Trait reset consumable?

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

Anet.. why? For that rare occasion someone wants to reset their traits during a dungeon? I’m not paying real money for something you can get for 10s in-game?

Why not WvW ability points reset consumable for WvW? THAT would make you a lot of money, I’d definitely pay for it. I’ve done my purchases from the Gemstore because I want to support the game (over 100e) but I’m often disappointed with the stuff that appears in there.. so much of it seems so useless, but that’s my opinion..

I am speaking for myself of course but I’m pretty sure others may find this a useless consumable too and the WvW variant will guaranteed sell really good.. and I don’t see the advantage or disadvantage of it.

You could limit WvW consumable so you can only reset points in PvE if you’re afraid of people exploiting it. You could also make it cost more than 70 gems so people would have to think twice to reset.

Just my thoughts on this.. pretty sure I’ll have people thinking alike here.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Anet.. why? For that rare occasion someone wants to reset their traits during a dungeon? I’m not paying real money for something you can get for 10s in-game?

Why not WvW ability points reset consumable for WvW? THAT would make you a lot of money, I’d definitely pay for it. I’ve done my purchases from the Gemstore because I want to support the game (over 100e) but I’m often disappointed with the stuff that appears in there.. so much of it seems so useless, but that’s my opinion..

I am speaking for myself of course but I’m pretty sure others may find this a useless consumable too and the WvW variant will guaranteed sell really good.. and I don’t see the advantage or disadvantage of it.

You could limit WvW consumable so you can only reset points in PvE if you’re afraid of people exploiting it. You could also make it cost more than 70 gems so people would have to think twice to reset.

Just my thoughts on this.. pretty sure I’ll have people thinking alike here.

WvW points will be auto reseted at every new season (or matchup? can’t remember).

I like the trait reset thingy, but I wish it wasn’t a consumable thing, rather a infinite one.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

I have to say, this surprised the hell out of me, and my opinion of this game took a bit of a hit.

One of the features I loved about GW1 was that I could go to an outpost and respec…for FREE.

Not only have Anet removed this from the game, and instead implemented a slight silver-sink, but now they start selling a gem store item which does virtually the same thing for more then 100 times the price of doing it in town?

What a complete rip-off. ±3 gold just for the ability to retrait anywhere outside of combat is definately NOT worth it, and I’d be seriously surprised if these things got sold in any substantial volume…

I guess in a couple months we’ll see an item on the gem store that allows us to save/load builds? Or perhaps choose a second class? Or anything that GW1 did better than GW2.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I have to say, this surprised the hell out of me, and my opinion of this game took a bit of a hit.

One of the features I loved about GW1 was that I could go to an outpost and respec…for FREE.

Not only have Anet removed this from the game, and instead implemented a slight silver-sink, but now they start selling a gem store item which does virtually the same thing for more then 100 times the price of doing it in town?

What a complete rip-off. ±3 gold just for the ability to retrait anywhere outside of combat is definately NOT worth it, and I’d be seriously surprised if these things got sold in any substantial volume…

I guess in a couple months we’ll see an item on the gem store that allows us to save/load builds? Or perhaps choose a second class? Or anything that GW1 did better than GW2.

Dude how can you get angry over something like this.

The ability to respec with pure silver is already in the game. It cost 3s.

THIS IS A CONVENIENCE ITEM

It’s NOT a new feature, it’s NOT removing a feature in the game, and it’s NOT something that will get you an advantage.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I agree that it’s been made way too expensive. Convenience is one thing, and lunacy another. They should have added this as potential drops to the BL chests as well.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

No, the price is right.. respeccing is cheap, but I don’t understand the idea behind a one use consumable (that costs about 4g if you pay ingame currency) to reset your traits a single time.. who the hell buys that? :/

It’d be more interesting to see a WvW ability consumable, because of Guard Leech & Applied fortitude, really can make a difference in your build.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I agree the price is absurd, and I won’t buy it. But people seem to be getting mad over the fact that it’s available in the game and that somehow this is setting a terrible precedent. I can understand rage against boosters or even unlimited gathering items, but trait reset? Out of all things?

If you want to get mad, get mad at the price, not at the item itself.

It’s as if people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

I agree the price is absurd, and I won’t buy it. But people seem to be getting mad over the fact that it’s available in the game and that somehow this is setting a terrible precedent. I can understand rage against boosters or even unlimited gathering items, but trait reset? Out of all things?

People are mad because the item used to be a tradeable item (adept manuals used to do the same thing but they removed this functionality recently). So yes, people have the right to be mad at the item itself. They took an item that already existed and linked it to real money.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

People are mad because the item used to be a tradeable item (adept manuals used to do the same thing but they removed this functionality recently). So yes, people have the right to be mad at the item itself. They took an item that already existed and linked it to real money.

So people used adept manuals to do this before.. I never think of these things. So I guess now those do not reset your traits or what?

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I reset my traits ALL THE TIME. While I like the concept, I don’t like it’s implementation. I would rather have a portable item that allowed me to reset them for the full fee even. That would still save me the cost of going to the trainer.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

It’s NOT a new feature, it’s NOT removing a feature in the game, and it’s NOT something that will get you an advantage.

It can be used in WvW while out on the field. It is a strategic advantage when used enmasse for strike teams and small ops for players that can utlize recon and assault specs and gear.

Imagine a thief or engineer that specs and gears for speed, then goes off in a safe away area and respecs for assault, now imagine 20 people doing this in organized fashion, now imagine a full server force that utilizes this in organized fashion vs a server with low WvW funding.

Its the difference of whole minutes of positioning and we all know that is enough time to make a substantial difference.

Solution – make it so it cannot be used in WvW.

Source: I have used this item in WvW and it is a very useful item for paradigm shift style strategies.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Give it time…..

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Give it time…..

I agree with this. In time people will see it’s true worth if it remains usable in WvW.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Can you use the item out in the open world?

That was one of the reasons ANet changed the system to force you to a trainer in town. Before beta even launched they announced the trainer requirement to a rather large uproar. The justification was that in-the-field trait resets destroy the “meaningful decisions” you make with regards to your build.

I’d be very surprised if this consumable magically reversed their original decision — or maybe I wouldn’t be surprised… just disappointed at the perceived “sell out” of their previously stated values.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ceno.1584

ceno.1584

Just give us the ability to have 2 specs already. It’s bad enough whenever I want to go from pve content to wvw I have to respec every time. Especially if you go from pve to wvw multiple times a day.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen in the Gem Store since the Royal Pass and Infinite Continue Coin. Why not just give us the ability to reset our traits outside of combat like they do in PvP? Sigh…

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree. Seriously… I don’t see how anyone could have a problem with this item being added.

This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen in the Gem Store since the Royal Pass and Infinite Continue Coin. Why not just give us the ability to reset our traits outside of combat like they do in PvP? Sigh…

I wouldn’t pay for the one time use ones… but I would for being able to have it unlimited. It’s just like how I never bought any of the non-perm finishers. But i have several of the perm ones.

Inb4 they come out with it… and it’s in BL chests (lol).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I am literally baffled by the concept of a single in-the-field respec costing more than 3g at current exchange prices. That is absolutely absurd. A huge reason I liked GW1 was the ability to experiment with new builds pretty much anytime I chose. I’ve always disagreed with GW2’s respec philosophy to some degree, but this just blew my mind.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I am literally baffled by the concept of a single in-the-field respec costing more than 3g at current exchange prices. That is absolutely absurd. A huge reason I liked GW1 was the ability to experiment with new builds pretty much anytime I chose. I’ve always disagreed with GW2’s respec philosophy to some degree, but this just blew my mind.

Then don’t buy it. They’ll see from the lack of sales that this wasn’t a good way of doing this. Instead they might put out a permanent one.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leuca.5732

Then don’t buy it. They’ll see from the lack of sales that this wasn’t a good way of doing this. Instead they might put out a permanent one.

I’m not going to buy it. I think micro transactions are great marketing, and as long as your prices have something to be reasonably compared to it’s hard to fault the merchant, but I just can’t see myself purchasing this item.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Because ANet doesn’t set their prices based on the exchange rates. Gems for gold is a mere nicety and a way for players to finance the gold for gems for cash market that may yet evolve as the rates keep going up. Also at 70 gems for one it is one of or the cheapest gem shop items available.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leuca.5732

Because ANet doesn’t set their prices based on the exchange rates. Gems for gold is a mere nicety and a way for players to finance the gold for gems for cash market that may yet evolve as the rates keep going up. Also at 70 gems for one it is one of or the cheapest gem shop items available.

That still doesn’t speak well for the cost of the item. A single use purchase is 70 gems, which in pure money is still almost 1$ per unit in US currency. I literally cannot think of a good reason to spend a dollar every time I want to change my traits out of a town. It’s not a money-friendly way for people who enjoy build variety to actually go about changing their builds.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Can you use the item out in the open world?

That was one of the reasons ANet changed the system to force you to a trainer in town. Before beta even launched they announced the trainer requirement to a rather large uproar. The justification was that in-the-field trait resets destroy the “meaningful decisions” you make with regards to your build.

I’d be very surprised if this consumable magically reversed their original decision — or maybe I wouldn’t be surprised… just disappointed at the perceived “sell out” of their previously stated values.

So yeah… ANet did sell out on their original position. I guess decisions are not meaningful if you’re willing to toss RL money at them.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

Leave it to Anet to charge money for something that most other games do for free. Instead of incorporating it as a feature in a patch, they make it a consumable item that people will pay real world money for instead. Anet is becoming the definition of greedy and is making every single design decision now based on how they can milk the most money out of the gem store. This game is becoming Gem Wars 2.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I feel it would have been more successful if it was a permanent consumable like the infinite salvage kit.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Just keep the condumable as it is, but add a permanent one thats 1000 gems and not usable in wvw (except spawnpoints where youre invulnerable).
It also costs 3.5 silver for a trait reset like it does normally.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Trait reset consumable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I am literally baffled by the concept of a single in-the-field respec costing more than 3g at current exchange prices. That is absolutely absurd.

That is a completely valid point. Consider the average reset is 3.50 + another 4 for transporting. That means we pay 30 times for the same service with the added value of convenience. Sorry but convenience like that doesn’t have that much value for anyone.

What I would pay for is a permanent ability (not an item that takes up my inventory space) that allows respec anywhere for 3.50 … Anet, you got greedy on this one.