Trading Post initial cost

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pillows.1306

Pillows.1306

I found a precursor awhile ago and I put it up on trading post. Since then there have been 7 other people that posted prices below mine and now it seems that the item will never sell I want to re-post but if i take it off I will lose the initial 30 gold it took to post int the first place. Is there anyway to change the price without taking it off the trading post? Or is it possible to get the money back from posting it the first time?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Short answer is, no.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Listing fees are gone forever.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pillows.1306

does anyone else think that is a ridiculous fee? If people post cheaper prices than you your items will be on trading post forever. Especially if its a high priced item. Any news on them possibly changing this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I listed my legendary on the TP with a listing fee of over 100g, and have since been undercut. That’s just how it goes.

It isn’t ridiculous because it makes sellers think twice before choosing the price they do; this isn’t a tool for your personal storage, this is a tool to trade. You need to pick realistic prices, and you need to be able to commit to the long-haul if that’s the sort of thing you’re selling. Yes, your item (and mine) might be there for months (years for me, maybe), but that’s just how it goes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So @Pillows your mistake was asking too much for it because you either didn’t think there would be other sellers or thought there would be many more rich buyers?

Sorry, you choose your price … poorly.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

does anyone else think that is a ridiculous fee? If people post cheaper prices than you your items will be on trading post forever. Especially if its a high priced item. Any news on them possibly changing this?

Poor player choices does not equal bad game mechanics.

On a side note, if I’m the one who kept undercutting your stuff, I apologize.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if you could repost your item for zero cost, then so could those who undercut you. you’d end up having to constantly repost your item and it’d end up 1c above the buy order price. do you really want that? I’d just save myself the hassle and sell to buy order instead.
this is how it is for buy orders, and I can tell you that having the highest buy order for good valued things (things high flipping profit) only lasts for 30 minutes or so.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

While you can get caught with listing fees, it’s not a bad mechanic to have them. I do think however the listing fee should be negated for buy orders. Let the buyer pay the listing fee when i sell it instantly. That’s all i have to say about that.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Black Lion Trading Co

Pillows.1306

its just really annoying when people keep selling there products cheaper then yours. At this rate it wont sell for months… there should be a way to relist it maybe for a smaller fee. taking 30 gold for a listing fee is pretty high.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can you imagine the nightmare the economy would be without a listing fee? The fact that people would use the TP as a glorified bank alone would totally destroy it.

Also JS has told us that ~10 Dusks sold a day, I think the precursor market moves faster then you think. You might only have to wait a week or two, so don’t give up all hope.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eveleaf.4132

eveleaf.4132

The market is self-regulated. If your item doesn’t sell for weeks, or even months, then you asked too much for it. In short, you asked more than anyone else was willing to pay. When you do that, you don’t get a sale.

In order to get a sale, you have to ask for a price people are willing to pay, in other words, lower than you did. You can just fulfill a buy order. Or try to undercut steep enough that it begins to look like “a good deal” to buyers…i.e., not a 1c undercut.

And the listing fee is a key part of the system, because it means there is a very real incentive for sellers to try to find that good price, the price someone is actually willing to pay, instead of treating the TP like a lottery and just asking crazy high amounts on the off chance someone will bite.

Consider that 30g an expensive lesson in economics. Sales happen at the apex of buyer and seller desires. Where his “I am willing to go this high” meets your “I am willing to go this low.” It’s a compromise. A 1c undercut is not a compromise.