Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Forum-Reorganization

This forum will be removed, no more talking about the economy

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

So what’s gonna happen to the questions about the economy (specifically, the thread with John Smith) I struggle to think they will be stream lining communication between red tags and us by getting rid of John Smith.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are being lumped in with General Discussion because a few topics get crossposted there, like new and returning items or listing TP bugs in the Bug board.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Wow, that’s horrible. Not only are they removing the dungeon forums, but they’re also removing the BLTP forum? This forum has a wealth of knowledge that doesn’t fit into any other purview!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

So, Anet is doing something that we players never asked for and probably don’t really want?

Wow, who knew?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

This forum probably had the most interesting posts compared to the cesspool in General Discussion

This is stupid and I don’t think I’ll bother visiting the forums anymore if I have to wade through the kitten that is General Discussion just to read a few good posts.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Awww, that’s too bad. I enjoyed this little community. If they expect questions about the economy to be lumped in with the heaping pile of garbage that is general discussion I guess I’m out.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Cant wait to sell all my investments to the general discussions forum.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Cant wait to sell all my investments to the general discussions forum.

I already did.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

… oh yes we get merged in the we whant mounts section..
come on anet no one ask for a forum revamp
please emergency call john smith save our little area !
and talk with gaile

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Please don’t kill us.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A pity. I don’t normally post here but I do read some of the ongoing threads. If they combine so many forums I don’t see how these specialty forums can keep a discussion going.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Questions-on-Forum-Reorganization/page/3#post4601912

There is actually a good chance this forum wont be removed, but relocated at the least. The dungeon forums was also saved, so this is a good sign that this forum is sticking around too.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

They can reorg this anyway they want.

JUST FIX THE SEARCH ENGINE.

…Ahem.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

pdavis.8031

…Ahem.

Yeah Gaile talked about that. Its the software they use to host the forums and theres not much they can do. Although she did say they are considering using different software.

recognize my command!”

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

They should have changed forum software a long time ago. A broken search engine on a forum this active is grounds for immediate change. With this upcoming consolidation of sub-forums threads will be cycling out of view even faster than they are now. Without a functional search engine, we’ll probably also see a huge uptick in the amount of redundant threads in the newly fattened groups.

I really do hope this group doesn’t get lumped in with a more generalized group. The TP is a very specific entity and has many issues that are almost if not entirely relevant to it and nothing else.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that this custom forum software is write only, meaning it’s a convoluted mess that nobody wants to get near enough to puzzle out how it works and then figure out a way to make it less dodgy while retaining it’s unique look.

RIP City of Heroes

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

pdavis.8031

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that this custom forum software is write only, meaning it’s a convoluted mess that nobody wants to get near enough to puzzle out how it works and then figure out a way to make it less dodgy while retaining it’s unique look.

I wouldn’t doubt it at all.

recognize my command!”

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

What exactly is the point of changing up the forums. What was even wrong with it in the first place?

Säïnt

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

This is a huge mistake if they go forward with it. This sub-forum should be preserved like the Dungeon Forum and I hope they listen to the community when it comes to the BLTC section. Anet this is a really really bad idea.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

This will probably be an unpopular thing to say here but the feeling I get is that sub-forums such as this one end up becoming an abscess where only certain mindsets are allowed (due to congregation of folks of certain ‘interests’). I think its not conducive to good discussion due to the inherent conflict of interests.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This will probably be an unpopular thing to say here but the feeling I get is that sub-forums such as this one end up becoming an abscess where only certain mindsets are allowed (due to congregation of folks of certain ‘interests’). I think its not conducive to good discussion due to the inherent conflict of interests.

It might be unpopular, but it’s true. Have a posted opinion of things that differentiates from that set and it will be swarmed upon. It keeps a lot of posters from posting.

Serenity now~Insanity later

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I don’t get it.

This forum fills a very specific, continuous and genuine need. It is visited by many and the discussions in it are (mostly) mature and fruitful.

And why would they want to clog the general discussion forum with trade and black lion company related questions? It just doesn’t make sense?

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Agreed. I strongly believe that the BLTC forum should be kept separate from General Discussion. Perhaps it could be merged with Crafting to form a “Crafting and Trading” forum, as the two are somewhat related.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ensign.2189

On the contrary, that particular feature of this forum is the one shining feature distinguishing it from all the others here. Post some insipid drivel in general discussion and kitten and kitten trample each other join in on the fun; if you post insipid drivel here and you’ll get deconstructed and dismissed.

In detail.

I know this is really difficult for some people to get because they’re just as passionate about their opinions as anyone – but passion is not a substitute for substance, and the sincerity of beliefs do not necessarily make them right. If you don’t want to think before you post, go to general discussion. That doesn’t fly here, and that’s attracted a certain kind of person – and that little micro-community is something I’d miss, even our handful of adorable, stubborn posters that continue to refuse to learn anything after all this time.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I hope this is changed. I would hate to have economy discussion scattered all over general discussion, and I’d miss the community feel of this subforum. Why can’t they just merge crafting here?

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

I visit the crafting subforum and this subforum on a daily basis. I visit the general forum every now and then. I have to concur with Ensign in that this subforum has more posts with substance than the other subforums and that’s what kept me a regular lurker here.

I’d prefer to have the BLTC forum stay as a separate subforum.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ensign.2189

Absolutely, though they can definitely widen the scope of it – many of the discussions of crafting (namely the ‘how do I make money crafting’ or ‘how do I level it cheaply’ varieties) could easily be rolled in with the BLTC fare, and wider discussions of stuff like drops and in game rewards should be clearly marked as belonging here as well – threads like the complaints about just how many badges it takes to get all the luminescent armor pieces, for example, should probably be rolled in here as well.

I’d definitely like to see a separate subforum (at least compared to the alternative of rolling it in with general discussion), but this is definitely an opportunity to widen its scope.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Absolutely, though they can definitely widen the scope of it – many of the discussions of crafting (namely the ‘how do I make money crafting’ or ‘how do I level it cheaply’ varieties) could easily be rolled in with the BLTC fare, and wider discussions of stuff like drops and in game rewards should be clearly marked as belonging here as well – threads like the complaints about just how many badges it takes to get all the luminescent armor pieces, for example, should probably be rolled in here as well.

I’d definitely like to see a separate subforum (at least compared to the alternative of rolling it in with general discussion), but this is definitely an opportunity to widen its scope.

I wouldnt mind though, if all gem store related discussion (I want Bunny Ears) would be moved to general discussions.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I visit the crafting subforum and this subforum on a daily basis. I visit the general forum every now and then. I have to concur with Ensign in that this subforum has more posts with substance than the other subforums and that’s what kept me a regular lurker here.

Merge crafting and BLTC into one unique forum would also a better idea in my eyes, since
a lot of the economy in GW2 is based basically on crafting mats.

Maybe a forum called “Economy” or so

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

As quite a few have already said, +1 for a merger of BLTC and crafting subforum into an economy forum.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

As quite a few have already said, +1 for a merger of BLTC and crafting subforum into an economy forum.

Signed

I wouldnt mind though, if all gem store related discussion (I want Bunny Ears) would be moved to general discussions.

An economy subforum would reduce this i believe.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ensign.2189

That belongs in suggestions!

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

…Ahem.

Yeah Gaile talked about that. Its the software they use to host the forums and theres not much they can do. Although she did say they are considering using different software.

What?! After 2 years they consider switching from a broken software to another? Jesus christ.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

One of the biggest problems with changing forum software is porting the enormous database of posts and how they link to each other. Even upgrading to a new version can be a monumental task.

RIP City of Heroes

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Indeed, my husband’s been working seven years on a government database upgrade project that will hopefully go live this New Years. While I’m no techie, he’s regaled me with all the issues that go with the revamp and the corralling of old data into new formats. (Not to mention the frustrating amounts of infighting amongst programmers who disagree on methodologies, but hopefully ANet has people that aren’t out to backstab each other).

I suppose one less than ideal approach in this case would be to preserve these forums as archives so people can read all the old stuff, but start up new discussions in the new ones. Clumsy at first, but eventually no one’s activating old threads anyway, right? /knows better, given year old thread necros

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

this might make propagating pump-and-dump schemes easier, if you expose them to the wider and more naïve audience (general discussion).

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Well the reorg is tomorrow and since there was no word on preserving this board other than tossing it into the miscellaneous drawer (aka GW2 Discussion), maybe we’ll catch each other if a BLTP thread pops up on the 1st page for 5 minutes before it gets scrolled off due to the dueling/mount/P2W threads/Zerk sucks/Zerk Rules daily threads.

Ja ne.

RIP City of Heroes

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

Well the reorg is tomorrow and since there was no word on preserving this board other than tossing it into the miscellaneous drawer (aka GW2 Discussion), maybe we’ll catch each other if a BLTP thread pops up on the 1st page for 5 minutes before it gets scrolled off due to the dueling/mount/P2W threads/Zerk sucks/Zerk Rules daily threads.

Ja ne.

We’ll just have to dive in and make the best of it. We’re a talkative bunch, so we have that going for us.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

We’ll just have to dive in and make the best of it. We’re a talkative bunch, so we have that going for us.

OR we can say its not worth it and not bother posting about the BLTP and stop visiting the forums.

We are being removed!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well we lost, getting merged today it seems…