Wasp Logging Tool animation too long?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

Seems like the wasp logging tools animation is way too long. I have used the chop it all on my other character and the wasp tool takes way longer to come out of the animation after it’s done logging. Please look into it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

actually yeah, I like it but it could do with being sped up a little.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. sometimes it also freezes you for a while at the end.

Best it seems for me, is to directly run away if you see the f-button disapear to break the animation.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Am i incorrect or doesn’t it generate the 3 harvests all at once…..so the animation for 3 harvests is actually LESS time than 3 axe swings….(or it’s the same time).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t have one myself, but from what I’ve been told, the total length of “harvest time” using the Frost axe is exactly the same as other logging axes. The three logs are given to you at the same time intervals as with the normal axes; interrupting the animation mid-way will cancel the harvest.

It’s why I actually don’t like it. At least with the other axes, you can see when you’ll actually be getting the log (syncs with the axe hitting the tree).

The exception to all these tools with regards to harvest time is the Consortium sickle. It actually finishes about 0.25s faster than a normal sickle.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

They all use the same channeling time(for logging), however the frost wasp one LOCKS you into the animation until the entire channeling sequence has been completed +1/2 second at the end of it.
It would be great if Anet looked into the full animation cycle of this item and fixed this inconvenience. I’m not saying I should be able to run past a tree and let the wasps do their thing (that would be way too great) like the Consortium Harvesting Sickle, but it would be pretty great if it would finish when the tree fell down and I could move on instead of holding me there for another full second or more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

They should probably change the animation so the wasp strike the tree for the duration of animation, as you would strike with an axe. It seems awkward because they chop it down so early in the animation, while you stand with your hand out in the air.