Weapon Skin why not Animation:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Not sure if this has been proposed or not, but thought I should put it up.

The black lion weapon skins are good but not good enough. What will make them better will be to have animations with them just like the legendary weapons.

Example,
The love struck firing weapons should fire hearts.

This should be done on all the other BL skins. This will improve character customization and also people will buy into the skins more often. Also Anet will make more money on this. So everyone is a win win.

If this was the case, I would buy into the black lion chest box. Right now I have over 100 and don’t see the need to open them.

Please Anet think about this.

What do you people think.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Flashier doesn’t equal better for everyone. Zodiac is actually my favorite BL weapon set because it doesn’t reduce the weapons to particle effects on a stick.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I do key runs for the fun of opening the chests, there’s a few skins that interested me..but not enough to care much about them.

For my ele, I love my WvW staff. I can’t stand too flashy.

Some of the bl skins are more animated than others, but like Lakdrys said, not everyone wants flashy.
(I also think the really flashy weapons look terrible from a distance, which is normally how I play my game, zoomed out as far as possible.)

(edited by Taygus.4571)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

My big love is the foldable weapon types.
Even if it’s a compact sheating on a Longbow, a Longbow that folds to Shortbow or a Greatsword that folds onto a combat bow.
Yep, some cool animation would be better than skins that no armor really match for (ley!), or just have fat particle effects that annoys me (Corrupted skins for example).

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Flashier doesn’t equal better for everyone. Zodiac is actually my favorite BL weapon set because it doesn’t reduce the weapons to particle effects on a stick.

First of all of your comment was flagged, I did not mean to. Writing on phone, I mistaking clicked on flagged.

Back to the main topic.

What about if they give us the chance to turn on and off the animation like some of out gear. That will now satisfy the majority, those that love animations and those that don’t and those that want it sometime and sometimes not.

I still stand by the rack that with animations on the weapons there will be more sales. Of the BL lockbox.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I still stand by the rack that with animations on the weapons there will be more sales. Of the BL lockbox.

And more work.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Blades of Sabatine.5639

And more work.

Yes it will be more work, but don’t right will generat more income for them. So what your point?

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

And more work.

Yes it will be more work, but don’t right will generat more income for them. So what your point?

How do you know how much work it would generate for them? They had to rework all the weapons that already got released and they would have to implement an option to disable those effects. Sounds like a lot of work.

GuildWars 2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Let look at that, with every living world story, there has been new skins and each one gets more aura to them. Don’t think the work load is all that much.

In any case, the new chaos skin is getting close to what I am asking. All what is needed now is to have their action animated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

kokiman.2364

Let look at that, with every living world story, there has been new skins and each one gets more aura to them. Don’t think the work load is all that much.

In any case, the new chaos skin is getting close to what I am asking. All what is needed now is to have their action animated.

You think, but you don’t know for a fact. Besides that, does the game really need more particle effects?

GuildWars 2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Blades of Sabatine.5639

You think, but you don’t know for a fact. Besides that, does the game really need more particle effects?

More particle effects, maybe not, but at list give us a way to turn it on and off.
More option is better than non.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaag.6538

Gaag.6538

it is a matter of taste , but I kinda agree with Sabatine, most weapon sets already look scandalous (like really scandalous) as they are, anet might as well go all the way with them, different visual and sound effects when the weapons are being used, or idle, and what not.
it is actually a very viable idea if u think about it…as long as anet doesnt go overboard…again…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

All the BLTP weapon skins I have obtained DO have animations. They are not uber-flashy (like some of the Legendary weapons) but they are there.

There is this saying about “giving an inch”, that might be appropriate for MANY threads on these forums….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances