Tyrian Explorer's Knapsack

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Alright, who is in charge? This is just insulting. It’s cheaper to get everything individually.

The Top Hat is 200 gems. Hairstyle kit is 250 gems. Zephyrite Color Swatch is basically available on the GW2 wiki (it’s a completely useless item). 5 Metabolic Primers are 550 gems. 6 Transmutation charges isn’t directly available, but let’s say 175 gems.

That’s 1175 gems.

There’s still the 5 utility primers that aren’t available anywhere else. Let’s say you wanted everything in this pack (doubt it) so you have 475 gems left to do whatever you want with. Well exchange it to 45 gold. Heck, treat yourself with Toxic Focusing Crystals for some reason (at 29 silver each). Congratulations, you’ve got 78 hours worth of buffs, which is more than 5 utility primers give you.

The people handling this section of the game must never had a treat in their lives. “Let’s have them pay extra because we put this together”. It’s supposed to be a bundle. How about you make it cheaper so people can’t possibly pass it up. Ever heard of Steam sales?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this Knapsack is sooo full of useless junk^^

1650 gems? i would not even buy this for 500gems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Two items in the pack which have value; hair kit and top hat.

Trans charges have some value but there are too few of them to make up any real value.

Metabolic primers and utility primers are economically defunct. It’s already cheaper to just buy more food/utility items.

Color swatch is useless. Color swatches will remain useless until we get to grey swatches.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I was really stoked about tuesday’s gem store additions and saw this…came out disappointed. Puts wallet away There’s nothing really worth it in the to spend over 1k gems.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I’m waiting for them to do a “weekend deal” for a third of the price to make it sound like they’re doing you a favour.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AlphaNeonic.1925

AlphaNeonic.1925

1650! I see they’re trying the same tactic they used with the Home Portal Stone. Gems only go up to 1600… guess I’ll have to buy 800 more. Either bank on people buying more gems or attempt to bleed them for a little conversion.

This is shameful Anet. The pack isn’t anywhere close to being worth $20 and the stupid top hat makes your character bald so it’s only to serves to highlight how bad some of your customization options are.

Also, I love how other games have barbers in world that cost a couple silver and boom, haircut. An actual barbershop with a chair you sit in. It adds to the game world and costs a few silver. Guild Wars? Just a menu that pops up and 3 bucks.

At least the Zephyr pack had black lion keys.

Gem Shop just keeps getting worse.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

When I looked at the Gemstore today, I thought that Anet were making us a late april’s fool… Guess what? It’s not! This is the worst useless pack I’ve seen. Please, either take this off immediately from the gemstore or change it (the price or the items) before people get riped off. This is truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

AlphaNeonic.1925

This is truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Truly Outrageous…. Gems……. …. Jem.

O_O

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

What is this kitten? Are you serious anet What the… A knapsack with crap items in it that are cheaper to get with individual gems??? Who keeps designing this stuff? Is the good design team on summer break and they have been replaced with cardboard cutouts? Explain this to us please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

What is this kitten? Are you serious anet What the… A knapsack with crap items in it that are cheaper to get with individual gems??? Who keeps designing this stuff? Is the good design team on summer break and they have been replaced with cardboard cutouts? Explain this to us please.

You sir, deserve your name!

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its like anet doesnt want our money

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Seems like an oversight to me. Every other bundle in the game is cheaper than buying its source items individually, so no reason for this one not to be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gloam Drifter.9158

Gloam Drifter.9158

I’m guessing the people who work on gem store updates are working on other things so they are kind of phoning it in right now… that being said you guys could still be making money if you just priced things reasonably :/

Lagg | Cat Six | Lögg | Heqx | Frame Loss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

this is seriously pretty ridic.

I can’t see how whoever made this thought people would actually want to buy it.
- purchasing components individually is cheaper than buying it in this “bundle”. (not to mention the individual items have next to no appeal value).
- 1650 so that the extra +50 requires more than the 2 standard 800 gem purchase.

It’s like… whoever came up with this doesn’t want to make money. Or they are trying to insult their customers.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

if you assume the utility primers cost the same as the metabolic primers then the total gem cost of the bundle would be 1725 gems individually vs 1650.

Neither primer is a “value” or saves you gold. The price is for the convenience of not having to worry about refreshing food which many people are willing to pay.

As you said, that gold can buy you 78 hours of buffs of consumables, while 5 primers gives you 60. The cost of not having to refresh food is a mere 5 gold. which is a minimal cost.

[ICoa] Blackgate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueLouMarini.5986

BlueLouMarini.5986

The same thing goes with the Basic Lumber Node Pack. You get it for 2000 gems, was it?
I did the math back then when it was released. Assuming you harvest all those 3 trees each day and each gets you 3 logs times their tp prices you have to harvest those three trees each day for a full year to get your gems back.
I mean what the …!? Running through the maps you can easily find four trees next to each other for free! Who does something like this?

(edited by BlueLouMarini.5986)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The same thing goes with the Basic Lumber Node Pack. You get it for 2000 gems, was it?
I did the math back then when it was released. Assuming you harvest all those 3 trees each day and each gets you 3 logs times their tp prices you have to harvest those three trees each day for a full year to get your gems back.
I mean what the …!? Running through the maps you can easily find four trees next to each other for free! Who does something like this?

It’s 800 gems, not 2000. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basic_Lumber_Node_Pack
And as to who gets it, it’s probably the same people who bought the basic ore node pack, also 800 gems for copper, silver and gold nodes. I remember several posts then from people who bought it and were happy with the purchase.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Please go back to recycling past items like skins, upgrade slots, tools, and costumes.
I really want you to take my money, but lately, you’re not wanting to it seems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So for 1650 gems you get

250 gems Hair Kit.
200 gems Top Hat
162-180 gems for 6 Transmutation Charges
550 gems for 5 Metabolic Primers

Which leaves 470-488 gems for your choice of a non-exclusive green and 5 Utility Primers. Well Sapphire Dye was over a gold even before the rush to buy up supply due to this pack. But even at it’s 4g current price that’s only 30-40 gems or so.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I’d also like to chime in at the generally oddity that is this gem store offering. I don’t understand the motivations or pricing at all.

More generally speaking, I feel like the gem store updates (especially the off patch ones) have been really lacking this season. I usually looked forward to Tuesday mornings, but lately it just feels off or lacking.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I’m still confused about why they put in an item to change your hair style and colour in the same pack as they give you a hat that makes you bald.

If you want to see your hair, you won’t wear the hat. If you want to wear the hat, you don’t have any hair.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t think it’s good value either, but therein lies your solution. Since we feel it is not a good bargain, don’t buy it. ANet will take note of the low number of sales, and either adjust the price appropriately for future items, or fill it with more appealing goods.

in Black Lion Trading Co

AlphaNeonic.1925

I don’t think it’s good value either, but therein lies your solution. Since we feel it is not a good bargain, don’t buy it. ANet will take note of the low number of sales, and either adjust the price appropriately for future items, or fill it with more appealing goods.

I agree, but it’s sad that this is even an issue 2 years after the game has been released.

Ideally, we have items on the gem shop that are mutually beneficial. Anet makes money and we’re happy with our purchase.

Not only is this pack an awful value, but it goes beyond to the point of actually insulting the players that it was offered in the first place.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Haha seems like more like an oversight to me than an ehm .. insult? Though then again, who buys this? I mean, whenever I see value packs I always calculate the individual costs.
I’d prefer to just see the temporary weapon skins added permanently. I only buy them if I like them (duh) and have a perfectly suitable character for it, so the rush offers are wasted on me anyways, it’s just inconvenient. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I have to admit that I’m scratching my head over this one. I am sure that they could have sold easily twice as many of these if they had priced them at 1000 gems.

Maybe they are just testing the waters to see how irrational the gem buying public is likely to be. Maybe it is something even more cynical, where they offer a good deal like the Zephyrite rescue kit and then offer this one to try and hook people in assuming they won’t do the maths and guess it is of similar value. Or maybe their anticipation of the value of the colour swath was way off because they made long term assumptions before the wardrobe changes were implemented and they haven’t recalculated.

Whatever the case is, they have hurt the reputation of the gem store, which is a shame.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Whatever the case is, they have hurt the reputation of the gem store, which is a shame.

How? Its already got a bad reputation. People blame cloudy days on the gem shop!

As for the product: it will suit some players and not suit others.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cormac.3871

How? Its already got a bad reputation. People blame cloudy days on the gem shop!

Given that you would be better off buying the materials individually I am curious as to whom you think it would suit.

I know there will always be people who complain on the forums about the gem store, but when even Dulfy starts complaining you know something’s wrong.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

lol i already thought it was crap without knowing the stuff was cheaper to buy individually. that just makes it worse.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

lol i already thought it was crap without knowing the stuff was cheaper to buy individually. that just makes it worse.

But it’s not cheaper. If Utility Primers are just as expensive as Metabolic Primers, 5 for 550 all, then you might be saving 100 gems overall, if you wanted all the stuff to begin with. I priced the rest of the stuff in an earlier post.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Given that you would be better off buying the materials individually I am curious as to whom you think it would suit.

I know there will always be people who complain on the forums about the gem store, but when even Dulfy starts complaining you know something’s wrong.

How the hell do I know who it will suit? Considering how many people play this game, though, it would be stupid to say that there will be nobody who gets something out of this.

And I don’t care what Dulfy thinks, I’ve never met her.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

But it’s not cheaper. If Utility Primers are just as expensive as Metabolic Primers, 5 for 550 all, then you might be saving 100 gems overall, if you wanted all the stuff to begin with. I priced the rest of the stuff in an earlier post.

well i was kinda taking it off the op, i dont care enough to figure it out myself but i do know that if i only factor the stuff in that pack that i am interested in it would most definitely be cheaper individually as that would equate to very little.

that black lion starters pack was much better

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cormac.3871

How the hell do I know who it will suit? Considering how many people play this game, though, it would be stupid to say that there will be nobody who gets something out of this.

And I don’t care what Dulfy thinks, I’ve never met her.

I seem to be annoying a lot of people recently, so I’m sorry that I added you to that list by being a little more blunt than necessary. However, you asserted that some people would find this package useful, so I assumed that you must have had a reason for this belief other than “someone might for a reason I can’t fathom”. If I offered something at $5 each or three for $20, I would hazard a guess that nobody in the player base would find the three for $20 offer useful, as big as that player base might be. It would get sales no doubt, but mainly because people don’t pay attention.