Tormented Weapons Feedback Thread

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Mmm huge focus? Sounds perfect for going with Meteorlogicus.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would like to see these skins earnable through game play, but at least we can buy them off the TP from those that have the cash to spend on the ticket scraps.

Considering they did do an excellent job translating the GW1 look over to GW2, I’m not going to be a grumpy Gus about it. They look wonderful and most of them are pretty spot on for the original versions.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Whoa.
This necro man.

Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Tormented weapons should have been exclusive to players with accounts in GW1, and who had Tormented weapons in their HoM. I don’t agree with them being shared with everyone.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

blakdoxa.7520

As the link indicated, you can choose to have a guaranteed way to purchase tormented skins. Wait a day and the prices will fall down to 60g across the board.

If you choose to gamble and lose, don’t blame anyone else.

Alright that’s reasonable.
It feels like a process with those able to wait out, come out the winners.

Tormented weapons should have been exclusive to players with accounts in GW1, and who had Tormented weapons in their HoM. I don’t agree with them being shared with everyone.

With how this was implemented, it feels like it alienates GW1 players…
Anet should just…sever connection with GW1…
It would be better to have more “GW2 things” like the zodiac armor, aetherblade set, etc.
HoM was great but that should have been the only “tangible” homage to GW1.
Lore is fine I guess as long as it makes sense between the settings of GW1 and GW2…

Devona’s Rest

(edited by blakdoxa.7520)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

GG anet…you just lose 1 more gw1 veteran left in this sad game. your gem shop looks like it’s the end game…

I can’t believe it took you this long to figure out this isn’t gw1.

So you being a guild wars 1 vet means absolutely thing. Anet has learned by now that guild wars 1 vets will cry about anything, so I doubt they really care that much at this stage.

I get that people like them for nostalgia purposes…. But…. why?

Most are just…. Bleh. I don’t know. I guess it’s just my personal opinion… This set of weapons will be as ignored as sclerite to me.

However, the people who I remember asking for them (because they have been asked for for probably over a year) now you can have them. Congrats!

I personally want the Mesmer mist weapons in new colors. Please?

Nostaglia is a powerful drug. I saw the weapons and they look hideous, but apparently it is a big deal.

You got players crying out average looking weapons from a previous game that has no relation to the current game except for lore.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Whoa.
This necro man.

Yes, but it fits

Cause we actually got them

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Why should they have been exclusive to guild wars 1 players? The existence of tormented weapons doesn’t affect the weapons you currently have in gw1. Also where was this argument with respect to destroyer weapon?

Honestly, I hope anet adds more gw1 weapons and armor, especially the Obsidian armor.

also it if wasn’t apparent by now, I doubt the majority of gw2 players are guild wars 1 vets. A lot of them probably quit after the ascended gear thing, a 1.5 years ago.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I just hope it’s actually these skins and not something completely different.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Throw in Emberglow while you’re at it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

blakdoxa.7520

Why should they have been exclusive to guild wars 1 players? The existence of tormented weapons doesn’t affect the weapons you currently have in gw1. Also where was this argument with respect to destroyer weapon?

Honestly, I hope anet adds more gw1 weapons and armor, especially the Obsidian armor.

Because maybe Anet should do something new instead taking things from a game they’ve been trying forever to cut themselves from.
Zodiac, aetherblade, and some of the weapons sets (except sclerite) were welcome additions.
But now we have this unwonted pandering to GW1 players?
Doesn’t make any sense, unless um Anet is doing this solely for the purpose of stripping the bills from our wallets.
There’s not even any lore or explanation for their sudden appearance. There’s not even Elona (or will there ever be). They just appear!

Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Vote with your wallets, as long as people buy gems with real money this greedy behaviour will continue. Stop buying gems and there might be a chance they’ll change their ways, otherwise your complaints will do nothing.

I didn’t pay a cent after buying the game, they don’t deserve it. Such greed shouldn’t be rewarded.

It’s true. People are shelling out the dough left and right. That’s why this keeps happening. I will admit, I’ve spent money on Armor Skins, but that’s about it. I’m not buying freaking keys to only be screwed over by RNG. I’d get some crafting boosters or a few WXP boosters…. I highly doubt I’ll be spending anymore money on Armor Skins either until I see that the money I’ve given them has been put to good use. (which it hasn’t yet.)

Buy the skins for 60g (the price that it usually settles at), or convert your gems to gold.

Your decision to gamble when there are cheaper and more reasonable alternatives is your fault alone.

If they release a cool armor skin, I don’t mind paying for it with my own money. It’s the whole ticket system they have that is BS. They need to at least make it easier to obtain BL keys, if they are going to go this route. I’d much prefer them just selling these skins individually in the Gem Store if they want us to pay real money for them.

Can you buy BL keys on the TP? Or the tickets for the weapons? If so, how much do they cost?

Valar Morghulis

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

You can buy the weapon skin you want for generally, once the initial introduction is over, 40-70g a piece. So… Yeah.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I was looking forward to them a lot, but I feel most are a bit of a joke.

- They have odd purple spirals and different effects added
- They sizes are all messed up, hammer/shield used to be a few of the biggest weapons around, now quite tiny, focus/scepter are now (in my opinion) oversized
- They don’t look as much like a set anymore; some are black/purple and others more grey/purple and only a few have the purple swirls.

But I am proud they listened to their community and added the weapons. I’m not 100% fond of the Black Lion Ticket system but it seems rather effective, there’s always plenty of supply on the Trading Post at relatively reasonable prices (60g/ticket’ish) We all decided to play an MMO without a subscription, those who expect no money-grabbing moves are really beyond me. Guild Wars 2 is made by a company with the goal to make money, not ‘just’ to please you. They gem-gold/gold-gem conversion is brilliant aswell. Anything I want, I can get with ingame money. Those who rather do it the other way around, can chose to do so aswell. I’m not saying Guild Wars is flawless, but I think it’s system is working fine, even if that means not everything I want is handed to me on a silverplatter.

As for the gw1 vets. We played Guild Wars 1 for our enjoyment, not to get some ‘advantage’ in another game. We got our rewards and we should be happy they give us nostalgic moments like these, but every player in the community should be allowed to enjoy it. We’re not special just because we enjoyed a different game aswell.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

GG anet…you just lose 1 more gw1 veteran left in this sad game. your gem shop looks like it’s the end game…

I can’t believe it took you this long to figure out this isn’t gw1.

I can’t believe that you can’t read what i just writed.
Please mr. kitten show me where I stated somewhere that gw2 is or is not gw1

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

- They sizes are all messed up, hammer/shield used to be a few of the biggest weapons around, now quite tiny, focus/scepter are now (in my opinion) oversized
- They don’t look as much like a set anymore; some are black/purple and others more grey/purple and only a few have the purple swirls.

But I am proud they listened to their community and added the weapons. I’m not 100% fond of the Black Lion Ticket system but it seems rather effective, there’s always plenty of supply on the Trading Post at relatively reasonable prices (60g/ticket’ish) We all decided to play an MMO without a subscription, those who expect no money-grabbing moves are really beyond me. Guild Wars 2 is made by a company with the goal to make money, not ‘just’ to please you. They gem-gold/gold-gem conversion is brilliant aswell. Anything I want, I can get with ingame money. Those who rather do it the other way around, can chose to do so aswell. I’m not saying Guild Wars is flawless, but I think it’s system is working fine, even if that means not everything I want is handed to me on a silverplatter.

As for the gw1 vets. We played Guild Wars 1 for our enjoyment, not to get some ‘advantage’ in another game. We got our rewards and we should be happy they give us nostalgic moments like these, but every player in the community should be allowed to enjoy it. We’re not special just because we enjoyed a different game aswell.

They need to make their money. That’s fine. I just want to see the game get to a point where the content being added is permanent and doesn’t take a backseat to the Gem Shop.

Valar Morghulis

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

this is so Lame….. Some people farmed so hard to get those weapons in gw1 from puttign them in HoM.
From as far i know HoM got destroyed includign what was inside now suddenly Tormented Weapons in the store this is a slap in the face for those that putted the effort for them in Gw1.
And lately everything get recycled.
Where is the inspiration in this company? There use to be such nice artwork but lately only recycles coming out of old stuff

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

People asked for these… Yes the implementation was horrible but it was a request over a year old.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esmee.1067

It’s good that they took this into Gw2. But for kittening sake, why are they locking it behind tickets ONCE AGAIN! Are they serious with us! Pomp more money our of us like this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get us P2P Instead of this kittening major bullcrap! I will kittening quit this game soon becouse this is inmoral kitten they are doing to their fanbase!

Because ticket sales work? I’m sorry you cannot afford the real $ or the in game gold to afford these weapons. If you want something free, you have you flame sword.

So you’re supposed to be right because you are willing to pay $xxx.xx (yes hundreds) or gold for BLT keys without any guarantee that you are getting what you are paying for?
You and the person you quoted are certainly living under different circumstances, in where you either have the money to blow or have the time to acquire gold in this game and they seem to not have this luxury.

Still doesn’t make it any better to enable or appease pleasures/addictions.
All hail hedonism.

As the link indicated, you can choose to have a guaranteed way to purchase tormented skins. Wait a day and the prices will fall down to 60g across the board.

If you choose to gamble and lose, don’t blame anyone else.

And we’re all forgetting you don’t ‘need’ the weapons to play the game. They’re just a cosmetic item…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

As someone who put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into GW1, I am absolutely disgusted at the implementation of these Tormented weapon skins. They might as well just give their past content and lore the finger and give everyone free Oppressor’s too while they’re at it. This combined with the required spinal blades backpack nonsense makes me seriously consider leaving this game entirely.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

I love these weapon skins. That said, it disappoints me that what I would consider the most attractive weapon set in game from GW1 has absolutely zero prestige associated with it in GW2. I mean, sure, you could buy the stuff to get them in GW1, but because the items that gave you these items only originated in one of the hardest instances in-game, the cost was huge. These will be locked to the ticket value of a BL ticket, which essentially makes them… worthless. No prestige, just some minor monetary cost, and that’s it.

I would gladly pay a monthly subscription, honestly, if it meant we could get real content with real rewards again. That said, hooray to ANet for making money.

This.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Taking a skin from a previous game, that was slowly earned by playing the hardest end game content in said previous game, polishing it, and putting it in the gem store.

You could not have disgraced these skins any more.

From
- Elite end game skin earned from hardest end game zone
To
- Cash shop skin

When is there going to be any hard content in the game, which also rewards progress towards unique skins? (and no, not public pug infested raids)

I’ll be buying them out of the TP that’s for sure, still doesn’t solve the fact there’s no hard end game dungeon/zone to earn things like this.

Oh, and the tormented hammer and staff look nothing like their GW1 counterpart. Two of best skins (after shield) have been butchered…..

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esmee.1067

They need to make their money. That’s fine. I just want to see the game get to a point where the content being added is permanent and doesn’t take a backseat to the Gem Shop.

Then we are in complete agreement, because I’d never say no to new permanent content either. Though that feels more Living Story vs Permenent Content to me. I’m a glass-half-full type, anything we get (especially when requested) is very welcome.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

As someone who put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into GW1, I am absolutely disgusted at the implementation of these Tormented weapon skins.

Why? I got tormented weapons in gw1, I don’t mind having them in gw2.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Taking a skin from a previous game, that was slowly earned by playing the hardest end game content in said previous game, polishing it, and putting it in the gem store.

From
To
- Cash shop skin

When is there going to be any hard content in the game, which also rewards progress towards unique skins? (and no, not public pug infested raids)

I’ll be buying them out of the TP that’s for sure, still doesn’t solve the fact there’s no hard end game dungeon/zone to earn things like this.

Oh, and the tormented hammer and staff look nothing like their GW1 counterpart. Two of best skins (after shield) have been butchered…..

I would agree with you if they did this all in GW1. But GW2 and GW1 are separate games, and skins that mirror themselves in both games need not have the same requirements, especially considering a significant chunk of the GW2 playerbase never care for GW1 (which isn’t an MMO)

in Black Lion Trading Co

blakdoxa.7520

It would also be nice to actually make new stuff instead of recycling gear from a completely different game.

Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

So far we have only had two releases of iconic weapons. Zodiac weapons, and now Torment weapons.

In first Guild Wars, Zodiac weapons was drops in two special dungeons, or elite missions in Cantha. Urgoz’s Warren and The Deep.

Tormented Weapons was gained through getting an Armbrace of Truth, which needed you to collect some other items. You could trade these Armbraces of Truth to others too.

These iconic weapons really should not be gem store stuff. They should be gained through gameplay. New thought up weapons like we had before is really fine.

But ArenaNet, putting these iconic weapons in the gem store is sad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

blakdoxa.7520

From
To
- Cash shop skin

I would agree with you if they did this all in GW1. But GW2 and GW1 are separate games, and skins that mirror themselves in both games need not have the same requirements, especially considering a significant chunk of the GW2 playerbase never care for GW1 (which isn’t an MMO)

Even so, I can’t get past the idea that they can’t create something original for solely GW2 and have to recycle skins from another game.
Is it simply cutting down cost for some cheap revenue?
Another poster made note of this in another thread on tormented weapons…
Where’s the inspiration?

Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

They profit by milking their old game – your nostalgia. Nothing new here.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cortex.8306

cortex.8306

Ok I know there will be a lot of threads on this subject, about adding the new skins again on the shop, but my point in here is to discuss something else.

I understand the shop is important to keep the game going, since we don’t have subscription to pay. But why add reskin weapons on the shop?

Marjory’s and Kasmeer weapons were a great, unique, nothing you could attain without the RNG on black lion chests.

But Zodiac and Tormented weapons, I think it’s way too much.
Not to mention the fact that Zodiac weapons came from Cantha, which we already know how they’re not gonna make anything to bring it back (search for: The Chantha Thread on forums).. And most players don’t even know anything about it _

A lot of people that did play GW1 expected to have some of the things they added back there on their HoM on GW2… what did we add there?
Destroyer and Tormented weapons…

Destroyer weapons became a mystic forge recipe, Tormented weapons became shop stuff.. and these were two of the coolest things you could add on your hall of monuments.

Again, my point here isn’t about not having them back on HoM, it’s how people that never played the other game can get something people worked hard to get it on the other game, and even more, they don’t even know the story behind these things ;(

Add new skins, (not reskins) maybe? That won’t hurt your veteran players and fans..

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

As someone who put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into GW1, I am absolutely disgusted at the implementation of these Tormented weapon skins.

Why? I got tormented weapons in gw1, I don’t mind having them in gw2.

^It seems about the same effort to get the skin, either way you do it:
either accumulating the keys to get scraps to turn into tickets
or being rich and just buying the keys off the tp to then get scraps to turn into tickets

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Great more gem shop stuff and mediocre stuff for ingame achievements. Wish this game would be pay to play…

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Seems lots of people have asked that skins from GW1 were brought to GW2. Now, they have been. So, some people will be happy, while others…not so much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

From
To
- Cash shop skin

Even so, I can’t get past the idea that they can’t create something original for solely GW2 and have to recycle skins from another game.
Is it simply cutting down cost for some cheap revenue?
Another poster made note of this in another thread on tormented weapons…
Where’s the inspiration?

You may call it recycling, but I would say it’s catering to nostalgia.

Can’t they do both? This is, AFAIK, the 2nd time they have revived old skins. That’s certainly not a lot. You have a whole bunch of newer GW2-specific skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

Well, the thing is ANET is not going to make every weapon skin that was in GW1 only accessible to the people who played then. I played GW1 and I don’t even know the history behind many things in GW simply because I do not pay much attention to the game lore. Its somewhat irrelevant whether or not the player knows the story behind the weapon/armor skin that they like the look of.

What I do not want though is there to be so many people who complain about this same thing and then they remove or change the skin like they have in the past.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Meh, they left out the best one

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

First i was in joy.. then i wished we would get them with an actual way of earning them…
Now they feel so… cheap… dirty… and unapealing…
Sure they look great, but the greed that drips from them is kinda offputting.

Hey, Anet… when are we able to get things ingame again? Earning it with skill and dedication and not with our pocketmoney?
(okay, we got the champ weapons, which are nice till you realize that they are reused assets with some glitter… and of course the ascended)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Hmm, GW1 I farmed UW and bought tormented weapons for ecto. GW2 I farm WvW and buy tormented weapons for gold. I don’t see much of a difference, other than making a similar amount of money in GW1 was more boring and monotonous. At least blob farming in WvW is different every time instead of 600/smite or UWSC.

I’m just looking for ward to getting my tormented shield back. Best skin.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Counter Terrorist.7421

Counter Terrorist.7421

‘’ Tormented weapons for people that can afford it’’

Give the skins to the GW 1 players that got em in there HoM or remove the kitten…. imo . Else im pretty sure u will see alot of gw 1 veterans just leaving you and your precious gemstore to play games where they actualy care about there old players.

People like me who added a bunch of Tormented in gw 1 to the HoM being promest cool stuff in gw 2 is gonna be pretty kittened over your way of handeling this.

Zodiac weapons had no value in gw 1 not a big thing it was horribal to add em to black lion trading specialist of kittenness but to add tormented weapons to any 1 ?

Lets say like this … you reskinned the only good looking light armor ‘’ Flamekissed armor ’’ Cause it looked like Human T3 and any class could weild it how is this any diffrent?….
Giving out the end game weapons from gw 1 to every 1 but alot cheaper and not to the ppl that actualy alredy own em in there HoM.

If i remeber right you guys at Anet said ’’HoM would be rewarding in gw 2. But the kitten we got from it is just a slap in the face.

Add the Tormented Weapons and destroyer weapons to HoM. Its okey if the gw 2 players can earn em as well. But its not fair that gw 1 players should earn em twice when they were promise benefits from HoM… .. its a GW 1 type of ‘’Legendary weapons’’ they had the same status there as ur precious Legendary gear here in gw 2.

Or why not start selling all the legendary weapons at gem store or for black lion tickets and earn some real cash. Stop treating gw 1 players like crap there not gonna take a bullet for you hopefully they quit if you keep acting like this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Bringing back old skins and introducing news skins as items you pay money for is the entire concept of how this game is funded…

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

blakdoxa.7520

You may call it recycling, but I would say it’s catering to nostalgia.

Can’t they do both? This is, AFAIK, the 2nd time they have revived old skins. That’s certainly not a lot. You have a whole bunch of newer GW2-specific skins.

I know that these weapons are “for GW1 players,” but then again they aren’t “just for GW1 players.” It’s definitely a “win” for anet though there’s likely a divide on how GW1 players feel about tormented weapons being tossed in BLTC vs having challenging content to obtain them with (as it was in GW1).

Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I really don’t get why everyone cries about the gem store. They do have to make money to keep the game going. If you want it trade your hard earned gold in for gems and purchase it. Your wallet isn’t out any money that way. The way I see it is I can pay to play aka WoW and get nothing for my money other than the priviledge to play the game I had to buy in the first place. Or.. Choose, or not choose, to buy gem cards. If I purchased $15 of gem cards every month I would be getting a lot more for my money than the priviledge to play the game I purchased. In either cases you are supporting their business. I choose guild wars game model.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

quit complaining. i have EVERY tormented weapon possible in my HOM, going far and beyond the requirements and way more than most ppl and im just glad to see them in game. if they gave these for free it would be an uproar. If you were as pro as you guys claim you were, you woulda known you could farm armbraces in doasc and then u should have weps anyway from that

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Yes, let’s put only items nobody wants in the gem store. That will surely allow financial ability to continue to host the game and produce content, right?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Money leads to continued development and the items are not pay to win. I support Anet’s decision.

If a skin is really good, will I mind throwing some money at a game I’m easily past $1 per hour of entertainment..not at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Thank you Anet wow.. I have not seen these yet but hopefully they are as good as the ones in gw1. Now you just need to bring back obsidian armor and chaos gloves then we are good to go.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

I was sort of predicting Tormented weapons to appear in GW2, since GW1 weapons outshined all designs of GW2 so far. A shame they ruined the cool looks from GW1 and made an inferior looking version of them.

To elaborate a bit more, GW1 had fine and straight lines, even a bit of an edgy design. The hammer the axe, they were sharp, back then. The hammers’ cool head is missing. A terrible attemp on creating a tormented mace shows the lack of understand for the actual design of the tormented weapons, making them bubbly. Everything that shines isn’t aesthetic. GW2 has a terrible design compared to GW1 designers.

Discuss

(edited by Chukree.1756)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Granted I wish the items they release would have more relevance to the living story’s continuity. However when it comes to zodiac and tormented weapons…I don’t see much of a problem there. We’ll likely never, ever go to the Deep or Urgoz ever again because, spoiler alert, our Guild Wars 1 heroes all put an end to Kanaxai and Urgoz. Not to mention the fact that the Echovold Forest and Jade Sea are no longer affected by the Jade Wind and everything is probably green forestry and roaring seas with islands again.

As for tormented…again, Abaddon is gone however I would’ve felt it more appealing if they had released tormented weapons and/or primeval armor skins when the Abaddon fractal was released instead of wait until now but whatever.

Having nostalgic skins and items from the first Guild Wars isn’t really a big deal. Especially if you consider that the acquisition of those weapons seemed pretty circumstantial, circumstances that are not likely to happen again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I don’t mind ArenaNet wanting money, and putting skins in the store, really.

But it just gets too much when Iconic Weapons that were special in the prequel just becomes store items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I don’t mind ArenaNet wanting money, and putting skins in the store, really.

But it just gets too much when Iconic Weapons that were special in the prequel just becomes store items.

I think it, again, boils down to many of those iconic weapons being circumstantial and they really have no place in any part of the game except through gem store or Fractals and if they could only be acquired in Fractals (unless they chose to make them exotics or Ascended that could be purchased), that would cause a complete meltdown.

To maybe clarify the point, think of it like the destroyer weapons. You can access all of the destroyer weapons now by killing destroyers – you don’t have to go craft them or anything. However where are you going to get tormented or zodiac weapons? Go kill margonites or head on over to fight Kanaxai? Newsflash: They’re dead.

The three options that, realistically, remain open are to either add them into the gem store, to add them exclusively to Fractals or to not add them at all. Gem store, at least in my opinion, seems like the wisest of the three options.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)