The prices at the TP are " too kitten high"

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meneldil.3607

Meneldil.3607

Please arenanet do something to lower them it’s becoming impossible to even think about buying a precursur or materials for it

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0h40ow99W1qc7mh1.jpg this says every thing i have to say

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

And here’s some further information on the issue at hand

Attachments:

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Lol, nice title.

However, “too high” is a relative term. Somebody with 1000g might not find a precursor as expensive as… Well, me. :P

Secondly, the price of precursors is determined by two things: how many of a single Prec there are, and how we value Precs. Personally, I see absolutely no reason to get a Legendary: they’re insanely expensive (even without the precs), take forever to get, and aren’t even all that cool for all of that effort anyways. Plus, with the money that I spent getting the Legendary, there are almost infinitely more things I could get instead, including the Commander book, which I’ve wanted for a very long time.

Your argument is invalid, as it is based on personal opinion and the fact that players like you who want precs are part of the reason why precs are so expensive.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

aw man the legend went up. i should check more often, but the Trade Post hasn’t loaded for me for about a month, now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It doesn’t matter, these are just pretty skins in a video game. Get used to never being able to afford them and play. I recommend preparing to play the next big game to come along, who knows, it might have more accessible items!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Dang. Someone undercut my Dusk. I’ll have to fix that when I get home.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yeah I think I should sell to the guy who wants to buy a precursor for 40g when someone else wants to pay 700g

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If they are too high then make one in the forge and list it on the TP for a price you think is “fair”.

oh, what’s that? you would sell it for as high as possible to get more money for yourself…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I will sorta agree and sorta disagree at the same time.

Yes there are too high based off normal game play.

No they are not too high based of Cof P1 farm and playing the TP.

The discrepancy between the the yes and no is one of the major flaws of the game since soo much of it is economy based….imo

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Its because we get too much gold. And not quite enough valuable goods.

I’ve said it elsewhere – if Dynamic Events rewarded 1-2 random blue-or-better level-appropriate crafting mats instead of coin, it would be a different universe.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cbabd.8053

cbabd.8053

I think this is a supply issue: a “not enough precursors” problem, not a “too much gold” problem. For instance, there are only three Colossus on the TP!

[Gunnar’s Hold] [RPS]
Saphnabylni | Alyquia | Hrafn Halldorsson | Roshanai Abbasi | Aghrama Steamfur

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Dang. Someone undercut my Dusk. I’ll have to fix that when I get home.

Hahahahaha! Nice one

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Oh man just yesterday I almost started screaming when I saw the letters “The Hunt” appearing on my screen. Yep the difference for 2 missing letters is 899 gold right now

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

What I find funny is that a rifle called “The Hunter” is unusable by the only hunter type profession in the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Too high based on what? What you are willing to pay? Not relevant. Market forces decide price for goods. If you don’t like it, don’t use the market.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The prices on the TP are exactly what they should be based on three things:

• The amount of items put on it
  • The amount of gold/hour we consistently earn
  • The number of players wanting a certain item

If you factor in how unhealthy CoF 1 is for the economy based on the gold it inputs, and the fact that ANet has completely ignored it for months, it isn’t a surprise that high-demand, low-supply items like precursors are 600g+.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Title is inaccurate; prices are exactly where they should be.

However, you should be making the argument that precursor acquisition is too rare. I’d suggest taking this to a different forum; market is working as it should.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

The prices on the TP are exactly what they should be based on three things:

• The amount of items put on it
  • The amount of gold/hour we consistently earn
  • The number of players wanting a certain item

If you factor in how unhealthy CoF 1 is for the economy based on the gold it inputs, and the fact that ANet has completely ignored it for months, it isn’t a surprise that high-demand, low-supply items like precursors are 600g+.

The prices of “high end” (items of either high predetermined value or high player created value) items are strictly based on a minority of the player base. The amount of gold that the majority consistently earns really does not factor into it.

Since the number of minority wealthy players > the supply of “high end” items, the majority population has next to no bearing on said item prices. Thus effectively creating “haves” and “have nots”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

The prices of “high end” (items of either high predetermined value or high player created value) items are strictly based on a minority of the player base. The amount of gold that the majority consistently earns really does not factor into it.

Since the number of minority wealthy players > the supply of “high end” items, the majority population has next to no bearing on said item prices. Thus effectively creating “haves” and “have nots”.

You’d be surprised how many “unwealthy” players farm up the gold and then buy them off the TP, thus contributing to that specific market. Just last night a few of my friends finally got their buy orders filled on The Hunter and The Leaf of Kudzu, and I can say with absolute certainty that they are dirt poor now and farmed the living hell out of CoF 1 to make every gold spent on their precursors. Anyone can, and many will, contribute to this market and drive the prices. As long as people like my friends and others I know about, even those who aren’t super wealthy, continue to pay the prices as they are, the prices are without a doubt reasonable. You have to realize that countless players farm CoF 1 at length specifically to buy their precursors, and because they are generating tons of gold out of thin air in record times, people are constantly willing to pay more and more for these high-end items, and thus sellers constantly list them for higher and higher prices.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

You’d be surprised how many “unwealthy” players farm up the gold and then buy them off the TP, thus contributing to that specific market. Just last night a few of my friends finally got their buy orders filled on The Hunter and The Leaf of Kudzu, and I can say with absolute certainty that they are dirt poor now and farmed the living hell out of CoF 1 to make every gold spent on their precursors. Anyone can, and many will, contribute to this market and drive the prices. As long as people like my friends and others I know about, even those who aren’t super wealthy, continue to pay the prices as they are, the prices are without a doubt reasonable. You have to realize that countless players farm CoF 1 at length specifically to buy their precursors, and because they are generating tons of gold out of thin air in record times, people are constantly willing to pay more and more for these high-end items, and thus sellers constantly list them for higher and higher prices.

I will have to contend that when your friends grinded Cof p1 for that many hours they effectively bridged the gap. Then upon purchasing the items, fell off the bridge. Unfortunately the methods of “bridging the gap” are few and far between and rather specific at that.
Tbh I wouldn’t have much quarrel with it if it were not for the constant reminder we all have upon logging in.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s kind of the point, though. Anyone can “bridge that gap” as you describe it by time investment alone. If you’re not willing, or simply don’t want to, do the work involved in bridging that gap, well, then it wouldn’t make sense to be upset with the prices. The reality is that so long as people are willing to grind and pay the prices as they are, the prices will continue to stay as they are, and will not fall. Because farming CoF 1 is so easy, and for most players who do it “what’s another few days grinding”, the constant increase in price of high-demand items isn’t surprising to me, and shouldn’t be surprising to anyone else.

Like I said before, all that really matters is that people are willing to pay the prices, and that people are willing to grind the gold to pay those prices. So long as that is true, the prices will only go up with time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

Unfortunately prices will not stay the way they are though. The gap, if it were, will only increase as long as such practices are allow bu Anet.
So in essence what we have currently is a system that over time increases the disparity. By that I mean the longer a player waits to jump on the “wealth avenue” the longer/more effort they will have to put into achieving the same means and the ways of achieving such decrease in variety.
The prices are not so much what I have issue with ( I personally have/have had the means), its the practice. The practice of fueling funneled play is (imo) simply bad design. I cannot think of one benefit it has, yet I can easily think of multiple hindrances it creates. That imho matters.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

Today i saw 4 bots farming in one tricky spawn location (they even teleport to mobs).
My first idea was report them, but then i remember that they are the ONLY mat offerers in ALL game because its hell more profit farm 5g/hour in cof P1 that farm mats, because its imposible to do that!
I want to farm the things i need. Not farm gold to BUY things i need. But that, in the current game state, its literaly imposible. The time/item exchange its insane for almost all materials, specialy precursors, T6 and lodestones.
The gold/item exchange in tp its just a derivation of the real problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Today i saw 4 bots farming in one tricky spawn location (they even teleport to mobs).
My first idea was report them, but then i remember that they are the ONLY mat offerers in ALL game because its hell more profit farm 5g/hour in cof P1 that farm mats, because its imposible to do that!
I want to farm the things i need. Not farm gold to BUY things i need. But that, in the current game state, its literaly imposible. The time/item exchange its insane for almost all materials, specialy precursors, T6 and lodestones.

But I make 5+g off selling mats from orr… am i doing it wrong?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cauldron.1653

I don’t think that’s per hour or is it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I get 5g/h in orr. It’s a little harder since they buffed pen/shelter, but still possible.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

I get 5g/h in orr. It’s a little HARDER since they buffed pen/shelter, but still POSSIBLE.

Sound like RNG love you that specific hour, what can i say.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

For me it is

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cauldron.1653

Oh ok you meant event farming… yeah sure. For some reason my morning mind thought you meant straight gathering when you said mats…

Sorry, my bad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

market is working as it should.

Is it really now?

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Why, sir, I find this evidence quite amazing.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals