Trading Post CDI or Dolyak Express?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Hi Guys,

I am generally interested in a Trading Post or Economy CDI and Chris Whitside also mentioned that one of the next CDI´s will probably be about the Trading Post.

I have been active on these forums for a long time and a couple of months ago there were alot of complaints here that Anet should improve their communication with the player base. Since then, i think we have seen alot of improvement on this front, they introduced the CDI
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development-Master-Sticky/first#post3662022

and Dolyak Express

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dolyak-Express-Dev-Q-A-Archives/first#post3496656

And we also have seen dedicated feedback topics for specific changes to the game.

All those communication tools have a different purpose, the CDI was introduced to give players a chance to suggest changes to the game, the Dolyak Express gives players a chance to ask a specific question on a certain topic, which, when posted as a new topic on the forums, will more likely be overlooked by Anet due to the sheer amount of new topics popping up.
The new feedback topics were just introduced, so Anet can collect that feedback faster, concerning changes that were made to the game (or upcoming features).

Right now I am wondering what would be the best approach to improve the Trading Post and Economy in general.

But i dont want to discuss changes to the tp and economy in this topic (there are enough open topics about that already) but they best way to go about it.
As i said, i suggested to have a CDI on these topics but now I am not so sure, if a Dolyak Express wouldnt be better as a start. Why?

Because I have the general impression that most of the player base knows very little or has a false impression about the economy and how to use the trading post effectively.

Thats perfectly fine with me, after all, this is an adventure mmo. So I think the first step should be, to try to educate those people who wish to learn more about the economy.
And for this a Dolyak Express would be a better start in my opinion. Because it has the advantage of players being able to post qestions directly to a dev without the input of other players and devs have the chance to review those questions and answer them collectively.

Every month i see the same questions, assumptions and allegations about the economy/TP coming up, which is normal, considering that new players come into the game or older players just started being interested in the subject. Many of those questions have already been answered by a Dev in the past but those new people just dont know about. By using the Dolyak Express Format, those questions and new ones can be answered once again and would be a great source of information to refer to because the are all collected together. This would be a very useful base for a CDI on the Trading Post I think because for the most burning questions, the players would already have answers and would know the status quo from Anets perspective on most subjects.

So i think it would be better to have a dolyak express first before starting with an CDI.

What is your opinion?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

While a moderated discussion would be interesting, most players won’t have much to contribute beyond “this makes me feel good/bad.” I think a Q&A session about the TP has a better chance to educate forum users, at least, about making better use of the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I kind of wish that they had a Trading Post tutorial built into the game.

I think a CDI would just be chaos for a topic the TP, so my vote is for the Dolyak Express Q & A feature.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

If they release the TP CDI in MAIN section i guess some players will be really busy to try to defend their economic empires

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Not sure about the best way to do this, but I just made a mega list here about the TP interface (UI) and functionality:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Trading-Post-Changes-Bugs-list/

outlining all bugs and features that players have asked for (and some new ideas), hopefully it will get at least one anet rep looking at it.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I vote Dolyak Express as well.

I think that there are more questions about the TP and why it functions the way it does that should be addressed before a discussion on what changes people might like to see occurs. It would provide a better understanding on what may and may not be possible.

(edited by brittitude.1983)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I would have to say a CDI in the General section. Doyak Expresses have been lacking in player participation when compared to CDIs by a wide margin.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It’s more of a matter of education – the more players who realize that a minimal time investment on the TP can dramatically increase their income through calculating a more profitable sell order amount, the less opportunity there is for a flipper to to make money from those players’ impatience.

As more players become educated about how to use the TP, there is less of a share of the total potential profit for each player actively pursuing those profits.