Total makeover kit

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khadras.1583

Khadras.1583

So I was looking at the total makeover kit and decided to buy it, I got the gems and relogged the character that needed it and then the kit was gone :p

I tried logging my other characters and restarting the game just in case, but the item is still gone from the gemstore.

What has happened with the kit?

Centurion Khadras [KA]

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

We are working on a small issue with the Makeover kits. They should return soon.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khadras.1583

Khadras.1583

Thank you for the info

Centurion Khadras [KA]

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sheep.9064

sheep.9064

I hope you guys working on the sylvari’s noses. Please tell me you do. ;-;

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

We are working on a small issue with the Makeover kits. They should return soon.

What is soon?

Soon can be in 1 hour, it can be in 1 day, it can be 1 week. Please be more specific, too often i’ve heard the word “soon” coming from a dev, and usually it actually took weeks.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

What is soon?

Soon can be in 1 hour, it can be in 1 day, it can be 1 week. Please be more specific, too often i’ve heard the word “soon” coming from a dev, and usually it actually took weeks.

Its vague on purpose. Developers don’t like promising actual timeframes, because then if something goes wrong and they can’t make the timeline people get annoyed.

I would imagine they’re going to be hurrying as fast as possible, though. The new faces are one of the only major additions to the Gem Store this week, and I’m sure they want them available for people to spend money on (and for them to make money on).

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bokatisha.4172

Bokatisha.4172

Well.. There doesn’t seem to be a problem with the kit itself, as people who already had one when the update happened can use them and see the new choices.. This is very vague.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

arenanet realised they forgot to give the sylvari faces noses?

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Moonrabbit.1543

Moonrabbit.1543

Ugh, I hope this doesn’t take Anet the rest of this year to fix. I would have bought a total makeover kit yesterday if I knew something like this was going to happen. Made a trial change to my eye color a few days ago. Hate it and now want to switch back. I have 3 hairstyle changers, but that doesn’t help me.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheWusha.5496

TheWusha.5496

I was really excited about making a new character with the new faces and now I’m really disappointed that it is taking Arenanet this long to fix the problem :C

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

lol yes, I can’t help but feel bad for them. And one of the male Sylvari faces looks like the result of the Shrek cat mating with a female Sylvari. Also heard here first.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

yeah, this is really bizarre. Don’t send me an add for something then not make it available

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisbeth Silvertear.8169

Lisbeth Silvertear.8169

lol yes, I can’t help but feel bad for them. And one of the male Sylvari faces looks like the result of the Shrek cat mating with a female Sylvari. Also heard here first.

For some of you who may lack design imagination…some of the (new) sylvari faces were designed intentionally without noses, to offer variety in facial designs. In fact, it also coincides with (possible) racial traits for a salad race, since a nose wouldn’t really be necessary for such a race, considering how plants ‘breath’…if one’s imagination were so inclined. :P

I haven’t played in a few weeks myself, and came back to check out the new faces, and purchase a makeover kit, but was surprised to find them missing from the black lion traders…looking forward to checking them out ingame…if they get fixed soon. ^_~

(edited by Lisbeth Silvertear.8169)

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ColdDarkness.9371

ColdDarkness.9371

For some of you who may lack design imagination…some of the (new) sylvari faces were designed intentionally without noses, to offer variety in facial designs. In fact, it also coincides with (possible) racial traits for a salad race, since a nose wouldn’t really be necessary for such a race, considering how plants ‘breath’…if one’s imagination were so inclined. :P

you should think more before applying this kind of logic for the design. why? because sylvari grow on ONE tree.
what do i imply? there are no different sylvari genders. they are by the very same logic a huge design error.
and suddenly sylvari design was shrunk to half its options.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I noticed sylvari eye colors are completely off with one of the new faces in the makeover kit. Thistle is a yellow color, red blue and so on. At least with the female one.

The notes say they will be back now.

let the sky fall

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danasseus Kaltvonin.9827

Danasseus Kaltvonin.9827

Kit is still missing, even after the patch.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Marcusdeblack.2307

Marcusdeblack.2307

Yep, no Kit, even thou patch notes state otherwise.

EDIT: Only Hair Kit. No Make-Over.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ranulf.9285

Ranulf.9285

I am /still/ not seeing the Makeover Kit, too.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Auryn.5927

Auryn.5927

Yeah, even after the build “fix” the makeover kit is not in store. :-/

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danasseus Kaltvonin.9827

Danasseus Kaltvonin.9827

They’re now in the store.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Next

Kits are now available

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarksunG.9537

Kits are now available

The update note is advertizing in a misleading manner:

“From now through December 31, players who send a gift to a friend can purchase that same item in any quantity for themselves at 40% off! Let the sharing begin! All discounts must be claimed by 11:59 p.m. PST on December 31.”

As soon as I purchased an item after gifting the price when back to the regular price.. this does NOT allow me to purchase 3 of them at the new price.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Oooh, this is good to know, DarksunG. I was planning on picking up multiple copies of the Collection Expander after gifting one to my girlfriend, but I’m gonna hold off on that until confirmation over whether that’s a bug or not.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alyssa.7254

Alyssa.7254

Kits are now available

The update note is advertizing in a misleading manner:

“From now through December 31, players who send a gift to a friend can purchase that same item in any quantity for themselves at 40% off! Let the sharing begin! All discounts must be claimed by 11:59 p.m. PST on December 31.”

As soon as I purchased an item after gifting the price when back to the regular price.. this does NOT allow me to purchase 3 of them at the new price.

I thought it meant “quantity” as in, the items that sell in different quantities. For instance, if I gifted a small quantity of black lion keys from the store. My next purchase would be 40% off, but I could buy 25 keys at 40% off. Or at least, that is how I interpreted it.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The official page about it has a disclaimer down the bottom that explains why:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-holiday-gifting-event/

“My promotions manager would like me to clarify that this is a one-for-one basis. If you send the same gift to three friends at once, your next three personal purchases of that item will be discounted by 40%.”

So it seems the patch notes were misleading. It’s a “gift one, get one discount” offer.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Curtis Johnson

Sorry for the confusion, I’ll try a different phrasing to see if that helps.

Each gift earns you a discounted purchase, even of a different stack size.

So for example you can gift 1 black lion key to a friend, and get 40% off a purchase of the 25 stack of keys.

Note, Collection expanders are not gift-able due to being account limited purchases. So sorry no discount on those.

Total makeover kit

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarksunG.9537

Sorry for the confusion, I’ll try a different phrasing to see if that helps.

Each gift earns you a discounted purchase, even of a different stack size.

So for example you can gift 1 black lion key to a friend, and get 40% off a purchase of the 25 stack of keys.

Note, Collection expanders are not gift-able due to being account limited purchases. So sorry no discount on those.

Unfortunately I would have purchased a 5 pack if I had know this. Instead, trying to get 3, I only got 1.