Korsbaek.9803

most likely not

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Prolly not. Short-term it’d be great for all of us to offload excess. Long-term it could make leveling luck completely irrelevant.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

You have excess luck?

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Priceless.2305

Priceless.2305

This already exists, just don’t salvage greens/blues and sell them on the T/P instead!

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Actually, i can see this to be needed. After all, what would happen, when some player hits 300% cap and gets essense? What would he have to do with it?

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Delete them. Reaching 300% magic find is no small feat.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

At 300% luck you can keep consuming it. The process bar turns green and when you keep consuming it looks like a fraction 1000/1000 for example. Almost as if they have it planned like the MF luck cap could be raised and your previous luck won’t go to waste.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

Actually, i can see this to be needed. After all, what would happen, when some player hits 300% cap and gets essense? What would he have to do with it?

that day that problem but getting there seems like it would be the first ting to do.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Speculation from me^^

someday we will see transmutation
1-5 essences magicfind to 1 essence with
+%Exp
+%Karma
+%Gold
+%Glory
+%WXP,
+%gatheringboost
+%craftingluck(criticals)
……….. and so on

im sure someday we will have something like this ….. and than it start to be interesting^^

atm they get the numbers how fast people lvl out the magicfind to make the curve for the others

i woud bet on it^^

atleast it would make than sense Artificier can upgrade them

(edited by Romek.4201)

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Maybe at 300% Account MF, you get awarded an Artificer Recipe that lets you craft Magic Find Boosters with essences of luck.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

My guildmate is at 176 luck atm and he is not a hardcore player. I am pretty sure there are some maniac out there who already hit the 300. It will take me forever with my casual playstyle (67%) unless they start to give out 1000-2000 luck guaranteed formula from rares and exos.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

My guildmate is at 176 luck atm and he is not a hardcore player. I am pretty sure there are some maniac out there who already hit the 300. It will take me forever with my casual playstyle (67%) unless they start to give out 1000-2000 luck guaranteed formula from rares and exos.

At 176%, assuming it’s all from luck and none from AP, he’s barely 1/5 the way to 300%. Starting at 218%, gaining 1% takes as much as the first 64%.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I think that list has the same numbers for 218+ because no one who contributes to that wiki is above 218%.
If you’re patient, it is possible to make a profit while getting truck loads of luck. it just takes a long time. ectos→dust is much quicker, but you pay around 6c per luck (more if you then sell the dust) 4.2 million luck = 2,520 gold

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Liquid Swords.1740

I think that list has the same numbers for 218+ because no one who contributes to that wiki is above 218%.
If you’re patient, it is possible to make a profit while getting truck loads of luck. it just takes a long time. ectos->dust is much quicker, but you pay around 6c per luck (more if you then sell the dust) 4.2 million luck = 2,520 gold

I am at the 300% cap. I was updating wiki but someone kept deleting my progress so I gave up. It does cost 30,000 luck per 1% all the way from 218% to 300%.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

They’ll probably add some sort of mystic forge recipes that use them eventually.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

thank you, that is most helpful
do you still get essences of luck from salvaging and dailies? what happens when you consume them?

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And what happens if you’re at 300% and you then use MF food or boosters? Does your MF rise above 300 or is it fixed at 300?

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Liquid Swords.1740

Yes you can still consume it and I do still get it from daily rewards. All food and boosters still stack. Here is a picture to show what happens at cap to extra luck when consumed.

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the answer.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

And what happens if you’re at 300% and you then use MF food or boosters? Does your MF rise above 300 or is it fixed at 300?

It rises above 300%. Luck MF only stays at 300%. Account bonuses (Achievement point rewards) + boosts/food/wvw go over this cap. Everyone should start reading my thread in GW 2 Discussion section and the quoted wiki discussion posts on the matter.

Also, look at that guy’ kitten … 305% AP =5% luck = 300%

It goes over 300%! Now there is your proof everyone!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Im at 278% magic find. Hopefully will be at 300 soon. Once done I can work on other goals. If you run food and/or boosters this will increase above 300%. The AP panel will display your account magic find. But if you just hit H to display your character stats it will give the total MF% at the time. IE 278% + 50% (booster) + 40% omnom = 368% MF. Considering there are others out there with alot of gold and whatnot, my guess is at this stage there are already people at 300%.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

Yes you can still consume it and I do still get it from daily rewards. All food and boosters still stack. Here is a picture to show what happens at cap to extra luck when consumed.

I think this is photoshopped. Firstly, your MF display in your achievement panel only displays account magic find and does not include food or boosters. To get the total from your food and boosters you need to go to your hero panel (not AP panel). Also, the amount of luck required for each level is roughly half of what you need to be at 300.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its not photoshopped. He has 8000 + achievement points. Achievement point panel will show luck + account bonuses. If I had 300% from luck right now, I’d have 304% (6667 AP) my hero panel will show 334% with the cupcakes used.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I’m at about 105% and I already feel like I get a lot of rares and about 1 exotic per day, I would love to hear the subjective experience of people who are running 300+ all the time.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

Its not photoshopped. He has 8000 + achievement points. Achievement point panel will show luck + account bonuses. If I had 300% from luck right now, I’d have 304% (6667 AP) my hero panel will show 334% with the cupcakes used.

Yes this is correct. I also have over 8k APs. However, his post is a little misleading. The AP panel displays account bound Magic find. This includes both achievement point bonus’ and essence of luck magic find. It does not display the addition of food and boosters. In order to see your full magic find from all sources, you need to go to your hero panel and it will display your total magic find from account bound magic find and other sources (food/boosters/infusions etc).

Wow this guy would have hit 300% a week ago. That is quick!

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

sostronk.8167

I’m at about 105% and I already feel like I get a lot of rares and about 1 exotic per day, I would love to hear the subjective experience of people who are running 300+ all the time.

Its meh tbh. Most of the decent farm events give loot from chests/bags which aren’t effected by magic find :/ It will pay off in the long run, no doubt, but its not like raining rares like you kind of wish it would :p

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

^ And that’s why I’m not particularly driven to max out my MF score. Whatever I get from salvaging blues and greens will suffice for my purposes.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

MF infusion also adds to total MF. I am sitting at 104% base MF and with all possible boosts I am closing to 200%.

That, said I do feel that higher MF gives me more rares but nothing insane. I grinded my Bolt with 60ish MF and it felt the same.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

It probably should be. It is pretty much the same as selling blues, greens and ectos.

Tradable Essence of Luck

in Black Lion Trading Co

Liquid Swords.1740

To clear things up here is a new screenshot showing the stacking of mf. This is 300% from Luck, 5% achievements, 10% guild bonus and 30% food.

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood – PRX