Week 3: Collecting and Trading

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

“In the September 2014 Feature Pack, we’re rethinking the way you collect and trade items!”

Did the complainers finally win? Are they going to limit trading?

Or are they going to overhaul the TP?

Either way it looks like this feature patch is going to mean a huge change to the economy. Better start preparing!

Discuss.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

collecting is hopefully an update for miniatures

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Hard to discuss since we don’t know what items collected/trading they are talking about. For all we know they are making every named item account bound on acquire and non tradeable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I find this one hard to speculate on until we can at least see the blog titles. Considering absolutely nothing is known in regards to what aspects of collecting and trading they are referring too, we can’t even really make an educated guess. Oh sure, we can toss out some completely random ideas based on the wants/desires/rants of some, but that’s all they’ll be…randomness.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

We could place bets. Like 1000g on that it will completly underwhelming and not worth the wait.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Going the Diablo III method and nuking the TP while simultaneously super-buffing drops? It seemed to work in that game.

Might be more fun to remove weapons and armor from the TP and turn it into a commodity exchange for crafting materials and the like. Minis, skins, consumables and other stuff can probably stay too. I like to be able to find my own stuff, as long as the chance is reasonable to find it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Going the Diablo III method and nuking the TP while simultaneously super-buffing drops? It seemed to work in that game.

Might be more fun to remove weapons and armor from the TP and turn it into a commodity exchange for crafting materials and the like. Minis, skins, consumables and other stuff can probably stay too. I like to be able to find my own stuff, as long as the chance is reasonable to find it.

Diablo III however is not an MMO, so the economy is significantly less important there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Minis bound after use, but you can buy all series again …
I don’t know what to expect and I don’t know if I should be exited or afraid.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I only hope they don’t do any stuff to harvesting (if thats meant with collecting) that
would nerf my income .. and collecting means more skins ans minis or whatever.

Else .. hope to finally get a better interface for the TP

Diablo 1 and 2 have always been that way .. it was just the purest form of item grinding
and D3 simply took away the only thing that really made people play Diablo.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

One could only dream………..

Tbh I don’t care what they do as long as they make rewards better. This game needs it more than anything else.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Nuking accountbound and soulbound from orbit? Every item will be trade-able to go along with player-to-player trading!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

With any luck legendary weapons will become account bound!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d love to see ascended become tradeable, but I find that extremely unlikely.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

It’s more likely that exotics will be account bound on acquire now.

They would have to super, super buff drops IMO. Rares drop like greens, precursor’s have a 10% chance, each time you run a dungeon you get one more lodestone than last time (1 the first time, 2 the second time, 3 the third time, etc.). Something tells me ANet won’t do that though.

(edited by Morsus.5106)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They would have to super, super buff drops IMO. Rares drop like greens, precursor’s have a 10% chance, each time you run a dungeon you get one more lodestone than last time (1 the first time, 2 the second time, 3 the third time, etc.). Something tells me ANet won’t do that though.

They also would totally change the stat system on items … so that they have random
stats and we would endless farm to find the “perfect” stats .. since thats what Diablo
is all about. Its just an endless grind to get some statpoints more.

Played D1 and D2 for long years .. but in D3 i was already bored after 1 week since
i personally now need some optical character customization .. else its no fun
any longer just to grind for gear to have better stats on a generic looking toon.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

They also would totally change the stat system on items … so that they have random
stats and we would endless farm to find the “perfect” stats .. since thats what Diablo
is all about. Its just an endless grind to get some statpoints more.

Played D1 and D2 for long years .. but in D3 i was already bored after 1 week since
i personally now need some optical character customization .. else its no fun
any longer just to grind for gear to have better stats on a generic looking toon.

No, I would also be completely against variable stats and most definitely do not want a stat gear grind in GW2. I’m also interested in more visual customization options.

Now that we have the wardrobe though, it would be nice if there was a way to collect/acquire the various “named” skins in a path that is not grind/buy gold —> buy off of TP. Let’s say I want the skin of Al’ir’aska because voltaic spears are awesome. The chances of me actually looting it are, for practical purposes, zero. Exotic drops are infrequent enough, plus needing to be a specific weapon, then a specific skin. Sure, I could try to forge for it, but then I need to acquire a pile of exotic spears and if I need to buy them to toss into the forge, I might as well just buy the one I want.

I’d take skin unlocks as drops, separated from the actual weapon. i.e. Al’ir’aska the exotic spear still drops with the usual frequency and can be salvaged, forged, used, etc. However there could also be more frequent account bound drops of skin unlocks that are sort of like recipe sheets – double click to unlock the skin in the wardrobe and that’s it. Heck, group them by region so I know where to target if I want a specific one. Can’t forge, salvage and you actually need another spear to transmute it onto. It is my hypothesis that nearly all of the demand for exotic weapons is to flush in the forge and the demand for the skins is relatively low, save a few exceptions like Crystal Guardian or Cobalt, so this wouldn’t tank the exotic market. Might actually goose sales of trans charges too.

Anything to make loot more interesting. I can remember exactly two exciting drops in my 2k hours – Dawn and Jormag’s Breath. Anything else was only exciting because it could be sold for a decent chunk of gold.

(edited by thehipone.6812)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You only get to use the TP 3 times per day, further uses will cost 50 gems each xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It’s more likely that exotics will be account bound on acquire now.

If that would be the case, none of my new characters would get an exotic item anymore. I’ve had two exotics drop for me since the DryTop update. And I can’t even remember hoe many champs I’ve killed or how many boxes I’ve opened since then….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Hopefully it’s a more useless TP UI that doesn’t require you to go to third party websites to get useful information that isn’t given in game……and you know maybe a “repeat order” button so we don’t have to keep typing in the same numbers over and over again when making bulk purchases.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They said “changes to the ways you collect and trade items”. I’m wondering if this might be alternative ways of acquiring rare skins like the Black Lion weapons (for example, maybe Sclerite weapons become craftable in the same way that Ambrite weapons are, using Karka Shells and Settler inscriptions instead).

I’m also hoping that dungeon runes are no longer soulbound/account bound, and that Order/Badges items can now be salvaged or at least Forgeable.

I also hope that it means r500 Chef and Jeweler is coming, but none of the text suggests it’s in this patch, unfortunately.