Tormented Weapons Feedback Thread

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

These “feedback” threads almost often degenerate into gemstore whining.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

‘’ Tormented weapons for people that can afford it’’

Give the skins to the GW 1 players that got em in there HoM or remove the kitten…. imo . Else im pretty sure u will see alot of gw 1 veterans just leaving you and your precious gemstore to play games where they actualy care about there old players.

Giving out the end game weapons from gw 1 to every 1 but alot cheaper and not to the ppl that actualy alredy own em in there HoM.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_monuments

Guild Wars 1 players got plenty of goodies. Fellblade, Fiery Dragon Sword, Stygian Axe, Centurion’s Claw, Diamond Aegis, Mountaincall…they’re nice skins. Not to mention they have a large amount of exclusive titles depending on their progress in Hall of Monuments and GWAMM carried over.

Not adding Tormented, Destroyer or Oppressor to the list of goodies offered is more than fair.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cuddy.6247

It seems the GW1 crowd wants everything exclusive to them.

Don’t you already have exclusive mini? A fire sword? Multiple titles?

Three exclusive miniatures, I believe. We also do have exclusive armor sets but heritage armor (which is actually really nice if I wasn’t more stoked with the cultural armor skins, however heritage is a great choice for someone who can’t afford 100g+ for cosmetics) can be obtained stupidly easy since you get 3 points for just linking your Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 accounts.

I’m glad that Tormented weapons are not exclusive, I think they were more than handled in a fair and respectable manner due to the lack of circumstantial introduction.

However, one thing does bug me about them…I’m sick of weapon skins being released that require tickets to acquire and still not selling ticket scraps for possibly 100 gems each. Their acquisition via tickets is purely RNG or paying stupendous amounts of gold on the TP. They might as well let us buy ticket scraps so we can obtain new weapon skins that we enjoy with gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucretia.8507

Lucretia.8507

I was burnt out after doing last week’s achievements, wasn’t going to even play for the next few weeks, but seeing these make a return, now I really do feel like I have to play, I mean, they’re tormented weapons!! Gotta say though, I honestly think the GW1 skins look better, and these won’t give me any of the satisfaction that I got from getting them in GW1 either, but at least they’re back.

Turnip ~ altaholic
[PVP] Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

I don’t care how they brought it to us, I’m just glad the Tormented weapons finally made it into the game. One of the best and most popular weapon skins from GW1.

Now Eternal weapons please!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I want my Tengu Sword back. But I’d be happier if Tengu got released as a new race and the Tengu weapons are their Cultural weapon instead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

It seems the GW1 crowd wants everything exclusive to them.

As per your own words, that’s the only way to keep things epic, is it not?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Are they Trolling with us?
Seriously, let’s compare!

GW1:

• You had to make ~2 hours of Teamwork multiple times to get one.
  • They had their unique look.
  • They are respected.

GW2:

• Farm or Buy keys to play RNG lottery for needed scraps that not likely to drop (6 so far from ~65 chest, count the worth in $/€ ratio)
  • They’ve been bit upgraded, depends on your taste if you like the new “mild look” or not, the effect are not that good: They’re deep silver, not black, the purple shine almost not noticeable at all. Above it, what the hell are those warps around some?! Who the hell decided to ruin an original design with those?!
  • Respect a lottery item? No way.

From a GD perspective, I would say its kind of an another new failure they made.
When a developer team decides to export a skinpack from an older version of the game,
they have two good option:

1. Copy-paste it as original, fix bugs. New weapons needs the same design.
  2. Offer Improved model version for ALL, but keep the original design.
    Guess what? They’ve made the third option!
    3. Copy out, ruin the model for more candy look, ruin the texture for more candy look, ruin the effect for more candy look, then put up on lottery.
Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cryptic Desire.2678

Cryptic Desire.2678

Being the GW1 Veteran that i am, I’m very glad that you brought back the tormented weapons. But here’s my thing: we cant earn anything anymore, everything depends on some stupid RNG formula or whatever it is, that basically drains you of your hard earned money. or you can spend hours and hours and hours farming keys for maybe a chance at it. OR you can wait until someone is lucky enough to get it and buy it off of him for 1000Gs! WOW! the dungeon sets were nice because one they looked great, and two you actually had to earrnnnnnn theemmm. Hard work oooo nooo! but of course that’s been blown all to crap by dungeon sellers and speed runs ofc. Really just make another dungeon or for christs sake release some kind of living story that opens up another part of the world! The underworld did just DISAPPEAR. Fow didn’t just DISAPPEAR. The Domain of anguish didn’t just DISAPPEAR. As well as The ring of fire, the northern shiver peaks, the southern shiver peaks, alllll of what is it again… i think magguma jungle. We should have to earn our weapons not empty everything we own into it. the point of the game is to have fun, not be pressured into spending cash.. ON A GAME. a game, something that in no way contributes to your life, rather than eating up time and resources. i also like it better when you can buy them with gems, like the primeval armor. Make it a chest of some sorts that allows you to choose a single skin. either way you still throw the same amount of money at it! but at least you can earn it by farming gold and converting to gems. and also please god fix the market its so blown up now, you cant even purchase anything due to how expensive it is, unless of course you A spend hours of your life farming cash for something.. ON A GAME. B know how to play the market or C spend more cash on a game. hmmm… i went on a bit of a rant there but oh well. There are alot of angles to consider in anets profits, but just as a player this is my opinion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

While the whole implementation of Black Lion Key and Claim Tickets is a bit unfortunate I don’t have problems with the introduction of Tormented skins via this way. It was a skin from the last game and nothing more. It is not connected to the actual events in GW2, so it’s fine.

But it is now time for an update. An update in the form of an expansion: This contains a new playable race or a new profession (class), new crafting disciplines, new areas, zones or a continent, new dungeons, a whole new campaign, new armors and armor skins, new weapons and weapon skins.

This game suffers real content. And after a whole 1.5 years we didn’t even get an announcement of an expansion or something in the direction of an expansion.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

And after a whole 1.5 years we didn’t even get an announcement of an expansion or something in the direction of an expansion.

they’ve start working at it when gw2 was released. separate team work. they mentioned it 1 year ago or something. you can check last interview with devs (2-5 monthes old).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

And after a whole 1.5 years we didn’t even get an announcement of an expansion or something in the direction of an expansion.

they’ve start working at it when gw2 was released. separate team work. they mentioned it 1 year ago or something. you can check last interview with devs (2-5 monthes old).

Yes, they told, that a separate team (not connected to LS) works on ‘bigger’ content. But they haven’t explained exactly what this means. I learned to lower my expectations though I hope it will be a content ‘worth an expansion’.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

My issue is that this painstakingly reminds me of all of the skill-requiring content in GW1 that just doesn’t exist in GW2. Everything is achieved through zerg-smash, and nothing distinguishes specific players for being particularly skilled.

The weapons are fine and their release is fine, this just reminds me of all the things GW2 doesn’t have that makes it far less interesting a game to me than it could be. I really hope they get the ball moving on making some actually difficult content.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

The tormented weapons were my favorite skin in the game in GW1. Luckily, I was only one scrap away from getting a ticket. I managed to get 3 scraps in 10 chests and got a Tormented Greatsword because that thing looks amazing.

Overall, I am really happy with the design and how they kept the GW1 designs for the existing weapons and the new weapons not found in GW1 easily fit the bill to look like a tormented weapon. The effects are there and they are relatively subtle, with the exception of the tormented shield. I am really happy to see that the shield no longer looks like a piece of purple plexiglass though.

The only thing that is a shame is that you have to RNG and use real money bring these items into existence. Sure, people will sell on the TP, but they had to pay real money to bring them into the game. I don’t think that is right, but I’m also not a businessman.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

The tormented weapons were my favorite skin in the game in GW1. Luckily, I was only one scrap away from getting a ticket. I managed to get 3 scraps in 10 chests and got a Tormented Greatsword because that thing looks amazing.

Overall, I am really happy with the design and how they kept the GW1 designs for the existing weapons and the new weapons not found in GW1 easily fit the bill to look like a tormented weapon. The effects are there and they are relatively subtle, with the exception of the tormented shield. I am really happy to see that the shield no longer looks like a piece of purple plexiglass though.

The only thing that is a shame is that you have to RNG and use real money bring these items into existence. Sure, people will sell on the TP, but they had to pay real money to bring them into the game. I don’t think that is right, but I’m also not a businessman.

The staff, especially the staff, looks nothing like the original, it’s terrible now. The hammer and sword aren’t even close. The focus is huge, the shield is small (doesn’t seem to be bigger on charr/norn either). The mace doesn’t fit at all. Scepter/bows/dagger look alright still.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’d love some of these skins, the axe and shield especially, but I won’t buy expensive keys to open chests that normally contain just junk in order to hopefully get them.

That’s my feedback, them effectively putting their new weapon sets in the horrendous Black Lion Chest lottery again means that they won’t be getting my money for them again. If they had just added them to the store directly they’d have it now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

It’s good that they took this into Gw2. But for kittening sake, why are they locking it behind tickets ONCE AGAIN! Are they serious with us! Pomp more money our of us like this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get us P2P Instead of this kittening major bullcrap! I will kittening quit this game soon becouse this is inmoral kitten they are doing to their fanbase!

Because ticket sales work? I’m sorry you cannot afford the real $ or the in game gold to afford these weapons. If you want something free, you have you flame sword.

Has nothing to do with being able to afford it. Are you really that dense?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doppey Woogy.6590

Doppey Woogy.6590

I want my tormented scythe !!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

The staff, especially the staff, looks nothing like the original, it’s terrible now. The hammer and sword aren’t even close. The focus is huge, the shield is small (doesn’t seem to be bigger on charr/norn either). The mace doesn’t fit at all. Scepter/bows/dagger look alright still.

The staff does have a few differences, but the hammer and the sword seem very close. It seems very nitpicky to say that they are not even close.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Tormented_Maul.jpg – gw1 hammer
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gw2-tormented-hammer-skin.jpg gw2 hammer

gw1 sword http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Tormented_Sword.jpg
gw2 sword http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gw2-tormented-sword-skin.jpg The sword has a similar design and has a bit more particle effects. If anything, I believe the gw2 skin for the sword is an improvement.

You do bring up a good point about the sizing of the shield and focus though. They do seem a little strange on sizing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Tormented weapons should have been exclusive to players with accounts in GW1, and who had Tormented weapons in their HoM. I don’t agree with them being shared with everyone.

Why should they have been exclusive to guild wars 1 players? The existence of tormented weapons doesn’t affect the weapons you currently have in gw1. Also where was this argument with respect to destroyer weapon?

Honestly, I hope anet adds more gw1 weapons and armor, especially the Obsidian armor.

Because maybe Anet should do something new instead taking things from a game they’ve been trying forever to cut themselves from.
Zodiac, aetherblade, and some of the weapons sets (except sclerite) were welcome additions.
But now we have this unwonted pandering to GW1 players?
Doesn’t make any sense, unless um Anet is doing this solely for the purpose of stripping the bills from our wallets.
There’s not even any lore or explanation for their sudden appearance. There’s not even Elona (or will there ever be). They just appear!

This is my biggest problem with this aside from the obvious method of which it was introduced (RNG). IF Elona ever comes out, these would have been a perfect dungeon token reward set for a new dungeon introduced. But now we already have it so what the hell is the point?

I mean seriously.
“Oh here’s a new update and we know there’s not a lot inside, but here, have some old GW1 weapons because we needed to pad the update and didn’t want to work very hard.”

What a joke.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

I’d love some of these skins, the axe and shield especially, but I won’t buy expensive keys to open chests that normally contain just junk in order to hopefully get them.

That’s my feedback, them effectively putting their new weapon sets in the horrendous Black Lion Chest lottery again means that they won’t be getting my money for them again. If they had just added them to the store directly they’d have it now.

Not being a lucky person myself, I too am not interested in gambling away my hard earned gold. If I could simply BUY these skins from the gemstore, I would. As it stands, whilst ever Anet insist on this RNG crap, I won’t be buying anything from them.

(SBI)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t really agree with the complaints as far as the whole “prestige weapon” thing goes.

The skins were prestige-items in GW1. But this isn’t GW1. Do weapons really need to stay the same through every game? I don’t really view a precedent set by a single previous game to be some unbreakable sacred thing that can never be changed. GW2 can have its own prestige skins, it doesn’t need to just use the same ones GW1 had. But its nice for people who liked the skins in GW1 for the looks to be able to get something similar in GW2.

As for the skins themselves… I think they’re pretty decent looking. Nothing super appealing to me, though. I probably won’t pick any of them up. MAYBE one of the underwater weapons just because so few weapon sets have underwater weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I am absolutely against any more of these once respected type skins being added to the game through gem store only

Flat out disrespectful to anyone who put in time and effort in gw1.

Thanks anet, we know how much you love your gem store sales, but for god sakes, use some creativity.

There are plenty of areas in GW2 where this skin deserved to be a reward (putting time and effort into say completing xx amount of fractals/dung/spvp wins/wvw cap points , w/e

Everything is RNG RNG RNG RNG and oh, more RNG

right now, you are focused waay too much onto gem store additions instead of ACTUAL IN-GAME ADDITIONs (I’m specifically talkin about rewards for doing time consuming yet some what challenging in game tasks like high lvl fracs, not just mindlessly farming gold (champ zerg trains) to buy one or buy gems to purchase enough keys and hope for a favorable RNG roll in black lion chests)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I don’t care about them not being exclusive to gw1 vets, I get that, and after the zodiac weapons I knew they were going to be a cash shop, well ticket, item despite previously being elite areas exclusive weapons, I don’t like it, but I knew it would be the case.

My biggest problem is they didn’t even try when remaking them. the axe is too small, the sword is wrong, that did the hammer blindfolded it is not the tormented maul, staff?, spear is too small, shield wasn’t quite right. The ranged weapons and mace are pretty nice, they just didn’t pay attention to detail at all with the set.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

The weird thing is that there are several areas in the game where skill IS actually a factor, but each one has had its reward system undermined in a different way:

1) Dungeon vendors – Not actually that difficult, and sellers undermined it.
2) Fractal weapons – locked behind RNG rather than level or tokens, in perhaps the single most bizarre decision regarding skins in the game.
3) The Liadri mini – Taken away, lagged by being non-instanced, and it was just a mini.
4) SAB tribulation weapons – only available at certain intervals, kind of a reward for being good at a different game.

I really, really dislike the focus on the gem store of late, and the fact that there isn’t really any prestige armour or weapons in a game about cosmetics, but the content is actually programmed that would have allowed for everyone to be happy(er). The dungeon armours and weapons are IMO the best implemented skins so far (if they make SAB and the Queen’s Gauntlet permanent then they’d rank up there too).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Problem

Yup! pretty disappointed about this as well. Tormented weapons back then had a history and you can only get them through Domain. Why did ANet put this in game just like that? Why did they destroy the story behind these weapons just like that? Im very disappointed. I understand people want the skin, but this is not the way to put them in game, and its through blacklion chest too. This is a joke.

I ANet should refund all those who bought these things in whatever way they got them.

Solution

Take them out of blacklion chest and put them as an ascended gear that requires fractals ingredients and ascended materials as recipe for combining at the Mystic Toilet.

Similar to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_a_Thousand_Arrows but ascended ingredients.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

My issue is that this painstakingly reminds me of all of the skill-requiring content in GW1 that just doesn’t exist in GW2.

Which is what people in this thread, who have never played GW1 don’t understand. Torment weapons actually required a degree of ability to achieve and persistence to obtain.

GW2 took a treasured weapon set and commercialized it. They just needed to throw in some cute babies, a tear jerking song and a conflict that gets resolved so everyone lives happily ever after.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Madiniti.8201

Madiniti.8201

Well…. this is it ! My friends and it’s official Anet / Nexon takes us for idiots to be polite …. the biggest finger ever made since one and a half year to the players of Gw1 _ …..
To give an idea players Gw2 some of which have not known Gw1 it’s like you sell the skin of the ultimate weapon of Final fantasy that requires hours of play and sweat. Those who had had the satisfaction and recognition from other players. Here it is “out your card and plays the lottery” you finally buy your gain by doing nothing in the game you just have to buy it (Of course no stats just the skin) but the principle is zero …. .
In fact, the end game is the cash shop (dixit the tormented weapons) everything you need as a weapon is our credit card and luck complimentary troll and deserved.

(edited by Madiniti.8201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

REALLY love the reskins! So, so, sexy!!

THANK YOU ANET, for bringing back our favorite Tormented Shield and Sword and everything! <3

… Except, my heart is broken that you locked such important skins behind RNG. It almost feels like you’re cashing in on nostalgia. </3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wilwynd.5798

Wilwynd.5798

I just want to say, for a company that only makes you pay for the box and only that to play the game, they are generous. Now, considering this, how will they bring food to their families? Huh? By this type of stuff. Quit whining. Don’t let your silly pride come out of your mouth. It’s a game! No need for foolish “kitten” comments, bad grammar and degrading artists and computer engineers who work hard to give you something good so that you can have some fun. For nostalgics, get over it! GW1 is also a game! It’s not that big of a deal to cause name calling and nay-saying someone else’s effort and time. You don’t like it? Fine, ignore it. You are entitled to your opinion, but filter it so you don’t sound like a brat. I don’t care how hard it WAS or how LONG it took in Gw1. It’s not that game, and it’s not your game. It’s theirs. Grow up and stop crying about everything! I’m tired of hearing all your childish whininess! And yeah this is a bit harsh, but you whiners need to hear it!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

One comment: The skins are amazing!

Kudos to the artists! Kudos! They are exactly as I remembered them from GW1, but even better!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I understand the bitterness in the pvp forums, but it seems everyone in this one complains about buying things…from a game that is free to play. Hmm, I think I’ll go back to the pvp forums where at least their outrage is partially deserved.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Well, I got flamed a bit earlier for saying that the Gem Store was GW2’s endgame, but as someone who played GW1 before I even knew that there would be a GW2 coming out, I think the big problem that GW2-only players are missing is that when this game came out, most Guild Wars players assumed that we’d be playing “Guild Wars 2”, which was what we bought. However, starting in late 2012 the game was changed to “Guild Wars: Maplestory Edition” which is what has everyone here so mad. IF you came over to GW2 from Maplestory, then yeah, you’re probably wondering what all the complaining is about. If you’re scratching your head wondering what the connection between the 2 is, take 5 minutes to skim over this:

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Meleagar/112012/24237_NCSoft-Sold-Arenanet-and-GW2-Out-For-Nexon-Investment

If you bought this game several months or a year after it was released, & were not eagerly awaiting it all through Beta (or even earlier!), then here is a look at what we THOUGHT we were getting when we paid $60 for our copy of GW2, BEFORE Nexon, makers of Maplestory, took control:

or for those who prefer to read about it:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

So, the incredible disparity between EVERYTHING that was said for 2 years+ leading up to the release of this game, and the actual game as it is today, is what has people so upset, especially those coming to it from Guild Wars. At release, even, it was still pretty good; it wasn’t until late 2012 that the gear-treadmill was really started up in earnest, and to date it has never truly slowed down, which is the OPPOSITE of everything we were promised when we bought the game.

The addition of Tormented Weapons, which were hard-earned weapons with a very specific lore to them in the first game, to the gem shop (and ONLY the Gem Shop), coinciding with the final chapter of the Living Story being a farmtastic open-world area with a Meta-achievement that most of us were able to sleepwalk through (& giving us basically junk we could’ve gotten ANYWHERE else in the game as a reward!) as the final climax of the much-hyped “Living Story” just kind of brought things to a head for most Guild Wars players who moved over to GW2.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in Black Lion Trading Co

AEFA.9035

Well, I got flamed a bit earlier for saying that the Gem Store was GW2’s endgame, but as someone who played GW1 before I even knew that there would be a GW2 coming out, I think the big problem that GW2-only players are missing is that when this game came out, most Guild Wars players assumed that we’d be playing “Guild Wars 2”, which was what we bought. However, starting in late 2012 the game was changed to “Guild Wars: Maplestory Edition” which is what has everyone here so mad. IF you came over to GW2 from Maplestory, then yeah, you’re probably wondering what all the complaining is about. If you’re scratching your head wondering what the connection between the 2 is, take 5 minutes to skim over this:

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Meleagar/112012/24237_NCSoft-Sold-Arenanet-and-GW2-Out-For-Nexon-Investment

If you bought this game several months or a year after it was released, & were not eagerly awaiting it all through Beta (or even earlier!), then here is a look at what we THOUGHT we were getting when we paid $60 for our copy of GW2, BEFORE Nexon, makers of Maplestory, took control:

So, the incredible disparity between EVERYTHING that was said for 2 years+ leading up to the release of this game, and the actual game as it is today, is what has people so upset, especially those coming to it from Guild Wars. At release, even, it was still pretty good; it wasn’t until late 2012 that the gear-treadmill was really started up in earnest, and to date it has never truly slowed down, which is the OPPOSITE of everything we were promised when we bought the game.

The addition of Tormented Weapons, which were hard-earned weapons with a very specific lore to them in the first game, to the gem shop (and ONLY the Gem Shop), coinciding with the final chapter of the Living Story being a farmtastic open-world area with a Meta-achievement that most of us were able to sleepwalk through (& giving us basically junk we could’ve gotten ANYWHERE else in the game as a reward!) as the final climax of the much-hyped “Living Story” just kind of brought things to a head for most Guild Wars players who moved over to GW2.

Wow… Thanks for posting this. No wonder most of these weapon skins that could be put in Fractals for farming and world events are put in Black Lion Chest to begin with. Now I got a clear idea where this game is going. Thank you for posting this.

GW1 players, clearly there is no place for us here

(edited by AEFA.9035)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I don’t really get it, this discussion. U can buy these weapons on the tp, and they’re fairly cheap now.

About the “GW1 players there’s clearly no place for us” cuz they didn’t give u a brand new dungeon (yet) where u can earn this skin, is just unfair. GW1 isn’t GW2, and this discussion is pointless; if they didnt make these weapons ppl are whining, if they make m and put m in the gemstore (logical choice) ppl are whining. ANet has no way of pleasing everyone…

Ppl ask about this weapon, and they make it, it costs about 90g to buy atm. And ppl go on about the fact that it’s rng chested. 800 gems will give u more than 90g atm, so what is the difference between buying it for 800 gems, and converting the 800 gems to gold…

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

(edited by Kootje.9271)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CptDRedCloud.8673

CptDRedCloud.8673

Just stop say that Gw1 is not Gw2 we know it ok ? Saying it to each people who purpose a great argue just show you are clearly not able to understand how player of Gw1 feel like in front of the choice Anet make for Gw2 …

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Welgaia.7523

Welgaia.7523

Couldn’t have worded it better. GW1 isn’t GW2, but we expected a sequel that stayed true to its roots, not a Nexon game. The last skill-gated reward I remember was Fractals, you can’t simply buy a Fractal Capacitor with cash or mindlessly following a blob 24/7 in Queensdale. Adding high prestige and lore-heavy GW1 rewards to a RNG cash box is a low blow, it just shows they’re lazy for quick cash.

People here are saying “ANet needs to make money!” I don’t see how screwing around with your loyal fanbase on a constant basis is a good strategy. Then again, I guess that’s why I’m not their monetization lead. Regardless of how you don’t get why we’re voicing our complains, GW1 players are the ones shafted right now, 1 or 2 years later it may be you. Their philosophy has changed, they don’t care anymore about maintaining a loyal fanbase as long as their shareholders are happy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kootje.9271

So if i’m correct what u actually want is a prestigious skin based on hard dungeons/instances. Something not all ppl can accomplish. Ask for that then…

And i would be all for that…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vigorato.7951

Vigorato.7951

My issue is that this painstakingly reminds me of all of the skill-requiring content in GW1 that just doesn’t exist in GW2.

Which is what people in this thread, who have never played GW1 don’t understand. Torment weapons actually required a degree of ability to achieve and persistence to obtain.

GW2 took a treasured weapon set and commercialized it. They just needed to throw in some cute babies, a tear jerking song and a conflict that gets resolved so everyone lives happily ever after.

Rose tinted specs…

As a GW1 player I can assure you having a torment weapon was not a badge of skill, it just showed you had enough ectos to buy an armbrace of truth. There was not a single `prestige` weapon that you could not buy if you had enough gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Rose tinted specs…

As a GW1 player I can assure you having a torment weapon was not a badge of skill, it just showed you had enough ectos to buy an armbrace of truth. There was not a single `prestige` weapon that you could not buy if you had enough gold.

right, 100k and how many ectos were they? yeah, you could buy the armbrace, but either way it required a good deal of farming, more so than the average player base did.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Back in GW1 I bought my tormented weapons with the armbrace of truth. I also went on hundreds of COF runs to not only fill my books but also get enough money to afford full fissure of woe armor for my ritualist. It took me a long time to get that money, so whatever method (whether earning it via the original method or simply buying it) you used to get the tormented gear, it still required money or effort.

In GW2 I certainly don’t expect special treatment, and pretty much everything is pay-to-win or grind-to-profit, so it doesn’t really matter to me.

It is annoying that we can’t earn these skins via other methods though. Sure I could do black lion key farming, but it’s so tedious and the RNG is frustrating. Would be cool if we could earn them via other forms of currency.

I also agree that some of the tormented weapons could definitely do with a makeover. The shield from GW1 had WAYYYY more detail and was really large and fitting. The one in GW2 is puny and has a sort of plastic-wrap look to the edges. Certainly not as nice as the one from GW1. The hammer, spear, staff and shield in general need to be redone to look on par with the rest.

The best looking skin I reckon is the greatsword.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Why can’t they start selling black lion tickets/scraps for gems? Increase the amount of tokens needed for each weapon, but ensures that there is a guaranteed way to get those tickets?

I hate RNG, everyone hates RNG. Anet still makes money this way and it pleases the community.

Do it!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Hello, I came here to leave my issue with the Tormented Staff, discussed in detail here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tormented-Staff-seriously/first#post3723185

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Black Lion Trading Co

AEFA.9035

I don’t really get it, this discussion. U can buy these weapons on the tp, and they’re fairly cheap now.

About the “GW1 players there’s clearly no place for us” cuz they didn’t give u a brand new dungeon (yet) where u can earn this skin, is just unfair. GW1 isn’t GW2, and this discussion is pointless; if they didnt make these weapons ppl are whining, if they make m and put m in the gemstore (logical choice) ppl are whining. ANet has no way of pleasing everyone…

Ppl ask about this weapon, and they make it, it costs about 90g to buy atm. And ppl go on about the fact that it’s rng chested. 800 gems will give u more than 90g atm, so what is the difference between buying it for 800 gems, and converting the 800 gems to gold…

I definitely dont want ANet to hand this to GW1 players. My point being is the history about these weapons and its lore can you grasp what a lore is? In GW2 have you ever play for the story of the game? Or do you mindlessly zerg around in queensdale or flip items in TP? as a way of making money and buying kitten in game?

I love that theyre in game, great kitten. Honestly. But to be put in RNG lion chest or just buy them in TP which seems like youre suggesting is just a low blow.

A solution ANet couldve done to implement this right is through Fractals. This is the only dungeon that could replay the past or future of the game. And Fractals as of now is dead because by now a lot of people have their rings already or back pieces. Theres no point of playing Fractals anymore for most people.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I really enjoy how they have all the same old clipping issues as they did in gw1. Ahhhh nostalgia (as the focus appears to be using its Pokemon powers to cut my leg off at the hip)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kootje.9271

I think the introduction of the tormented weapons now is lore-wise very fitting in the blacklion trading company. The weapons are 250 years old and would be covered under piles of dirt and could well be revealed in the ruins of Lions Arch. I think the dolyaks run them out of LA for him

(edited by Kootje.9271)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ok so I asked this in another thread but the dev locked it and didn’t merge it so meh,

Other than the $$$‘s they want for it, these don’t make sense,

These weapons where effectively end game weapons from Nightfall, you had to farm the Domain of Anguish in order to get them, where I know later on people would trade for them etc that’s not the point, they had no LINK at all to Tyria, so why have they brought them back, the UW and FoW where right under Tyria yet we do not see them coming back, infact Anet has moved to remove nearly all links from GW1 to GW2, so where did these weapons come from.

Would anet care to explain that, as if you can bring these back, why not UW, FoW, Elona, Cantha, etc etc etc, or is the new game model just about how much $$$ you can pull out of your players before another game takes them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cuddy.6247

Rose tinted specs…

Even at that skins like froggy scepter were more expensive anyway…

Wait a minute, you can get a froggy scepter in GW2 for dirt cheap. kitten it, it should’ve been exclusive!

#EndSarcasm

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I understand the bitterness in the pvp forums, but it seems everyone in this one complains about buying things…from a game that is free to play. Hmm, I think I’ll go back to the pvp forums where at least their outrage is partially deserved.

The thing is, I join in with these complaints (or rather, contribute feedback) because I LIKE Guild Wars 2. I want the game to succeed, not be abandoned. The PvE endgame in GW2 is supposed to be cosmetic, which means that if the best skins are locked behind RNG or the cash shop, the endgame is either luck to win or pay to win. If players get bored of playing a lottery, they’ll leave. If players feel disrespected, they’ll leave. If players don’t have anything to do but zerg/champ farm for gold, they’ll leave.

In all of these cases, ANet lose money. This isn’t an issue of “The game is free to play, so we should be grateful for whatever we get”, it’s an issue of “We want this game to make lots of money, so we want people to have reasons to keep playing it”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I was really hoping tormented weapons would require skill to earn, rather than being a gem store item.

Also, I don’t understand why they redesigned the spear and staff. The spear doesn’t even look like part of the set.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson