’m definitely filing for a refund on said items. It’s a shame some of them had to go away, but seriously ArenaNet, if you’re going to sell clothing items or put them on sale in the Gem Store, just send out gem store refunds for said items without hassling people to request it. I understand that a good faith return policy minimizes general loss and exploits, I appreciate the free things this company has given us in the past, and I appreciate that there’s no monthly fee, but if vanity gem store items are a viable business model for your company, I don’t think reneging on that functionality is right unless it’s game-breaking. That’d be like taking the new drum toy you’re selling and just making it a focus skin a few months down the line.

The new wardrobe is great, but I’d have liked to think the clothes I purchased with gems had a place in it.