Transmutation Splitter Explanation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

Q:

The Description reads: “Will return the original appearance item and stats item from an existing transmuted item. All items will remain soulbound.”

Example: Rox’s Quiver Skin applied to Rare back-brace, Rare back-brace transmuted to Exotic back-brace.
When using the Transmutation Splitter on the now Exotic Rox’s Quiver, would you get the Rox’s Quiver Skin item, or the Rare back-brace with Rox’s skin on it?

Another question concerning weapon “Skins” from the BLTC, when splitting the skin from an item, would you get the Useable Rox’s Quiver skin? or the Rox’s quiver skin applied to a lvl0 back-brace?

Update: Upon buying a transmutation splitter i see now that it gives the original skin and the item its currently equipped on. However, it lists Rox’s Quiver as a “Back Item” which leads me to believe it is not a useable skin, and will require a Transmutation stone to reuse.

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

(edited by Smoke.8510)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

If i understood correctly you should get a general item with best stats you used with the last skins u used.

I trasmuted a CoF zerker GS into a fractal GS into a twilight.

Got a PEARL zerker GS and my twilight (also got back the sigil)

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

Very interesting results, both of you! I know someone who had a Vision of the Mists they transmuted another appearance onto. According to you, LordByron, they would not get their Vision of the Mists back…just another item with the same stats. The skin is lost forever. Kind of sad! Also sad that separating a skin and its stats results in an item that requires a transmutation stone/crystal to apply to a new item. Boo.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

for sure it s giving back current skin + current stats.

I don t think many people overwritten an expensive skin with another expensive skin.

In my case i overwritten a fotm skin because i have many and the sigil was generosity…
could not afford another.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

What about legendaries that have been transmuted? Don’t you get the whole legendary back, including its stats (and the ability to change them at will)? Plus some generic item with the previous stats?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

What about legendaries that have been transmuted? Don’t you get the whole legendary back, including its stats (and the ability to change them at will)? Plus some generic item with the previous stats?

Yes and if you altered the sigil you’ll get that back separately as well. I transmuted my bifrost to zerk stats and it basically just gives you a fresh new legendary and then the stuff that you transmuted/slotted into your legendary. The exotic that you get out will be soulbound, can’t be forged, and can’t be salvaged though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ginrai.3609

Ginrai.3609

Just wanted to confirm something about Splitting an item that a Skin was used on. I used a splitter on my GS and i got back:
[King Toad’s Greatsword]
[Berserker’s Pearl Broadsword]
[Superior Sigil of Force]
I did NOT get back the King Toad’s Greatsword Skin, as I was hoping to convert it to a pvp skin. But instead gave me a blank masterwork Greatsword! So I just wasted 300 gems >_> . I really feel for the price that I would get back the ‘Original’ item as it states which was a skin not a blank GS.