Upgrade extractor bug?

Upgrade extractor bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Loki.8034

Loki.8034

One of my drops contain an exotic heavy head piece with traveller runes on it, being a mesmer the head piece is useless but the runes are not, so I buy upgrade extractor to remove the runes thinking I can resell the head piece, but lo and behold the head piece is now soulbound to me and cannot sell on TP.

Is the extractor supposed to work like this?

Upgrade extractor bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: samanosuke.4508

samanosuke.4508

I would say the extractor is working as intended as you can only sell default/unmodified items on TP.

On a side note, doesn’t the cost of the extractor eat into any potential profit anyway?

Upgrade extractor bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Math I seen on here and even on dulfy.net says that you only want to use this for infusions expensive ones and that you make out better just buying another rune. So in the case of this armor you would have been better just to salvage with a BLTC.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Upgrade extractor bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I thought I heard that upgrade extractor can’t be used on infusions. that would likely be the only place you want to use it atm.
the listable item on the TP has the rune in it. can’t list any modified items.
Black Lion Salvage Kit was probably your best choice.

Upgrade extractor bug?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I thought I heard that upgrade extractor can’t be used on infusions. that would likely be the only place you want to use it atm.
the listable item on the TP has the rune in it. can’t list any modified items.
Black Lion Salvage Kit was probably your best choice.

Not sure, if it works for AR Infusions but it works for others.

I bought one to get my MF Infusion from one Amulet to the other, for the price of 20 Laurels, its worth it.

Nevermind though that i forgot to get the new Amulet with a utility slot and got one with an offensive slot instead but that a different story.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.