What happened to orichalcum ore and ancient wood logs?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: YellowPainting.4892

YellowPainting.4892

Ancient Wood Logs went from 2s to 1s.
Orichalcum ore went from 4s to 2.5s.

Both were steadily rising, then a day ago, the price just dropped like crazy. Not that it’s bad or anything, easier to make exotic gear, I’m just wondering.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

It’s during the week. Supply goes up and demand down when fewer people are on. Wait until this weekend and everything will go back up. I go out and farm every 5 hours and save it up all week as I can make almost double what I would have.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neoryudo.2914

Neoryudo.2914

so its all due to supply and demand, obv Orichalcum and A Wood, is in high need at the moment, there are nodes in the 2 highest Orr maps and the highest level 80 Norn map, BUT the locations of these nodes change whenever there is a patch, so this might be why the prices influx quite abit, Example:

There has just been a patch and for the first day everyone is going around trying to find where the nodes have spawned, because of this not everyone is getting as many ore and the price will rise,

Now if there has not been a patch in 3 days most people now know where they can find the wood and ore and everyone is gathering it o the price will drop, and so it repeat’s next time they patch

(not to mention people exploiting by keep changing servers )

East North South West North, The gates to Arah will open

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: axeN.7086

axeN.7086

After someone posted about the clever use of changing servers on some popular gaming forums, the orichalcum ores market tanked pretty fast.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I figured it’s due to bugged skill points being fixed on several high end zones meaning many people suddenly got zone completions and free 40 stack of ori or ancient wood.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ferment.1306

ferment.1306

Yea the server transferring system to gain additional hits on nodes is probably the reason.

Though, if receiving 2 silver and 60 copper for my full run of CoE explorable is the standard for dungeons now and not some bug, I’d say expect to see prices on all goods drop substantially. I have no intention of paying even 2.5s for orichalcum ore if I can’t find another way to earn some decent cash.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chaoskane.6213

chaoskane.6213

I think someone just want to mess up the market because I keep see someone put 20ish ore at a price that is 12c lower than the lowest cost, then follow by 500+ 12c lower than that to lower the price by 24c in sec, that happen many times in 3 days, that does not make sense cuz ppl tend to put he lowest price or 1c lower than the lowest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

I think someone just want to mess up the market because I keep see someone put 20ish ore at a price that is 12c lower than the lowest cost, then follow by 500+ 12c lower than that to lower the price by 24c in sec, that happen many times in 3 days, that does not make sense cuz ppl tend to put he lowest price or 1c lower than the lowest

that’s because you can mine about 500-750 per day server transfering, if more people do it then the price will obviously drop lower than even the low price they’re listing it for

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ampenda.6410

Ampenda.6410

I figured it’s due to bugged skill points being fixed on several high end zones meaning many people suddenly got zone completions and free 40 stack of ori or ancient wood.

Came here to say just this. The price of exotics also came down, for what I speculate to be the same reason.

SBI – Siege Turtles [ST] – SiegeTurtles.com

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

There are also more and more level 80 people…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dishconnected.8360

Dishconnected.8360

The botting scripts are becoming more efficient.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

the spawn points dont change without an update therefore the bots and players know exactly where to go on the weekends so they just load up on them.

But dont feel bad Ori was 18 S per ingot 9 days ago.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

""that’s because you can mine about 500-750 per day server transfering, if more people do it then the price will obviously drop lower than even the low price they’re listing it for""

^ – pretty much this. but the amount is not really that high.
+ fact that more people know the location of rich orichalcum vein (personally i know only 1 location, dunno if there’s more of them)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

Fixed skill points definitely had a big impact. Completing one of the Orr areas gave me 40 Ori.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dishconnected.8360

Dishconnected.8360

Is server transferring to mine bannable? Someone mentioned it was not and I have yet to find a response.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.