Total Makeover, no name change?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Why do total makeover kits not allow for a name change if you change from a male to a female?

I changed my ranger to be my first female character, and now she’s stuck with a pretty well known male name.

Name changes should be included when changing sexes.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

No, you go to the social security department for a name change, not a korean plastic surgeon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why do total makeover kits not allow for a name change if you change from a male to a female?

I changed my ranger to be my first female character, and now she’s stuck with a pretty well known male name.

Name Change Contracts are a separate item. You can purchase them from the Gem Store. Please be more careful when changing the gender of your character.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You clicked “accept changes” without noticing you hadn’t changed the character’s name yet?

I’m just not seeing how this is anyone’s fault but your own.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

You clicked “accept changes” without noticing you hadn’t changed the character’s name yet?

So can I use it only for a test? to check how my character would look like and cancel operation and save my makeover kit?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

If your name is Charles and you submit yourself to a transgender surgery to change sex, you still be named Charles. To change your name to Charlotte you still need to exchange it at an official government source. This process is named here as “name change contract”.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

So can I use it only for a test? to check how my character would look like and cancel operation and save my makeover kit?

Yes. The kit is not consumed until you confirm the changes.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Yes. The kit is not consumed until you confirm the changes.

Awesome to know, I want to change up my hair for main but didnt want to use one without knowing this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I’m just not seeing how this is anyone’s fault but your own.

When you’ve never used a total makeover kit and doesn’t know anyone who has, it was kind of up in the air.

However, it seems like a bad design to not a name change when changing to a female character. At the very least, there should be a warning on the kit that there is no name change when switching sexes.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

It kind of clearly says that “A single character may modify their appearance settings for height, physique, skin colour, markings, face, hair, even gender.” It doesn’t say a name change is included in the package.

As the people above have mentioned, if you go to a plastic surgeon to Michael Jackson your face, your name is still Michael Jackson. You need to undergo a separate legal process to change your name. As such the makeover kits and the name change contracts are separate.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sometimes, reading is hard. Other times, it’s your own fault and you need to just suck it up and deal with your human errors.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe they should have a kit priced for complete makeover with a name change. But that wouldn’t stop the people who buy and use it and then realize what they really wanted was the lower priced kit. Then we would have those people coming to the forum to complain about it and making tickets to support. No matter what ANet does, someone is not going to read the small print.