Toxic Mantles/Gloves/dyes in gemstore

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, the gemstore updated tonight with the Toxic Mantle, Toxic Gloves and Toxic dyes in the gem store.

Toxic Dyes – 125 gems each or 5 for 500 gems.

Toxic Mantle/Toxic Glove – 400 gems each
* Same across all 3 armor types and between genders.

Pics: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/05/gw2-toxic-dyes-mantles-and-gloves-in-the-gemstore/

Video showing off the Toxic Mantle + gloves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsl_9vjnph0

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The price of Van Gogh’s painting “starry night” will go through the roof now!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Love the new dyes and armor! Looks fantastic on Sylvari, especially in cultural armor.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

More RNG dyes, thanks for listening arena net. Thanks.

edit: Also 400 gems for shoulders, and 400 gems for gloves. So 800 gems for 2 pieces and not a full set of armor? How does this pricing make sense? Who makes these decisions at arena net?

(edited by KOPPER.1458)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dirk Jan.9534

Dirk Jan.9534

These items should be obtainable through ingame achievements, not in the Gemstore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drucilla.3158

Drucilla.3158

I’m a bit sad, dropped over 3k gems on the dye kits and ended up with 2 of the special dyes. Limonite and Cyanide. Ah well.

RNG is RNG, working as intended.

Fires of Wisdom [WISE]
Angry Intent [AI]
Yak’s Bend

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Renoaku.4189

Renoaku.4189

Will these costumes work on cloth armor?

And will they be still on store in like a week can’t buy these till then already spent $30 this week…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Will these costumes work on cloth armor?

And will they be still on store in like a week can’t buy these till then already spent $30 this week…

If you’re talking about the Toxic Shoulder / Glove items, yes. They work on any armor class. The Gem Store just has an odd quirk where it will only “preview” them as heavy armor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

As far as time available, we aren’t sure. I would guess you’ll see them until at least the end of the month though. The Dec 10th patch or so will probably see them go, if they aren’t permanent. I kinda hope they are like the other armors in the gem store (not for me, but for those who want them).

Drucilla: I’ve been there with flame and frost and refuse to go back, sorry you didn’t get a better haul. I would be ok with their RNG dye system if it was 1 of 6 and not 1 of 25 with 6 specials. Up until flame and frost I had all the dyes on 1 character and several others 1/2 complete their collection, this killed dyes for me sadly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Vincent dye looks VERY nice. I’m seriously tempted to get that one for my Asura.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So they took the molten skins which they claimed were impossible to dye due to technical reasons… changed the colors… and added dye channels… and slapped an 800 gem price tag on them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

KOPPER.1458

400 gems for the gloves zudent, and 400 for the shoulders. 800 total for 2 pieces.