Unlimited use skins ?

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFire.1238

SkyFire.1238

Unsure ifs anyone has asked for this before but here it goes.

I bought a flame kissed armor skin because its a sweet look but being new to game i thought it was like the skin given to me because i had heroic edition of the game and place on a lvl 1 starter gear. I was upset to find out that was a big mistake…

Will u guys ever do a unlimited type of skin even at a higher price so people can enjoy their skins wit out extra hassle of buying components to remove skins off items ? *

I know its just me thinking $10 for skin is too much for single use. I understand this company makes its money selling items .

Some people dont want others to have the same look and thats also understandable .

Just a thought i wanted to see what others think and also Devs in this matter.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s not just single use, you can transfer that skin to your next armor with transmutation stones (1 to 79) and crystals (at 80).

But if you are looking for skins like the ones we get from the achievement chests, I don’t think so.

Also asking ANet directly for a response is a no-no.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

SkyFire.1238

Im speakin about those skins you buy from gem shop. I was sent here by support to share my thoughts/idea about unlimited skins option (gem shop skins) to see what people think and Devs review comments and act on what people are talkn about is all to this post. But thanks for your feed back

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

That’s how cash shop skins worked in gw1 and I thought that was a great method. 10 dollars for 1 skin is kind of a ripoff.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Just do map completions, including city maps such as Hoelbrak and Divinity’s Reach whenever you need more of the 1-79 level stones. You also have 5 character slots. Run the cities on them also. In addition, you can delete one of them, remake a character and repeat the cities again to get even more. There is really no reason to be short of the T stones.

The crystals, you might have to buy if RNG is against you.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I run with up to half a dozen gear sets for different builds and roles. Skinning them would add up to completely unreasonable sums. I could pay a subscription based MMO many months for that.

-> I’d certainly buy more BLTC skins if they were like the “Unlocked Rewards” ones.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

*to clarify, in gw1 you bought a costume outfit for 10 dollars, and then had infinite access to it, there was a costume slot that you could use over armor if so desired. I thought it was great.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I run with up to half a dozen gear sets for different builds and roles. Skinning them would add up to completely unreasonable sums. I could pay a subscription based MMO many months for that.

-> I’d certainly buy more BLTC skins if they were like the “Unlocked Rewards” ones.

welcome to micro-transaction-based-games. that’s literally the point of the gem store – to replace a subscription.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

I may buy one skin to use, but if they were unlimited I would buy them all to use whenever and mix and match.

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

SkyFire.1238

I like that idea mix and match parts of skins that a player likes at will wit out payn extra to keep per changing

I wouldnt mind payn extra for unlimited use skins no compents (stones) to use .

If this option goes live then theres a lot of work for ArenaNet to start making or Skins Much Faster

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

At the very least account bound reusable skin… maybe when they include that wardrobe some of us players have been asking for.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Of course they should make skins account bound and make it available in a wardrobe for everyone. Even WoW and other games do that. They should just add it to the place where we can take our Zenith weapon skins.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

welcome to micro-transaction-based-games. that’s literally the point of the gem store – to replace a subscription.

Stating the obvious. Yet it’s about the proportionality.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zayde.2698

Zayde.2698

I would hardly consider $10 a “micro-transaction.” That amount of money for just an armor skin that you now have to carry around with you in your inventory or bank forever or delete and never get back is ridiculous.

For something that expensive, I shouldn’t have to use transmutation stones to keep the armor with me. It should be like Kimmes the Historian where I can add the skin to whatever armor I like with no cost. And that way when I don’t feel like using it, it’s not sitting in my bank taking up six slots for each armor I’ve bought.

When they redid the achievement panel to have a section for unlocked rewards I was really hoping they would start using it for things like gem store bought armor and living story achievement skins but it’s been forever and still nothing’s changed.

Pretty much, I would really love to buy some of the gem store skins but it’s just not worth it.

And I would really like to see the unlocked rewards section of the achievements used for things like living story skins or the neat cut scene items they gave us during some of the LS in addition to holding the zenith weapon skins.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: acruz.6013

acruz.6013

I too would buy all the skins if they worked like the achievement skins where I can use them as needed but as it stands now it’s not worth it. Hope they change that at some point.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

It was not a huge mistake, i threw the primevil heavy armor on my warrior to level in style. During your quest you will get many transmutation stuff (make sure you don’t waste lvl 80 ones) also make sure you do map completion. I get new armor every 5-10 levels and transmute them to new armor.

SIDE NOTE
100% agree they should be unlimited and also think they should be account bound not character. Kinda like Zeypher skines.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Its not just the fact that they need to make the gem store items unlimited use(like the achievement skins that sit in a big pool you can take from). Its the fact that they need to make all of the items we have, once we equip them, account bound. Get rid of soulbound items and the game will become entirely alt friendly.

But then it boils down to the real issue… money. They have items in the gem shop to make the “gear exchange” between characters “pain free, for a small fee”. Theyd be losing out on sales from stones and splitters and multiple gear purchases. So yea, wont ever happen…

Same goes for the instant trait reset item… why is that even in the gem shop? Why cant we just retrait on the fly as long as were out of combat? Why do we have to go through the process of porting to said zone, find vendor, spend more silver, retrait, mess up, spend more silver, retrait, port back to zone that your group is waiting for you at…. its all about money.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Theyd be losing out on sales from stones and splitters and multiple gear purchases.

While I can’t say for sure, I doubt transmutation crystals and splitters are a large part of the gem store income. I would think most of those purchased from the tp are with gems purchased via in game earned gold.

I’d be one of those people who would actually spend real cash for gems if skins from the tp were unlimited use like the achievement skins. I’d also be more likely to purchase armor skin sets when I like some of the pieces but not the whole set. I’m inclined to think they are actually losing out on potential income by keeping skins from the tp single use only.

I also agree there is nothing ‘micro’ transaction about a $10 purchase and for something single use only, that’s cost prohibitive in my opinion.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: acruz.6013

acruz.6013

If anything have the single use set for 800 gems and unlimited use set for 1200 gems. That way if don’t have alts then you can buy the lower priced one and someone with alts can get the higher unlimited set. Everybody wins

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

SkyFire.1238

How about this idea

Like before some players want skins but feel its too much wit extra hassle of buying stones to be able to put on another armor when they are willing to pay more for options.

Players wit less cash are more willing to spend on gems may not mind buying skins/stones.

Example**
500 gems for single skin
1200 gems for unlimited skin one character
1800 gems for all character unlimited skins on account

I understand ANet still needs to make money but i wouldnt mind buying unlimited skins use w/o needing stones to change looks.

My 2cents

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I would have bough sooooo many more skins if they could be reused without stones / crystals. It’s darn annoying, and I refuse to delete my 10$ worth of skin just because I am not using the whole set. We need a better feature, which should have been in place well before beta was over.

Unlimited use skins ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I agree with the OP. Current skins are too expensive for one time usage. Actually I’m not buying more skins because I already have skins in my characters and don’t want to delete them. If they were of infinite use I would have bought all of them… In Spain with 10€ I can have breakfast in the bar for 6 days, or have lunch three times in a cheap place. I don’t have problems with money, but by my standards skins are way too expensive.