USD prices not clearly labeled

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Just posting this to say I think it was not very clear at all that there was currency conversion involved in buying gems off the store.

I looked into it previously and there was nothing to suggest a conversion would be included in the transaction. $50 NZD is already a lot of money for only 4000 gems or so I thought.

Don’t have access to a credit card so I went out and bought a prezzy card and loaded it up with $50 thinking I could come back home, put the money through the store and get the gems I wanted but unfortunately currency conversion screwed the whole thing up and I was only able to get 2400 gems with 11 dollars or so left on the card

Its really quite a pain in the @ and I’d like to think that at the LEAST if someone from ANET reads this they will take away that they should make it more clear that even if it says billing country NZ and doesn’t mention USD anywhere that it is still going to do a conversion and screw it up for you

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Anytime you are assuming you’ll get as good a deal as paying in USD but your currency is worth less then you can bet that it will not work like you think/hope it will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Goatjugsoup.8637

First I’m sure that sounds nastier than you intended it but wow
Second I did not see anywhere that it said it would be in USD. It knew the country of billing was NZ so why would I expect it would still charge me in USD without saying anything

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

After I had a look in game, I can see that it isn’t clear that you are charged in US currency either. I knew this was the case already, so I never checked to see if it was specified. The wiki article does show the gems and the actual cost/currency, but that isn’t much help if you haven’t read it before.

Prezzy cards (and most others at varying rates) charge an overseas currency conversion commission of 3.5% of the $NZ amount of the purchase. To work out what buying gems would cost on the current exchange rate go to http://corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_services/consumer_ex_rates.jsp
Put in the respective countries for the conversion and the 3.5% in as the bank fee and you will know exactly what it will charge through as.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Goatjugsoup.8637

I knew the prezzy card had a currency conversion charge but I didnt expect there to be one in the first place, thanks for the link but its not going to help now I mostly made this post in the hopes that anet would read it and maybe at least alter the purchase screen to say it is in USD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

That is confusing. Good general point and sorry about that.

We’ll work on making this more clear for everyone that $ quotes are USD $’s.

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Goatjugsoup.8637

Thanks for reading and replying

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

First I’m sure that sounds nastier than you intended it but wow
Second I did not see anywhere that it said it would be in USD. It knew the country of billing was NZ so why would I expect it would still charge me in USD without saying anything

Wasn’t intending to sound rude. I can understand how it was unclear what currency, but you gotta assume if ppl could get more gems by converting to Nz then purchasing at the same ratio of dollars per gems that it would be abused. Hopefully they clarify for future purchasers.