Trading Post needs better features.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: meraxeus.2017

meraxeus.2017

I’ve been playing this game since dang near the beginning . In point of fact arena net just sent me a birthday gift in the mail for my 1 year anniversary with gw2. At first the Trading Post was bugged and didn’t work at all now it kinda works but the search features suck. My question for arena net is this when the heck is this every gonna be updated. It needs it really BAD.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Why dont you tell them what exactly you dont like and how you think it would be better?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Other than the lack of armor class filter and the fact that food items don’t filter at all (though you can work around the latter by filtering for consumables by level, since all consumables aside from food and recipes are not level-bound so you’ll only get food and recipes), I don’t really see much problem with the TP as it is.

Like Wanze said, you need to be a bit more specific about what exactly you think is missing. Just saying “Its bad, fix it” isn’t going to solve anything.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Encarton.3985

Encarton.3985

I certainly would like to see the Trading Post be updated to include far better search features as well.

To be specific:

• You cannot easily filter for items that fill certain slots like back type items
  • You can’t filter by armor type such as light or heavy
  • You can’t easily sort consumables (only all and food subcategories seem to work)
  • You can’t sort Crafting Materials by profession
  • Gizmos could use an improved subcategory list
  • Tool and Gathering categories don’t appear to have any use
  • Trinket category probably could use a tweak separating out types
    And more.

It’d also be nice if they could put in a filter relating to items with stats so you could filter for the stats your looking for. Ex: Checking off a box for Vitality so all items with a Vitality stat are displayed.

Asura Engineer Doc Sokk on the Isle of Janthir

(edited by Encarton.3985)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It would be nice to be able to search for back items and underwater items. It would also be hugely helpful to have a filter to sort by “can be used by this character” so I don’t have to search through 8 different weapon categories. (This is in addition to the above)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Give it a memory feature as well, so I do not lose my search when I click on different categories.

Anet will probably sell the new TP features in the gem store…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Give it a memory feature as well, so I do not lose my search when I click on different categories.

That’s a ridiculous conclusion to draw. It doesn’t even make any sense. The way they handle their cash shop is incredibly fair.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

That’s a ridiculous conclusion to draw. It doesn’t even make any sense. The way they handle their cash shop is incredibly fair.

/gentlypats

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Encarton.3985

Encarton.3985

Ah, I do have one sort of bug though also in relation to the Trading Post.

If I select the search field (as if I was going to type something in it), alt+tab the game out of focus to look at something else, and then refocus the game, then when I try to click the search field again and start trying to type it does not recognize it and will open up windows (such as the Guild window when you hit the G key) and move the character around. In order to get the search field to respond, I have to either close and reopen the trading post or toggle the filter list.

Asura Engineer Doc Sokk on the Isle of Janthir

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It’d also be nice if they could put in a filter relating to items with stats so you could filter for the stats your looking for. Ex: Checking off a box for Vitality so all items with a Vitality stat are displayed.

That would be amazing. It’d be so much nicer to be able to filter like that in-game, rather than needing to look at Wiki listings or something to try and find all the gear with X stats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

500 gems per feature.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Easlay.3297

Easlay.3297

another good feature could be a filter for type of armor when u search them.
I mean:
– heavy
– medium
– light

@encarton: for that bug, just click outside TP window and then click again on the TP window, it works for me =)

[OSC] Easlay Koorst – Thief
Sfr

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shifter.3947

Shifter.3947

I place buy orders for 1000’s of items to buy and salvage and then resell.
I have an issue where if I have say salvaged 1000 items and still have 1000 items to collect but limited bag space prevents claiming it all at once. I then place the salvaged materials on the TP and it sells I cannot get the money for them till I have claimed every item I have previously brought before I can release the money.
The money does not even show up as ready to collect till you have collected every other item.

This needs looking at and I agree the filtering functions need looking at as the TP is one thing that lets the game down in comparison to other games where the market greatly affects game play .

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

That’s how it was working at release and for a few months after that. Then one patch made the search page reset every time you went to another tab and came back. I hated that change.

in Black Lion Trading Co

That’s how it was working at release and for a few months after that. Then one patch made the search page reset every time you went to another tab and came back. I hated that change.

Was it an intentional change?