We must buy all parts of armor...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they sold it individually, the chest would cost around 500 gems and buying the entire set individually would cost 2-3x it does now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah and instead of 800 gems they would mostly just earn 266 per set since for many people the main parts are chest and pants.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It’s been suggested many times. I can see individual pieces being priced around 300 gems. (or 400 gems like all the other individual pieces)

I already have a suit of magitech medium armor, and I’d like to use the head piece on other outfits/builds, but I’m probably not going to buy an entire new set just to get the head piece.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

If they sold it individually, the chest would cost around 500 gems and buying the entire set individually would cost 2-3x it does now.

Why? If they put price 133 gems per 1 part all will cost 798 gems. Only 2 less.

they will not be that nice, especially when they are allowed to do absolutely WHATEVER they want with cosmetics

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Why? If they put price 133 gems per 1 part all will cost 798 gems. Only 2 less.

basic economic rule – you pay less for more. if they start sell pieces they will cost ~400-500. you have a lot examples in gem shop now. like masks/gloves/quiver etc

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Will this keep you from buying the set entirely? I know it’s never stopped me, which is exactly why I think the idea isn’t too shabby.

I wouldn’t mind being able to buy individual pieces though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Simple solution: Allow pieces to be bought individually but give a discount if you buy the whole set. Stores do this all the time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just going to leave this here.
Unfortunately, it’s in the suggestions forum so no new comments can be made there.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Gem-Store-Armors-Single-Pieces-Mock-ups

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Ok, chest would cost more than for exaple shoulders (It’s dungeon armor system) but I still can’t understood why do you, guys, think it’s bad idea…

its a good idea but consensus from dozens of other identical threads over the last year and a half is the realization that a complete pieced out set would never be 800 gems totalbut more like 2400-3000 as individual armor pieces are 400-500 already and it only makes sense the chest would be more than say the gloves which are already like 400 each… may as well just pay 800 for the set at that point.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’d like the idea of buying individual pieces simply because I like to mix & match different armor sets for a more unique look, but this practice has left me with a bank tab full of unused armor parts skins. And much like Lambent said, maybe we’d like a certain armor piece on more than 1 char. I’d love to outfit all my 3 medium with Krytan chest, for instance, but I will not buy 2 more sets knowing I’d have 10 more bank spaces clogged up by the remaining unused 5 armor parts skins. There was talk of a wardrobe that may allow storage of such skins that might make the system more bearable, but the option to just buy individual pieces would work too.