Upgrade Extractor usage

Upgrade Extractor usage

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

Can Upgrade Extractors be used on any weapon or piece of armor regardless of source or binding? For example, will it extract runes from karma armor with either stock runes or overwritten with other runes? What about runes applied to WvW armor. I know cheap runes would be a big waste. I’m just curious.

As it stands Black Lion salvage kits don’t work. I had a bunch of Transmutation Crystals but ANET rendered them useless before I could use them as they were originally intended.

Upgrade Extractor usage

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They extract from any weapon, armor or trinket. But as you mentioned, they are not really catered towards extracting runes/sigils/jewels but infusions.

High level agony infusions of +10 or higher cost alot of gold, from 60-1000g, so it makes sense to use an upgrade extractor, if you want to change your build.
Personally, i used it to extract utility infusions (guilded and magic find) because the 20 laurels to buy a new one were worth more to me tha nthe gold i spent to get the gems to buy the extractor.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Upgrade Extractor usage

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

We really need a cheaper way to get runes/sigils out of karma & WvW gear. I wish we could at least use a Black Lion Salvage Kit and just recover the runes/sigils only from this gear. (would not work for infusions)